• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

maclust

maclust

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
so i used an online tutorial on installing 10.6.3 on my N310 but i can't get sleep to function properly i installed the voodoominibattery kext and caused my system to freak out so i have to figure out a nother way. i'm trying the dsdt.aml file swap to see if that works. but if any one knows of a simple solution please let me know.

maclust

maclust

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
well after reinstalling the os i cannot get audio driver to work anymore. please let me know if you have any suggestions.

so i used an online tutorial on installing 10.6.3 on my N310 but i can't get sleep to function properly i installed the voodoominibattery kext and caused my system to freak out so i have to figure out a nother way. i'm trying the dsdt.aml file swap to see if that works. but if any one knows of a simple solution please let me know.

maclust

maclust

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
i did a reinstall on a wiped drive and it is back to the 90% completetion i now have sound. what i don't have is sleep i can't toggle the BT off and i can't adjust screen brightness through using the fn key. my big issue i have is the sleep. which i believe i can install using sleepenabler. but we shall see.

well after reinstalling the os i cannot get audio driver to work anymore. please let me know if you have any suggestions.

maclust

maclust

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
it also seems that i cannot get the sensitivity for the trackpad just right. it seems the sleepenabler.kext file does not work by it's self.

maclust

maclust

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Activate On/Off for Bluetooth (This step is no longer needed for NetbookInstaller ver. 0.8.3)

Navigate with Finder to this file - /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/
PlugIns/BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

(you need to right click, "show package content" a couple of times to access the file)

Copy this Info.plist onto the Desktop, and open with Text Editor. Find the following section:

<key>Broadcom2045FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>Broadcom2045FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>
<dict>
<key>ClassicMustNotSeize</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>8448</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2652</integer>
</dict>

Replace 8448 with 8529; 2652 stays as 2652. Save Info.plist. Move the saved file back to the original location to over write the previous version.

Finally, run UpdateExtra inside /Extra (it'll take 3-4 of minutes to finish), then reboot.

[EDIT: different hardware may require different codes. Here is how you look it up for your netbook:
Go to "About this Mac, More Info", look for information of your bluetooth hardware
Look specifically the HEX code for Product ID and Vendor ID.
For 1008HA, look for BT-253 under USB -
Product ID: 0xb700
Vendor ID: 0x0b05 (ASUSTek Computer Inc.)
Google for a HEX to Decimal converter, in my case b700 and 0b05 convert to 46848 and 2821.
These are the two numbers you should use in the above info.plist file.

this is by no means my personal work. just something i had found and adding for convenience sake.

so now i will need to find how to control brightness settings and sleep. the track pad is working by fine tuning the sensitivity. will post back when i find something. for brightness and sleep.

maclust

maclust

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
http://www.computers...n-snow-leopard/
well the samsung n310 is 100% compatabile

Perhaps someone at http://www.mystiquemac.com/forum/ would be able to point you in the right direction. They have managed to get 10.6 running on the NC10 with all but the stock wifi card working.

xKrNMBoYx

xKrNMBoYx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Well on the netbook compatability chart it said the N310 is 100% compatible at mynetbook.com

there is also a guide there. you might want to look in the discussion threads and tutorial

maclust

maclust

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
well it seems as though the netbbok functions but the keys need to be remapped to have everythig perfect. the alt key acts as the CMD key but i can't find a program to remap them.

Well on the netbook compatability chart it said the N310 is 100% compatible at mynetbook.com

there is also a guide there. you might want to look in the discussion threads and tutorial

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
To remap your keyboard: try Ukelele: http://scripts.sil.o...item_id=ukelele

patrick9999

patrick9999

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
i need help with samsung n310 and AR5007EG atheros.

Can we have a working solution or must we change the wifi card ?

i try different old solution and test without success.

thanks you

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I would advise you to change the WiFi card.

That's the easiest and quickest way to have a working WiFi under OSX.

A Dell 1510 will not cost you much (20$ on eBay).

maclust

maclust

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
the atheros card is junk so switching to a broadcom unit is actually better. i aslo while you are in there upgarde your HDD and memory

klouud

klouud

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I would advise you to change the WiFi card.

That's the easiest and quickest way to have a working WiFi under OSX.

A Dell 1510 will not cost you much (20$ on eBay).

Will the Dell 1510 work right out of the box?

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Yes, it works like a charm...

macinfx

macinfx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Look, Atheros Card works.

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=228968

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Wow :wacko: This is serious news !!!

That's great; thank you very much for sharing this.

cura

cura

Italian Squad Staff (InsanelyMacRocker)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

i did a reinstall on a wiped drive and it is back to the 90% completetion i now have sound. what i don't have is sleep i can't toggle the BT off and i can't adjust screen brightness through using the fn key. my big issue i have is the sleep. which i believe i can install using sleepenabler. but we shall see.

if you want to get sleep works properly on this fantastic netbook you have to change some bios values.
On the boot screen press f2 and then enter bios set up.
Set in the advanced tab this values:

EBD enalbled
USB legacy disabled
USB s3 enabled

Note that sleep won't work until you update at 10.6.3
If you update to 10.6.4 will work everithing except the ac adapter, it will works like is using battery.
I don't know wich tutorial you have used but the best way to install is using netbook installer (the latest version) and netbookmaker (latest version too).
Fell free to ask!
Greetings from Italy!

larry_ths

larry_ths

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello my friend.

I have some question about how you installed OSX on N310. For the last 2 days I have been trying to install iDeneb or iAtkos but none of them works (maybe cause of the customized installation). Can you give me you resources and the best way to install OSX on my N310?

Thanks.

Larry

limini

limini

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Yes, it works like a charm...

To those who've subbed their wifi card: is that the half-height 1510? I see a few of those on the bay and they also do wireless "n": is that working for you too? Since the original is only 10/100, it might be worth swapping anyways. Thanks.

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Yes, it's the half-height mini-PCI 1510, which does Wifi N...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy