10.4.7 USB 2.0 **FIXED**

97 posts in this topic

I'm trying to determine whether my USB problems are the same ones people in this discussion are having. Here goes:

I've did a clean install of 10.4.7, two weeks ago using JAS's repack. It worked almost flawlessly, and with a couple of tweaks my system is running smoothly. As far as USB is concerned, my Microsoft Comfort Curve keyboard, and my Logitech mouse have worked from the beginning. My Espon printer works perfectly with no issues. What's strange is that my 1 gig Memorex thumb drive and my 10 gig usb storage device are recognized by System Profiler, but almost never show up on the desktop. When they do appear on the desktop, I can't copy files to the drives because they enter beachball mode as soon as I try drag a file to them.

What's really weird is that these drives were working perfectly for the first few days after I installed 10.4.7. (And, yes, of course they both work fine with other Macs and other PCs--and Linux boxes.)

So, I'm confused. Will the drivers mentioned in this thread work for me, or am I experiencing something more serious?

Again, everything on my rig is working exceptionally well, so I'm reluctant to screw it all up. But it sucks to be without a quick way to transfer and backup files.

Thanks in advance for the help...

by the way, I have a Medion M3 Composer, Pentium 4 - 3.2ghz, 2 gigs PC3200 RAM, MSI motherboard, ATI Radeon x300se...

One more piece of vital info:

There's no option in my bios to "disable legacy USB support". My particular bios version gives either a choice for 1.1 or 2.0 with automatic 1.1 recognition...

Thanks again...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I had USB working. There were both normal and high speed USB's in system Profiler. anyway I have updated it (downloaded IOUSBFamily-261.4.2(Intel)-log.dmg from apple site as I use 10.4.8, tried both packages: with and without logger, anyway when I tried the one with ogger I could see it in my applications folder) and all my USB interfaces just disappeard from system Profiler and it's not working.

any ideas how to back to previous configuration?

when it was working fine I had something like this in a log:

Oct 14 13:14:04 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 43.407 AppleUSBOHCI[0x2618000]::start OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

Oct 14 13:14:04 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 43.409 AppleUSBOHCI[0x25c7000]::start OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

now I have this:

Oct 26 23:27:28 localhost kernel[0]: can't determine immediate dependencies for extension com.apple.driver.AppleUSBOHCI

Oct 26 23:27:28 localhost kernel[0]: Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.driver.AppleUSBOHCI.

Oct 26 23:27:28 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "AppleUSBOHCI"

Oct 26 23:27:28 localhost kernel[0]: can't determine immediate dependencies for extension com.apple.driver.AppleUSBOHCI

Oct 26 23:27:28 localhost kernel[0]: Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.driver.AppleUSBOHCI.

Oct 26 23:27:28 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "AppleUSBOHCI"

Oct 26 23:27:28 localhost kernel[0]: can't determine immediate dependencies for extension com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI

Oct 26 23:27:28 localhost kernel[0]: Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI.

Oct 26 23:27:28 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "AppleUSBEHCI"

thanks

sorry. I forgot to mention it is an AMD SSE3 PC with nForce3 250 chipset.

Unstable Connection, thanks for your kext. Like Condone This, I have a 10.4.8 version and updated to the 10.4.8 version for the USB package but in the process rendered my USB and bluetooth not working at all. With your kext I was able to get both back PLUS USB 2.0 speed...THANKS! But I still cannot get my webcam to work, still have the same ol' "USB Communication Problem."

Thank you Unstable Connection.

After weeks of trying to find a solution to no USB, it finally works with your kext mod.

Thank you. Thank you, very much. !! java script:emoticon(';)',%20'smid_12')

Now, If I could get Final Cut Express 2.0.3 stable and capture w/firewire, stereo sound and

consitent SATA recognition my system would be complete.

Onward through the fog.

After replacing my kext with Unstable Connection kext nothing worked. All usb devices are not recognized... My touchpad didn't want to work too((( And now after system loads it shows an error message wich says that this kext was installed incorrectly... Help! I use JaS 10.4.7 with Intel SSE2 patch.

Could anyone post here their kext successfully working in 10.4.7 please!

After i run an installer of official Apple drivers nothing changes... It's very strange... I have only USB 2.0 working. Devices under 480MBps are not recognized at all(((. When i connect a USB 1.1 device dmesg shows me:

USBF: 3990.265 AppleUSBOHCI[0x1b19800]::Found a transaction which hasn't moved in 5 seconds on bus 67, timing out!

What does it mean?

Maybe i could try anyone 10.4.7 kext...

I'm stuck damn. I never checked usb speeds before and after reading this article i checked and it was max 12 so TO slow.

I went to the usb support site listed on page1 and downloaded the 10.4.8 usb inter driver update and did the install without the log.

install went well, restarted, and NO USB devices can't do anything with mouse and keyboard. How to fix this. I saw Unstable Connection had a kext to apply but how can i do that if no usb device is working.

I run MACosX natively and have a bootmanager with Win XP what i work of now PLEASE can anyone help me i miss my OSX

You mean normally HD is FAT32 partition? I didn't worked in terminal with Mac OS X, but i worked with FreeBSD. As far as i know disknames in these OS's are similar. First of all you need to know your FAT32 partition name in BSD and your root partition HFS+ (for example disk0s2 etc.) then you need to create a directory (for example FAT32)

mkdir /Volumes/FAT32

mount /dev/disk0s2 /Volumes/FAT32 (mount your FAT32 partition)

and then you can navigate through it with "cd" command entering directories names and list them using "ls" command

Then you need to copy your kext using "cp -R" command to /System/Library/Extension directory.

P.S. Once more. I repeat that i don't exactly know how to mount FAT32 partions manually you should check it yourself. In FreeBSD: "mount -t msdos /dev/ad0s2 /mnt/fat"

These commands are such as in FreeBSD

Hi,

i cannot install logitechs lcc211.dmg files, when I want to use mouse and keyboard after reboot. When I deinstall the logitech control center everything works fine, but I do not have any key feature that came will the lcc. Does anybody know a fix for my cordless desktop from logitech? I already installed the last IOUSBFamily.kext for 10.4.8, but i did not have any effects. :) This Issue seem to exist in the real PRoMac world, too. A reinstallation of the lcc211.dmg after the IOUSBFamily.kext patch from Apple has the same effect.

Hi all, n00b here! First time posting so go easy, m'kay?

When the Hackintosh was first built in the spring, running OS/X 10.4.5 all worked awesomely. Then upgraded to 10.4.7 and now 10.4.8, although not the latest JaS, which I'm currently acquiring :(

Since the latest "upgrade" I've had nothing but problems with USB, intermittent failures, mainly. No biggie, just unplug and plug, right? That worked for a while, but now, although my devices are all seen in the System Profiler, some of them just don't work. I've tried different ports, using a hub, not using a hub, etc and am just about to run this USBFamily 261.4.2 thing, but am a little nervous about it, as I wouldn't know the first thing about how to disable or go back to a working system, if this thing borks my ports completely.

Logitech KB and mouse all work fine. Bluetooth USB adapter works fine. Sansa mp3 player works fine. Canoscan scanner works fine. HP Deskjet printer works fine. Logitech webcam works fine.

What occasionally doesn't work is the KB. Yes, I've got lcc20 installed.

What totally doesn't work any more is the Kodak DX6490 camera. I stick it on the base, click the button, and nothing. It used to open iPhoto and had a dialogue box for importing pictures. Now there's nothing at all. Direct USB to camera also doesn't work. The camera is seen in the SysProfiler, but just doesn't work.

If I take the SD card out of the camera, and stick it into the card reader, it works.

Also, Logitech 350 USB headphones do NOT work. They're also seen in the Profiler, but don't appear on the "audio out" pane in System Preferences. They don't show in the MIDI directory either.

If I boot into Windows XPpro SP2 on a different HD (done thru BIOS, not parallels or bootcamp) the headphones and camera work fine.

Picture5.png

System Specs:

-P4 630 HT, 3G

-ASUS P5GD1-VM

-Maxtor 250G SATA (OS/X)

-Maxtor 250G PATA (XPproSP2)

-Seagate 320G SATA II

-OCZ 4@512 DDR 400 2-2-2-5

-Lite-On DVDrw SOHW

USB Legacy is disabled in BIOS settings, too.

Sorry for such a long post, and if this is in the wrong thread; I found this thread after doing a forum search, and decided to tack my problems on, rather than starting a new thread and getting linked to this one in the replies :pirate2:

skwij/aka luvfishies

Stupid me, I went ahead with the install of USBFamily, and now the ports don't work at all. I can't even load my original disc to troubleshoot, as no input devices work.

Damn.

Time to reinstall 10.4.5 on the spare drive, and start over again :idea:

EDIT: Well blah, that hasn't worked at all, options/tools/utils are greyed out on my install DVD.

Restarting after the install gives a hanging, never ending spinning disc (not the pinwheel/beachball) and no loading.

Did I mention how much I'm hating Windoze?

Luciferin, thanks, got it sorted.

I didn't format the drive I was installing to, thus lots of options in the Custom Install weren't available. Totally forgot I had to format the drive BEFORE starting the install.

My "Mac" is back up and running, albeit with an older version (10.4.5) which is fine by me, as the USB ports all worked properly in that version.

As for the spinning disc, it's the grey screen, with the apple on it, that signifies loading. It just never loaded, as it was an incomplete install.

• 4 weeks later...

Transfers from my USB card reader rarely complete unless they are very small. Instead, the copy dialogue box shows that the transfer is frozen. Worse, you can't cancel or force quit the frozen transfer. When you force quit Finder you can't get it to restart and nor can you reboot/shutdown. Removing the SD card or the card reader makes no difference.

The card reader is a SWEEX. If you don't seat the SD card firmly it very occasionally flakes out in XP but we're talking very, very rarely; reseatinmg the card always does the trick, but not on the Hackintosh. I need to update the motherboard's bios but I suspect that isn't the culprit. Any thoughts welcome. :D For that matter, what card readers are known to work with the Asrock or other motherboards?

My system spec is:-

Asrock ConRoe945G-DVI

Conroe Duo 2 processor

Seagate Sata2 hard drive

Pioneer DVD rewriter

Edited by Detosx

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for information,..

i've download from the source which have been posted.

i downloaded,..and..

once i installed and reboot , it is not worked....it makes me more curious..

then ..

i installed again and again..

finally..i move to another usb port...

and it works...

i am so foolish, but it is okay....at least finally it works.

thanks guys....

now..im looking for AC97..to make may 10.4.7 nearly perfect to me...

thank you .......!!!!

anderson

:P