9 replies to this topic

nhesson

nhesson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hey guys,

Just grabbed a new Alienware M11X from Dell. Its a 15" gaming notebook.

Just hoping to find others that have been successful at installing Mac OS X

mR_bLakK

mR_bLakK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
think your topic should be in another forum. this is the newly added netbook section.

dnyank1

dnyank1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
No, this is an OK area, it is made by dell (alienware) and it has an 11" screen. The OP made a mistake. But yea, i've seen it.

ctn777

ctn777

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I got most of it working, just lacking wifi and the sd card reader.

I ordered a 1510 from ebay, hoping to fix the wifi.

longshot22

longshot22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Is your m11x an R1 or R2? I ordered an R2 and it arrives today. I was wondering what install procedure you used to get to the point your at now. If you could share, maybe we can get everything else working sooner than later. Thanks in advance.

tyoc213

tyoc213

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have hackintosh ed with an aitkos, sound work, ethernet work...

however there are certain problems, after fresh install there is no boot loader (my grub is gone).

So I start from iatkos DVD but then I dont have mouse or keyboard...

So I use a nawcom for load with mouse and keyboard (right now I started this way).

I attach some screenshots for proof of the hackinthoshed m11x, also I attach my mac about detailed info...

Sometimes iatkos or nawcos fail to load the mac os system with crashes in nanoseconds or with waiting for device messages (in iatkos in the chamaleon screen just before the gray apple).

My questions are:

* How do I install the drivers for keyboard?
* How do I install the driver for touchpad and USB external mouse?

Attached Files

byovic

byovic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

I have hackintosh ed with an aitkos, sound work, ethernet work...

however there are certain problems, after fresh install there is no boot loader (my grub is gone).

So I start from iatkos DVD but then I dont have mouse or keyboard...

So I use a nawcom for load with mouse and keyboard (right now I started this way).

I attach some screenshots for proof of the hackinthoshed m11x, also I attach my mac about detailed info...

Sometimes iatkos or nawcos fail to load the mac os system with crashes in nanoseconds or with waiting for device messages (in iatkos in the chamaleon screen just before the gray apple).

My questions are:

* How do I install the drivers for keyboard?
* How do I install the driver for touchpad and USB external mouse?

ps2 drivers will most likely do it.

tyoc213

tyoc213

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

ps2 drivers will most likely do it.

So I put again the iatkos install and only select ps2 drivers?

There is no way to install them directly within this running session? navigating to some place in the DVD and copying somewhere things? (by the way I dont know if is correct to call .kext files drivers or have a special name).

By the way, I don't have sound right now I can play flash videos from youtube (the sound I reported was from a previos install... that has crashed from one day to the other).

******* EDIT ******

By the way, apart from sound, integrated web cam doesnt work.

Is there a tutorial I can follow in installing and searching for correct drivers (in general I mean)?

tyoc213

tyoc213

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My experience installing it with iatkos, then running it with nawcos follows.

I think after installing at less 2 times for this last 4 days, I can say that is unstable to hackintosh at less with aitkos (which sometimes detect the mouse on installation, but the trackpad or USB mouses are unusable after first restart, also the bootloader never worked not even 1 time) and later running it via nawcos for get trackpad and mouse support and keyboard support... Running with nawcos is somewhat of lucky thing, you can crash in nanoseconds or you can have a nice usable system.

later on usage... ok it has freeze sometimes doing simple things like listening to music while chating, while learning some xcode things.

Sometimes the system will not start in next startup even if you shut it down correctly... and most times if you shut it down by force while it is freeze (like happened some times) will not go "back to life", printing kernel panics and so on at startup.

I will like to ear what was yours experience with this system, and if it is enoght stable for yourself (at much I will reinstall it 1 time each week, not 2 to 4 times in a day)... perhaps Im not lucky enough.

Surfi

Surfi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

I have m11x r2 and after intalling SL with iatkos s3 and getting into the OS... the trackpad and the usb mouse do not work. Just in a few cases the USB ports worked and I could use the mouse, but after rebooting it did not work again.
So I dont know what to do. Any one can help me?

Another thing I wanted to ask... what is the nawcos? how do you use that?
I hope I can make the USB ports and keyboard work with that...

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy