• Please log in to reply
498 replies to this topic

JBraddock

JBraddock

Ph.D (Can) in Human Rights

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
@disarmed, I wonder how you managed to get the spinning wheel appear. As far as I remember, both on Lion DP4 and 10.6.8, OS X gets stuck at PCI Begin but it goes on booting anyway. I suggest you check your files please. Try with the latest files I'd shared and let us know the result. If you come to the conclusion that you were using different or earlier versions of the files then it might help us narrow down the problem. If you are using different files or settings then I'd shared please tell us about it.

If you are having EBIOS Read error, boot with -v. Actually you should boot with -v and let us know the exact message.

hdx18

hdx18

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
On 10.7 GM (Lion).
Chameleon RC5 r1083.
Same files in Extra and E/E. Using LegacyAppleHDA (E/E), AppleHDA (S/L/E) & GenericBrightness (S/L/E).
Added AppleRTL8169.kext (from DP1) to IONetworkingFamiliy.kext to make Ethernet work.
What is not working anymore: Card Reader (VoodooSDHC) & Battery (AppleACPIBatteryManager) and Brightness.
Same problems with the "PCI Begin" error and no spinning wheel.
The rest is fine and working as before (including sleep & wake up).

Any idea about the card reader, the battery and the brightness?

Edit: Brightness actually works! :P

nkrazor

nkrazor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Brightness works on my computer using the files from this post. Battery does not work, haven't tested card reader.

disarmed

disarmed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
ok, just installed Lion GM. I think i forgot to put some files in the E/E folder in my usb installer that's why I got the spinning wheel.

but, I can't get pass thru the setup assistant because of keyboard not detected. I've searched for the info.plist in System/Library/CoreServices/setup assistant.app to modify but when I open the info.plist, it's empty (0kb and nothing in it).

I'll borrow my friend's usb keyboard after work.

hdx18

hdx18

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Brightness works on my computer using the files from this post. Battery does not work, haven't tested card reader.

Which post? Your link doesn't work...
:)

Anyways, brightness actually works. I think the problem was caused by some "kext" manipulations I did when I tried to activate the battery...

nkrazor

nkrazor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sorry, it should work now :P

thanh hoang

thanh hoang

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I add npci=0x2000 and get the spinning wheel appear, U can Try

JBraddock

JBraddock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
I tried adding that key to the kernel flag but it affects the gpu performance. Does it work on Lion?

Mustang Sally

Mustang Sally

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I know this thread is for the hp machines but there is lots of useful info for osx in general but just have to say thanks JBraddock, i used part of the atheros dsdt you posted (my asus had the ARPT entry already)on my asus m50vm which comes with the ar9280 card and it's working perfectly. I also have lion installed on the same drive and it connected for the first time using the original kext as well. no problems with app store on both systems!!

DSDT for the graphics was from this thread too, I just changed the ram size and name to suit the 9600 gs c/w 1024

Thanks again for all your work

m50vm, c2d p9400 2.53mhz, 9600 gs (dsdt injected, graphics enabler didn't work) using voodoohda ver. 2.56 (only working version for my alc663) can't test sleep because it's on my e-sata and needs a usb port for power.

thanh hoang

thanh hoang

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

I tried adding that key to the kernel flag but it affects the gpu performance. Does it work on Lion?

Hi JBraddock, Your's Lion show battery, if battery not work graphics not good. I used kext of 10.6.7, IOPCIfamily.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

disarmed

disarmed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hi JBraddock!

I tried to use the files in your 'Extra' folder but I still got the video playback lag at fullscreen. Btw, I'm currently using Chameleon 2.0 RC5-r1083.

Also, if it's not much of a trouble to you, could you please check my ioregdump & my dsdt.

Thanks!

Attached Files

JBraddock

JBraddock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Hi JBraddock!

I tried to use the files in your 'Extra' folder but I still got the video playback lag at fullscreen. Btw, I'm currently using Chameleon 2.0 RC5-r1083.
Also, if it's not much of a trouble to you, could you please check my ioregdump & my dsdt.

Thanks!

The DSDT file is not identical to the one I'd shared. You don't have C-States and SBUS is not loaded. Please use the one attached. Remove HDEF device if you use VoodooHDA. BTW, please install brightness kext to System/Library/Extensions.

