[GUIDE]: The MacBookPro18 Project

valv

499 posts in this topic

My configuration is:

HD1: no partition, formatted in osx journaled, i use it for SL

HD2: no partition, formatted in osx journaled, i will use it for Windows

Should i try PCEfi?

I doubt it would make any difference.

Remove the lines I mentioned and try again. I have no idea what else might be the problem.

I doubt it would make any difference.

Remove the lines I mentioned and try again. I have no idea what else might be the problem.

Tried this way:

install again

install chameleon

run DSDT patcher

run KextHelper b7 to install audio kext

put your extra folder

IT FUNCTIONS. ALL RIGHT AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Now i should install your DSDT right? Using DSDTSE? To finally solve the problem of sleep/wake?

Got no QE/CI.

EDIT: I made a mess. I tried to substitute dsdt in extra folder and in root. It gives me kernel panic also in -s mode and ion each other boot type. Must reinstall

PS. I should have read somewhere that your mute didn't work. Mine does. I used a modified Voodoo kext that Rals gave me long ago. It makes some noise when i shut down the pc, but the volume slide and mute works well.

All right, i done another successfull installation.

Now i must solve the problems with the graphic card and generally with the dsdt. I moved your extra folder in the root of OSX, but nothing seemed to happen.

1) I haven't touched the "boot" file. May i have to put yours instead of mine? Mine is not "invisible": see the photo

fotozp.th.jpg

2) What i have to do with the DSDT to let it work? When i moved it, it gave me KP so i need some step-by-step guide not to make a mess. Thanks.

All right, i done another successfull installation.

Now i must solve the problems with the graphic card and generally with the dsdt. I moved your extra folder in the root of OSX, but nothing seemed to happen.

1) I haven't touched the "boot" file. May i have to put yours instead of mine? Mine is not "invisible": see the photo

fotozp.th.jpg

2) What i have to do with the DSDT to let it work? When i moved it, it gave me KP so i need some step-by-step guide not to make a mess. Thanks.

- Replace boot file with mine. But you don't have to. I used AnVaL to get proper steep step. If you want to go on using Chameleon RC5, follow these steps.

- Put DSDT that I shared to Extra folder. Remove the one in the root.

- In your extra folder, you should have the followings:

post-562417-1308230882_thumb.png

- Repair permissions and then you'll also have extensions.mkext.

DSDT in root erased.

Extra folder is yours, as in the picture.

Must i repair the permission before restarting?

Yes. Whenever you make a change in kext files in your system, whether it is in Extra folder or System/Library/Extensions, you must repair permissions.

Yes. Whenever you make a change in kext files in your system, whether it is in Extra folder or System/Library/Extensions, you must repair permissions.

Always selecting also the rebuilt of mkext and cache?

Try DSDT file first.

Permissions repaired and reebooted. It took a long time, but Extension.mkext was created. But it gave me KP

In -s mode it says:

fotomqd.th.jpg

The last line that comes out of the photo (after "No HPET available") says:

"CPU(s) configuered incorrectly\n”@/Source Cache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUP" [and then continues the following line]

In -v it's the same.

In -x mode, the bar reaches 1/3, then got KP.

1) The "dsdt.aml" file i took was from the package of files you have shared in the post "Work in progress". Is that right?

2) For the graphics, may i use Lizard?

3) There's something i can do to make it start again or i must reinstall again?

In -s mode it says:

fotomqd.th.jpg

The last line that comes out of the photo (after "No HPET available") says:

"CPU(s) configuered incorrectly\n”@/Source Cache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUP" [and then continues the following line]

It is the first time I have seen that error on HDX machines. I have at least five people using the files I'd shared. I don't know what the problem is. Did you modify the CPU speed in smbios.plist?

<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
<string>2527</string>

Can you also try with AnVAL?

I didn't modified a thing, just used that files. Do i need to modify smbios.plist with that code?

Can you relink me the filas? Maybe i've done something wrong (i don't think so, but...)

I could try with anval if i could only let the machine starts ;-). There's a way or i must reinstall?

I didn't modified a thing, just used that files. Do i need to modify smbios.plist with that code?

I could try with anval if i could only let the machine starts ;-). There's a way or i must reinstall?

Can you please pay more attention to the instructions in that posts? It is all written there. You must change that.

You should be able to boot with that cd you were using.

Can you please pay more attention to the instructions in that posts? It is all written there. You must change that.

You should be able to boot with that cd you were using.

So sorry :-(. I'll give a try now. I did not understood that i had to follow the instructions in the "work in progress" post. Sorry again. Now I try.

So sorry :-(. I'll give a try now. I did not understood that i had to follow the instructions in the "work in progress" post. Sorry again. Now I try.

Try to follow those steps. Make sure you don't have any other kexts in your Extra or System/Library/Extensions other than the ones mentioned in that post. Use my DSDT, boot.plist, smbios.plist and AnVaL.

Lets see what happens.

In that post you said:

Under your System/Library/Extensions, you should have the followings.

- AppleHDA.kext or VoodooHDA depending on your choice.

- GenericBrightness.kext

* Please note that in order to use AppleHDA, you also need HDEF patch in your DSDT file. Please see below for this fix.

All right. But in System/Library/Extensions i have 240 kext. So I must delete all, right?

I keep on following those instructions.

In that post you said:

All right. But in System/Library/Extensions i have 240 kext. So I must delete all, right?

I keep on following those instructions.

No. Do not delete those kexts! I only meant the kexts I shared.

Install only AppleHDA.kext or VoodooHDA and GenericBrightness.kext to System/Library/Extensions.

Other kexts must be installed to Extra folder.

No way I can let it work.

I've got three questions and two suggestions, please tell me what do you think:

1) After the installing of Chameleon, AnVal cannot be' installed in the way the post explains, saying it "cannot find boot0hfs" and something else like that. Must install AnVal manually and then write the lines in terminal?

2) There's a thing that i didn't understand. AnVal requires a Chameleon installation (either with Chameleon.pkg or Chameleon Wizard)?

3) Installing Snow Leopard without clicking on "personalize" at the beginning of the retail installation give me full QE/CI. Maybe i could try to install in that way, than try to solve problems to sleep-wake lately?

1) You said I must have only your files in Extra folder. But when i repair permissions, it creates Extensions.mkext. What i have to do with it? Delete, move, or don't touch before restart?

2) The kernel panics yesterday evening was again dued to the CPU. There's something wrong with that. I changed the values in the plist to 2527 and 2530. Nothing changes. What i have to do?

This morning i'm trying all modes and then let you know what I discover.

_____

All right, here i am. The problem is always:

"NO HPET available. CPU configuered incorrecly"

I've found out these 3ds, I try to see if I can solve in those ways:

Solutions

I think that the problem is the dsdt. Without the DSDT, the system gives no KP, but with, it crashes. Something wrong in the DSDT with the CPU?

Maybe i can try to fix with HPET fix in DSDTSE?

No way I can let it work.

I've got three questions and two suggestions, please tell me what do you think:

1) After the installing of Chameleon, AnVal cannot be' installed in the way the post explains, saying it "cannot find boot0hfs" and something else like that. Must install AnVal manually and then write the lines in terminal?

2) There's a thing that i didn't understand. AnVal requires a Chameleon installation (either with Chameleon.pkg or Chameleon Wizard)?

Apparently, the latest versions of chameleon have some differences that cause problem with AnVaL. Basically, copy and paste is not working anymore. You either try to install manually or give this installer a try. I used this before so it should be ok.

3) Installing Snow Leopard without clicking on "personalize" at the beginning of the retail installation give me full QE/CI. Maybe i could try to install in that way, than try to solve problems to sleep-wake lately?

I am not really following you. Are you not installing from a retail dvd?

1) You said I must have only your files in Extra folder. But when i repair permissions, it creates Extensions.mkext. What i have to do with it? Delete, move, or don't touch before restart?

No. Just leave it as it is.

2) The kernel panics yesterday evening was again dued to the CPU. There's something wrong with that. I changed the values in the plist to 2527 and 2530. Nothing changes. What i have to do?

Try to install AnVaL. If that doesn't fix the problem then I really don't know what it is. What you can do is to take a vanilla DSDT file and apply all the patches manually, which were shared in this topic. That way you could have an idea what the problem is.

Your CPU is a Core 2 Duo, right? As I said, I have over five people who tested the files I'd shared. May be there is something different in your machine.

Try to install AnVaL. If that doesn't fix the problem then I really don't know what it is. What you can do is to take a vanilla DSDT file and apply all the patches manually, which were shared in this topic. That way you could have an idea what the problem is.

All right, but i need to know if to install anval i neeed chameleon or i must not install it.

I don't know how to install it, the instructions in the AnVal post, as i said, give me problems. AnVal must be installed as chameleon?

2) If i do the manual way, i need to be sure there's a DSDT fixes for sleep/wake

All right, but i need to know if to install anval i neeed chameleon or i must not install it.

I don't know how to install it, the instructions in the AnVal post, as i said, give me problems. AnVal must be installed as chameleon?

...[give] this installer a try. I used this before so it should be ok.

Tried, but again KP:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0ffffff7f8065ee665): "No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly\n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-90/pmThread.c:148
  Debugger called:<panic>
  Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame: Return Address
  0xffffff805823be50 : 0xffffff8000204ae6
  0xffffff805823bf50 : 0xffffff7f8065e665
   0xffffff805823bfa50 : 0xffffff80002c3eb7
  Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):
  com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (90.0.0)

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kerel_task

Mac OS version:
10A432

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 10.0.0: Fri Jul 31 22:46:25 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1456.1.25-1/RELEASE_X86_64

System uptime in nanoseconds: 20422235436

And on this way, if you need the complete panic in verbose mode or something else tell me.

____

I attached my Extra folder:

Extra.zip

Tried, but again KP:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0ffffff7f8065ee665): "No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly\n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-90/pmThread.c:148
 Debugger called:<panic>
 Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame: Return Address
 0xffffff805823be50 : 0xffffff8000204ae6
 0xffffff805823bf50 : 0xffffff7f8065e665
  0xffffff805823bfa50 : 0xffffff80002c3eb7
 Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):
 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (90.0.0)

Ok. Let's do this way.

- Install Chameleon RC5. Don't use AnVaL.

- Make these changes to boot.plist

- Use a DSDT file that works for you. Put DSDT.aml to Extra folder. Don't use mine.

- If it works. Upload the DSDT file you are using so I could check what the difference is.