A question

4 posts in this topic

1. Members are encouraged to make a guide that details something that they might have found troubling or challenging.

Chances are, if you've seen the same question asked over and over again, you should write a guide for it.

2. This is not the forum for asking questions. If you have a question about a thread that's already here, feel free to ask it.

Just don't start a thread for a specific question. Use the other forums here for that.

3. Posting links to off-site tutorials is not allowed.

4. That's it! Thanks for sharing your information with the rest of us. :)

I can respect these if someone would clear this up

#1:is understood

#2:We can ask questions about threads that are already here, but we can't ask questions about specific things? I thought we couldn't ask questions period? Does that mean we should have a Geinus bar questions thread?

#3:understood

#4:understood

And while I am sure Genius Bar is just a title, the real genius bar is about asking questions. :)

• 4 months later...
#2:We can ask questions about threads that are already here, but we can't ask questions about specific things? I thought we couldn't ask questions period? Does that mean we should have a Geinus bar questions thread?

I don't quite understand what is bothering you.

Topics in the Genius Bar need to be approved by a mod.

Once they are approved, you can ask questions inside that topic regarding that subject.

Example: imagine there is a topic called "[How To] install Snow Leopard on laptop xxzz"

If you have a laptop xxzz and you have a question, you can ask it inside that topic. Of course you can't ask an unrelated question, that is called "being OT".

OTOH you can't start a topic asking a question. That gets immediately deleted. There are many other sections of the forum for asking questions.

I hope this helps.