10.4.7 USB 2.0 **FIXED**

97 posts in this topic

thanks for information,..

i've download from the source which have been posted.

i downloaded,..and..

once i installed and reboot , it is not worked....it makes me more curious..

then ..

i installed again and again..

finally..i move to another usb port...

and it works...

I have to ask! Which port? :thumbsdown_anim:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Halo,

I have a MSI K8T800 chipset motherbord with build in USB, AMD +3200 Athlon cpu. I have problems with it. I´m working under JaS.10.4.8.AMD.INTEL.SSE2.SSE3.

The problem is that he recognized the USB ports but when i plug a USB device in, that all the USB ports stop.

Like a USB stick 128MB formatted in FAT 32, plug it in and the USB ports stop. Another device like my digital camera keeps on working. Mine Epson DX6000 printer with the installed drivers does also stop the USB ports. I installe severall .kext filles without result.

But is this possible?

Can i buy an PCI card whith USB ports on it and wich one is working realy good, one without problems?

I am now using 10.4.8 and it made the operation of my Matsumi FA404 multi 7 in 1 card reader more difficult to use on the products home page it is USB2.0 compatable with no drivers required for mac OS 8.x and above

However the only way I can get this to work is Disable USB2.0 in bios and set legacy support to auto if I enable usb2.0 support mac will still reconise this device (under usb2.0) but not any cards that are plugged in which is quite anoying as I can only transfer data a 1/40 of the normal speed has any one else got theirs to work properly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bugs: I know many of us appreciate your post, but can you please elaborate on what this file will do for those of us experiencing this dreaded USB issue. I'm all for trial-and-error, but I like to understand what I'm getting myself into. Thanks for all your help on this and other matters. You rock.

Bugs: I know many of us appreciate your post, but can you please elaborate on what this file will do for those of us experiencing this dreaded USB issue. I'm all for trial-and-error, but I like to understand what I'm getting myself into. Thanks for all your help on this and other matters. You rock.

Duh... Nevermind... I clicked and realized you weren't linking to a file, but a very thorough explanation of the issue... My apologies. Thanks...

Duh... Nevermind... I clicked and realized you weren't linking to a file, but a very thorough explanation of the issue... My apologies. Thanks...

So, after reading the thread you posted, and skimming the "readme" accompanying your installer, I have a quick question:

You state in the readme that this installer "Fixes on x86 based systems: 'EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS' on restart/reset of system." But, that's not exactly the problem myself and others have described in this thread. Do your installers fix more than just what you've stated here?

My problem: USB keyboards, mice, printers all work perfectly. My only issue is that occassionally when I plug in a USB (2.0) storage drive or thumb drive, it's not recognized--and doesn't show up on the desktop. What sometimes happens also is that my system freezes while transferring large amounts of data between the internal HD and the USB storage drive. I'm sorry for being such a pain about this, but I want to be clear about the solution.

Edited by iji oh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a Mac n00b, and I'm having troubles with my USB. I downloaded and installed the USB Drivers from the Apple site (I'm running the JaS 10.4.8 Combo on an Intel processor SSE3), and at first things looked fine. Only reason for that is, I had many USB items already plugged in. My problem comes from this: When I unplug/reconnect/connect something while OS X is running, the USB doesn't update (within the system profiler). So the only way I can get anything to recognize is plugging everything in before it boots. This could get bothersome, as I wouldn't be abt to plug in and out my camera, I'd have to plug it in before I boot. I'm afraid to ruin anything and have to reload OS X, or something worse and crash everything, so any help would be appriciated.

*EDIT* Tried the kext that UnstableConnection posted, and USB stopped working completely. Guess I'll try disabling Legacy.

*Update* Can't disable Legacy. I went back to the debug drivers, so I'm back at square one :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi bugsbunny,

i have a question,

i am running 10.4.8,updated to 10.4.9,wuth the latest netkas kernel,released two weeks ago.

have gotten most everything pretty well working,except wifi, and fan speed,

but when i plug in a card reader to my toshiba satellite,a135-s4427, it sees the reader no probs but when i try to transfer files from a card it will transfer about 20 mb, and then the system just freezez ?

i have built in card readers aswell but they are not even recognised by osx , and cant frin a fix for that anywhere,

but would like to be able to transfer files via usb, as all my itunes are on an ext hd ?

would either of your installers help with this issue ??

many thanks for any help you can give

I just did a discovery that most people here probably know about but just in case you dont ;) There has been a theory that some sort of bios controll mechanism of the USB controller has prevented the USB kext to take control of USB 2.0 devices, this doesnt appear to be the case from what I can see. When I delete IOUSBMasstorage.kext (and boots up without it existing) the USB 2.0 device shows up nicely under USBEHCI device, then I make tests by unplugging it and then plugging it back and the devices dissapears, comes back, dissapears etc. So it seems that the USB controller works flawlessly and that there is no issue at all with the kext for it (I run the apple developer update and have 10.4.9 with latest kernel).

When putting back IOUSBMasstorage.kext the problem comes back with releasing the USB device, when plugged in it sometimes appears and then doesnt go away when unplugged or it simply doesnt appear.

From my little research it seems to me that IOUSBMasstorage doesnt work but IOUSBFamliy does great. I have a K8T800 Pro msi mobo by the way.

Im tired so if this been up before or my post is inconsistant then you know why.

• 1 month later...

I have some msi mobo with viacrap aswell and USB 2.0 doesn't work here either, I "solved" it by removing the ehcidir completely..

With your solution does the memory card reader or whatever work? What about other usb 2.0 items such as scanner?

I Havent tried any other usb 2.0 than usb mass storage devices, I dont know really how other devices work.

If leopard ends up working fine on amd machines im going to buy an usb controller with another chipset on ;)

I think im going to do the same as you and remove the ehci kext, atleast it will work.

• 4 weeks later...

hi im new here and i need help figuring this out. I have an ECS RS485 AM2 motherboard with the ATI southbridge 460 and it is the same as the xb450 the only difference is the 460 has onboard video.

anyway the usb works in my mac osx but the it is not full speed it runs a usb 1.0 speeds (12 mbits per sec.) even with legacy usb disabled in my bios. I was wondering if i have to change the vendor id and product id (e.g. 0x41871002) since they are intel id's to my usb vendor and product id's in the iousbfamily.kext. I would appreciate it if i got a fast reply because this is my only problem in osx

• 1 month later...

I have uphuck 10.4.9 1.3 installed.

So far everything works wonderfully except for 1. frontrow (probably because of my 16mb on-board graphics), 2. DVD Player won't play DVD's from my LG external DVD Writer and 3. hi-speed usb..

If i select full-speed, all my usb devices (bluetooth, external dvd, usb thumbdrive, microsd adapter) are recognized and operate properly. However, if i select hi-speed in bios, nothing is recognized.

According to my knowledge, hi speed is 480mbps, and full speed is only 12mbps.

Does anyone know how I can unlock the extra mbps?

It bothers me that 480mbps is 40 times faster 12mbps.

I know that mouses and keyboards use 12mbps max, but i'd like my usb drives and external dvd drive to work a little faster.

• 2 weeks later...

I use uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3, and I always have to unplug my mouse+keyboard wireless USB receiver. I also have to unplug and plug the wireless network adaptor, both things from the USB ports; otherwise, the operating system doesn't know they're there.

How can I solve this issue? I've been looking for a post regarding this subject without luck.

• 2 weeks later...

hello, this is my first post here, and i need some help :D

my motherboard is ASUS P4V8X-X, and I've already use MacOS X JaS 10.4.8, everything work fine. but i have a problem with the USB

when i dmesg my system, here is the result

Diajeng:~ root# dmesg |grep USB
kld_load_from_memory() failed for module com.apple.driver.AppleUSBUHCI
\^[[33mFailed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleUSBUHCI.
\^[[0mCouldn't alloc class "AppleUSBUHCI"

and my USB port still not working,

any ideas? many thanks

ow, i almost forget, i've already use .kext from this forum and also disable legacy support for the usb.

I have a similar problem with the USB ports. They are running as USB 1.1 and my ipod is not detected by the OS. Microsoft usb mouse works but sometimes i have to plug it out and then back in to get it functioning.

I've read the whole topic but i'm running 10.4.10 and until now there's no working solution. I've tried using the files provided in this topic but it's no use.

dmesg output below ( ASUS A8V-E Deluxe with via k8t800 pro and AMD64 3000+ venice core)

dmesg |grep USB
USBF:   48.184  EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS
USBF:   48.186  AppleUSBEHCI[0x457b000]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be
USBF:   48.189  AppleUSBEHCI[0x457b000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)
USBF:   48.194  AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM
USB1: family specific matching fails
USB2: family specific matching fails
USB3: family specific matching fails
USB1: family specific matching fails
USB2: family specific matching fails
USB3: family specific matching fails

Except for this I am very happy with my hack-mac.

• 2 months later...