• This topic is locked This topic is locked
647 replies to this topic

originalname

originalname

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:graphic arts, photography, everything outdoors, mobile devices, and more

Sure. Info about custom bioses that include overclocking to go with no whitelist

http://code.google.c...ki/OverClocking

http://myhpmini.com/...php?f=62&t=3951

Straight modified bios with no whitelist:

http://myhpmini.com/...php?f=62&t=3676

Interesting - quick question on that - sorry if this is kind of basic, but can you (after modifying the bios in this way) then go back to an unmodified version from hp?

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
@ originalname : Yes you can.

@ dparm :

I can't find any U.FL extensions. Is it easier to just replace each antennas with longer ones?

Only thing I found is a 12" extension for $20...and I'd need two:
http://www.jefatech....-Female-12.html

Flashing your BIOS is safe, and a lot better since you benefit from the built-in antennas. However if you still want to use the full slot, just buy new antennas.

I recommend the Dell Wireless 1510 with Bluetooth in the WLAN slot for best performances and stability.

originalname

originalname

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:graphic arts, photography, everything outdoors, mobile devices, and more

@ originalname : Yes you can.

@ dparm :

Flashing your BIOS is safe, and a lot better since you benefit from the built-in antennas. However if you still want to use the full slot, just buy new antennas.

I recommend the Dell Wireless 1510 with Bluetooth in the WLAN slot for best performances and stability.

thanks for the tip! any suggestions on which bluetooth card? the one from hp?

stven

stven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I installed with the guide provided on the googlecode. installed 10.6.3 combo update, didn't restart, installed HF5 but now I can't boot into OSX anymore.

I get this screen when trying to boot

Posted Image

Did I do something wrong?

mattkime

mattkime

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

thanks for the tip! any suggestions on which bluetooth card? the one from hp?

http://code.google.c...stall_Bluetooth

The Dell 370 and get the apple antenna.

dparm

dparm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

@ dparm :

I flashed to the new hacked F14 BIOS.

I'm still not able to find antenna extensions. Is the card I bought pretty much useless?

mattkime

mattkime

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

I'm still not able to find antenna extensions. Is the card I bought pretty much useless?

you can try this - http://mymacbookmini...01_archive.html

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 881 posts

Did you google for those extensions? That was how I found mine way back when. Of course since then I have switched to the 1510 as it's just a better solution in my book. I went back and tried to find a link for those extensions, but I believe all of that was removed by theproto. HTH

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 881 posts

I installed with the guide provided on the googlecode. installed 10.6.3 combo update, didn't restart, installed HF5 but now I can't boot into OSX anymore.

I get this screen when trying to boot

Posted Image

Did I do something wrong?

Looking at the guide, did you restart after section 3, step 6? IOW, did you make sure the system boots okay (without the flash drive) after getting this far? If it doesn't, then your problem is somewhere before this point. HTH

stven

stven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
In the HF5 released by LeM, after installation, he said boot with -f flag(ignore bootcache) what does that mean? and how do I go about it.

Found my solution, arrow keys helped.

However I still get into the same problem.

@mosslack
I could boot into OSX without the USB installer after section 3 step 6. but after I install comboupdate 10.6.3 and HF5(without restarting) I get back to the same screen.

I also did the boot with ignore bootcache, I end up in the same place.

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 881 posts
At the boot prompt, when the hard drive icons are shown, just type in -f and press enter.

mattkime

mattkime

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

At the boot prompt, when the hard drive icons are shown, just type in -f and press enter.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think thats part of the standard HF4/HF5 install. Maybe you can do that if you have a bootloader on a USB flash drive.

This is a question that has long vexed me.

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 881 posts
I can't answer that, I've never done his install. I was just responding to his question on how to enter the boot flags. :huh:

stven

stven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think thats part of the standard HF4/HF5 install. Maybe you can do that if you have a bootloader on a USB flash drive.

This is a question that has long vexed me.

Well after you install 10.6.3 combo update, you'll have to install HF5, the RC1 is outdated so I've downloaded the most recent one by LeM, LeM HF5, however after installing HF5, he asked to boot with -f. I'm basically just following the instructions on googlecode, but I'm greeted with the same screen about wrong kernel version every time.

mattkime

mattkime

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Well after you install 10.6.3 combo update, you'll have to install HF5, the RC1 is outdated so I've downloaded the most recent one by LeM, LeM HF5, however after installing HF5, he asked to boot with -f. I'm basically just following the instructions on googlecode, but I'm greeted with the same screen about wrong kernel version every time.

my advice is to start over and see if you can isolate which step is causing the problem. verify that you can install 10.6.0 without trouble.

LeMaurien19

LeMaurien19

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 339 posts
@stven
You can very well get HPM311DP_1109GA.iso or MowgliBook's BootCD (updated) - burn them onto a CD or put them in a MultiBootISO USB flashdrive - and use that to boot up your current installation on your Mini. This will by-pass the EFI config in your internal HD.

Then reinstall HF5.

P.S. I think I'm finally getting used to being referred to a "he" in here. :(

stven

stven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

@stven
You can very well get HPM311DP_1109GA.iso or MowgliBook's BootCD (updated) - burn them onto a CD or put them in a MultiBootISO USB flashdrive - and use that to boot up your current installation on your Mini. This will by-pass the EFI config in your internal HD.

Then reinstall HF5.

P.S. I think I'm finally getting used to being referred to a "he" in here. :(

Alright problem solved.

My installation method was kind of a mix of LeM's method and the one on google code, I patched my installer with HF4 this time instead of NBBM, the new installation works very well. Thanks for your help guys.

pearofducks

pearofducks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
i just did a clean install and did
10.6 -> 10.6.3 -> HF5
i made sure i did -f and all that.

right now i've got no built in mic though. and i get an occasional KP on boot.

any advice to resolve these? i miss hf4 right now :unsure:

samsn

samsn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Short Question: Which Steps do i have do take for a proper Dual Boot Install (Windows 7 / OS X) its a matter of the boot loader, it makes problems...
thanks!

pearofducks

pearofducks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Short Question: Which Steps do i have do take for a proper Dual Boot Install (Windows 7 / OS X) its a matter of the boot loader, it makes problems...
thanks!

the easiest is to just install macos, then use the hf5 boot camp utility. install windows 7 onto the partition it creates. then you might have to do some repairs. so reinstall hf5 in mac, and do a repair install in windows 7. if you need more details let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy