10.4.7 USB 2.0 **FIXED**

97 posts in this topic

For all those people who cant get there USB 2.0 to function higher than 12mb sec.

Heres what you have to do (or at least what i did.)

goto: Apple USB Developers Page Download the latest drivers. I think they say 10.4.7 for Intel when you mount the dmg do not install the log version only install the one that doesnt say log. After they install let it reboot and your good to go.

For me the best way to install this was after I updated to 10.4.7 I think when you go from .6 to .7 the updated breaks the drivers and you have to re-install them again. You can use them in .6 but as i mentioned once you goto .7 you need to re-install.

Oh and by the way this will also fix the problem with USB Keyboards/Mice/Drives not working properly after each reboot.

Another note: I obviously didnt make these drivers but was just lucky enough to find them.

as far as controlling front row from what i can tell it doesnt. Although I cant fully use front row since for some reason the main menu doesnt display its icons with my graphics card. However I am still able to navigate all the menus based on its audio cues using the keyboard without any problem.

Hi,

I've been trying to install MacOS 10.4.6 (HOTiSO) on my PC, which is an MSI K8MM-V with a VIA K8M800 chipset. However, none of the USB devices work in the installer, and I can't use the mouse or the keyboard. Can I get them to work using these drivers? If yes, then how?

Help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Have the same problem, but in my case switching keyboard to another USB port helped. I have in my PC 4 USBs - 2 fron and 2 rear. If I switch keyb front -> front USB - it do not help - I have to switch front -> rear. After it recognised keyboard it works fine until next reboot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This may be a solution for my problem. Pratically the system (mac os x 10.4.6 tiger) doesn't reaches the emi A26 and often when i connect also my mouse usb the system return a too high energy request from the usb hub. May be a sub port problem that 10.4.7 update resolve?

Thanks

Mario

I installed the USB patch soon after I update to 10.4.7. I didn't want to speak too soon on whether or not it fixed my USB mouse problem always loosing connection.

It's been a while now and my USB devices hasen't acted up. It's great not having to unplug and plug the USB mouse every 10min. Now the problem is I lost Front Row. So unless front row is fixed, it wont work after applying the USB update patch.

• 3 weeks later...

Installed the USB patch soon after updating to 10.4.7, however I saw no change. Any USB 2.0 devices are still limited to 12 Mb/s.

System: AOpen Mini PC MP915-X

Intel 915GM chipset

Pentium M 1.6 GHz

Any ideas?

*Edit

Tried using IOUSBFamily.kext from 10.4.3 installation DVD as well - no luck. Still locked at 12 MB/sec

Are USB audio devices affected by this update? I have a Logitech USB Premium Headset 350 which needed "Soundblaster USB Support" during an install from JaS 10.4.6. If I'm not mistaken, "Soundblaster USB Support" installed IOUSBFamily from 10.4.5.

Thanks,

mir...

I have just installed this version but am still having problems with a device

Below is what is displayed on boot

USB High-Speed Bus:

Host Controller Location: Expansion Slot

Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBEHCI

PCI Device ID: 0x3104

PCI Revision ID: 0x0086

PCI Vendor ID: 0x1106

Bus Number: 0x90

Winter Ver1.3:

Version: 0.05

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Ltd

Product ID: 0x0301

Serial Number: 593157583340

Vendor ID: 0x07cc

and if I unplug the device and move it to another USB port

USB Bus:

Host Controller Location: Expansion Slot

Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBUHCI

PCI Device ID: 0x3038

PCI Revision ID: 0x0081

PCI Vendor ID: 0x1106

Bus Number: 0x50

Winter Ver1.3:

Capacity: 243.25 MB

Removable Media: Yes

Detachable Drive: Yes

BSD Name: disk4

Version: 0.05

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Ltd

OS9 Drivers: No

Product ID: 0x0301

Serial Number: 593157583340

S.M.A.R.T. status: Not Supported

Vendor ID: 0x07cc

Volumes:

SANVOL:

Capacity: 243.23 MB

Available: 160.11 MB

Writable: Yes

File System: MS-DOS FAT16

BSD Name: disk4s1

Mount Point: /Volumes/SANVOL

As you can see it is a multicard reader but why do I have to remove the cable then plug it into another port again for it to be reconised also note that when plugged in the second time it is only USB 1.1 not 2.0