Newer Intel Graphics Drivers Coming?

Mifter

22 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I was looking over the specs of the new MacBook Pros, and I was interested to see the new graphics cards included in the higher end models.

Here is the text directly from Apple's website (Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see it http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html )

Graphics  -  Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with automatic graphics switching

And, with the problems with trying to get intel graphics chipsets to work with Hackintosh's, I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible to rip the drivers for the newer intel graphics chips (As Apple has re-embraced Intel Graphics) and use them with older intel graphics chipsets

Best,

~Mifter

Hey everyone, I was looking over the specs of the new MacBook Pros, and I was interested to see the new graphics cards included in the higher end models.

Here is the text directly from Apple's website (Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see it http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html )

Graphics  -  Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with automatic graphics switching

And, with the problems with trying to get intel graphics chipsets to work with Hackintosh's, I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible to rip the drivers for the newer intel graphics chips (As Apple has re-embraced Intel Graphics) and use them with older intel graphics chipsets

Best,

~Mifter

That would be the DH55 and DH57 Intel chipset boards that have built in Intel HD graphics. So i'm sure editing the new version of the Intel driver will work with older intel HD cards.

If the Intel HD chipset is the same on other brands laptop, then it should work.

That would be the DH55 and DH57 Intel chipset boards that have built in Intel HD graphics. So i'm sure editing the new version of the Intel driver will work with older intel HD cards.

i looked in the .pgk.

Lots= most of the system extensions , beside GPU!, got updated ( like HDA, SATA, LAN, WLAN, CPU powermanagement,... - near every hardware driver)

500MB + (unkompressed) update of System Extensions !

Does that mean some optimisation for i3/i5/i7 CPUs in that, beside GPU updates or more an adding new mainboard chipset subtypes to the drivers.

Works fine on a Hack. It contains newer Drivers for legacy Intel GPU.

Darwin Kernel Version 10.3.1

So you have installed the complete .pkg (with new kernel, new Audio, lan, gpu, sata, WLAN drivers) ?

Or odid you used an mix (reisntalled patched// older exentsions for Audio, Lan,....) ?

So you have installed the complete .pkg (with new kernel, new Audio, lan, gpu, sata, WLAN drivers) ?

Or odid you used an mix (reisntalled patched// older exentsions for Audio, Lan,....) ?

Installed everything with help of Pacifist, patched GMA 950 drivers with my GMA ID and it worked.

System Version:	Mac OS X 10.6.3 (10D2094)

Installed everything with help of Pacifist, patched GMA 950 drivers with my GMA ID and it worked.

System Version:	Mac OS X 10.6.3 (10D2094)

hello ricom2ger, can you post the edited files you are using for your wind

Thnx

T

Hello,

I have read now much about the drivers for the GMA950, but since I have installed Snow Leopard, my graphic card works not anymore like it had in 10.5.7. I have tried many things, install new kexts, i tried to modify my dsdt (I'm not sure if I have a good one..), I have added the 1280x1024 solution to my string, but I can not even watch a youtube movie in fullscreen like I could in Leopard. There are some changes in the informations. In Os 10.5.7, i had:

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x27a2

Revision ID: 0x0003

ROM Revision: OpenGL Engine activated via EFI String

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Built-In: Yes

Display Connector:

And since I have Snow Leopard 10.6.3. (I also tried 10.6. and 10.6.2), there are less information about my card:

Mobile GMA950:

Chipset Model: Mobile GMA950

Type: GPU

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Mirror: Off Online: Yes

I hope my post is not too annoying, because I know there are many threads that talk about this, but I would be really happy if somebody could help me? Thanks in advance

Hello,

I have read now much about the drivers for the GMA950, but since I have installed Snow Leopard, my graphic card works not anymore like it had in 10.5.7. I have tried many things, install new kexts, i tried to modify my dsdt (I'm not sure if I have a good one..), I have added the 1280x1024 solution to my string, but I can not even watch a youtube movie in fullscreen like I could in Leopard. There are some changes in the informations. In Os 10.5.7, i had:

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: Display

ROM Revision: OpenGL Engine activated via EFI String

Displays:

Display:

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Built-In: Yes

Display Connector:

And since I have Snow Leopard 10.6.3. (I also tried 10.6. and 10.6.2), there are less information about my card:

Mobile GMA950:

Chipset Model: Mobile GMA950

Type: GPU

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Mirror: Off Online: Yes

I hope my post is not too annoying, because I know there are many threads that talk about this, but I would be really happy if somebody could help me? Thanks in advance

You are not getting Hardware Acceleration because No Kext is Loaded.

You are not getting Hardware Acceleration because No Kext is Loaded.

Hmm yes you are right, it seems that there is no acceleration, therefore my graphics speed are very low, but how can I solve that problem then? I have tried to install the kexts "IntelGMA950" or "integrated framebuffer" or "natit" with OSX86Tools, but nothing changed... I also can't change graphics resolutions in Snow Leopard, in Leopard everythink worked fine...

Out of curiosity does this mean that it now may be possible to use the previously incompatible Intel GMA 4500 (aka Intel Express Series 4) graphics with Snow Leopard and get a working graphics experience instead of the default?

Yes, but for now we can`t get some one who knows a lot about code or developing, to import the GMA4500 device id in the new kext. The X3100 kext was patched, but only for supporting the native resolution. Now we need hardware acceleration, because the IntelHD chip i more like the 4500 than x3100.