Also, friends, if you are using AppleHDA, please use the following DSDT code, which will remove some of the error messages on Console and provide a faster boot time.
Device (HDEF)            {                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                {                    Store (Package (0x0C)                        {                            "layout-id",                             Buffer (0x04)                            {                                0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                            },                             "MaximumBootBeepVolume",                             Buffer (One)                            {                                0x6B                            },                             "AFGLowPowerState",                             Buffer (0x04)                            {                                0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                            },                             "CodecAddressMask",                             Buffer (One)                            {                                0x01                            },                             "PinConfigurations",                             Buffer (Zero) {},                             "platformFamily",                             Buffer (One)                            {                                0x00                            }                        }, Local0)                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                    Return (Local0)                }            }
I don't know if I shared this before but please also use the attached AppleHDA of 10.6.2. You don't need LegacyHDA or HDAEnabler in Extra folder. Remove them if you are using one. This kext also comes with noise cancellation for internal mic and it works great. You could also use the same combination on Lion as well.
Attached File  JBraddock_DSDT_Final.zip   12.84KB   79 downloads
This DSDT file might include some small fixes. Please compare the one you are using with this one. Bear in mind that this DSDT file includes fixes for GPU, Sound, Brightness and finally Airport. Remove or change them if you don't need or use these fixes.
Attached File  AppleHDA_IDT92HD71B7X.kext.zip   1.3MB   52 downloads
Let this be the final post in this thread and here is the content of my Extra folder.
Attached File  Screen_shot_2011_07_16_at_19.57.07.png   45.25KB   59 downloads
Plus Brightness kext is in System/Library/Extensions and that's it.
Attached File  Fakesmc.kext.zip   32.62KB   26 downloads
Attached File  LegacyHdx18.kext.zip   1.48KB   36 downloads
This kext includes fix for web cam and as far as I remember not everyone has the same web cam. Please check this post and update the kext according to your need.
Attached File  AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext.zip   34.63KB   36 downloads
Attached File  AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.zip   18.94KB   27 downloads
Attached File  VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip   137.84KB   31 downloads
This is smbios.plist:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>	<key>SMbiosdate</key>	<string>06/15/09</string>	<key>SMbiosvendor</key>	<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>	<key>SMbiosversion</key>	<string>MBP55.88Z.00AC.B03.0906151708</string>	<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>	<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>	<key>SMboardversion</key>	<string>Not Specified</string>	<key>SMboardproduct</key>	<string>Mac-F2268AC8</string>	<key>SMexternalclock</key>	<string>266</string>	<key>SMfamily</key>	<string>MacBook Pro</string>	<key>SMserial</key> 	<string>W8923YDH66D</string>	<key>SMmanufacturer</key>	<string>Apple Inc.</string>	<key>SMmaximalclock</key>	<string>2261</string>	<key>SMmemmanufacter</key>	<string>Apple Computer Inc.</string>	<key>SMmemspeed</key>	<string>800</string>	<key>SMmemtype</key>	<string>19</string>	<key>SMproductname</key>	<string>MacBookPro5,5</string>	<key>SMsystemversion</key>	<string>1.0</string></dict></plist>
Boot.plist for AnVaL.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>	<key>Boot Banner</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>Default Partition</key>	<string>hd(0,1)</string>	<key>EHCIacquire</key>	<string>No</string>	<key>EnableC6State</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>FixFSB</key>	<string>No</string>	<key>FixTM</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>ForceHPET</key>	<string>No</string>	<key>GeneratePStates</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>Graphics Mode</key>	<string>1280x1024x32</string>	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>	<string>No</string>	<key>Kernel</key>	<string>/mach_kernel</string>	<key>Kernel Flags</key>	<string></string>	<key>Legacy Logo</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>Rescan</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>Rescan Prompt</key>	<string>No</string>	<key>SMBIOS</key>	<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>	<key>SMBIOSdefaults</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>Scan Single Drive</key>	<string>No</string>	<key>SystemType</key>	<string>2</string>	<key>Theme</key>	<string>SnowKitty</string>	<key>Timeout</key>	<string>2</string>	<key>USBBusFix</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>UpdateACPI</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>UseMemDetect</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>Wait</key>	<string>No</string>	<key>Wake</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>minVolt</key>	<string>850</string>	<key>oemAPIC</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>oemASFT</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>oemDMAR</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>oemHPET</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>oemMCFG</key>	<string>Yes</string></dict></plist>

Please go on discussing Snow Leopard in this thread. We now have a new topic for Lion. Please do not post now as I need to preserve some space for the future. Thank you guys :D

disarmed

disarmed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Thanks a lot JBraddock!

I'll those later.

DJ HORA

DJ HORA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi, JBraddock!

First of all, thanks for all the effort u putted on make hdx users having a excelent experience!!

I tried almost all methods on the topic to make my HDMI audio work but i can`t make i work on osx, and on windows i can.

I`ve a HDX18-1023CA.
Can u give some hints on how to get it working?

THX!!!

JBraddock

JBraddock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Hi, JBraddock!

First of all, thanks for all the effort u putted on make hdx users having a excelent experience!!

I tried almost all methods on the topic to make my HDMI audio work but i can`t make i work on osx, and on windows i can.

I`ve a HDX18-1023CA.
Can u give some hints on how to get it working?

THX!!!

I described here. Also this is important for our chipset.

Make sure that you follow the new Lion topic as I'll start sharing new information soon.

PlutoDelic

PlutoDelic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
any chance you can share the modded F.34 somehow, i need to get rid of the whitelist stuff.

EDIT: i got lucky on finding this piece, in case anyone needs it, im a PM away.

deadreaper

deadreaper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
hey Can you please post a guide on DSDT - how to do it , and what the diffrent terms mean

chispavc

chispavc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hola, despues de leer varios post, la verdad es que no me queda claro si es posible instalar lion 10.7 en HDX18 1380ES y los pasos a seguir si es posible esto, ya que desconozco totalmente el proceso para llevar a cabo esta instalacion.

Les dejo especificaciones:

Multi CPU
CPU #1 Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz, 2527 MHz
CPU #2 Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz, 2527 MHz
Product Information h**p://www.intel.com/products/processor

North Bridge Intel Cantiga PM45

South Bridge Intel 82801IM ICH9M

BIOS Version F.34 (modeada a slic 2.1)

Memory Speed DDR3-1066 (533 MHz) (4GB ampliable a 8)

Gracias.

AnMaN

AnMaN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

any chance you can share the modded F.34 somehow, i need to get rid of the whitelist stuff.

guide post 33

winhex > hexreplace 26560CF3DD470675 > 26560CF3DD4706EB no lock white list pci-e :)

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy