iMac i7: Is it Limited to Apple and Boot Camp Drivers In Terms of Update Frequency?

1 post in this topic

Hi. It could be designed to be significantly lighter next time but I love this Mac (Crysis is alright even if it's in a resolution in between full and too low a resolution. The installer disks are scratched before they were used as well as the mouse but it's minor- it couldn't have been caused by the iMac itself. No need to return and wait for weeks or more. It's and easy fix. They need to change or talk to their media recorders and Magic Mouse handlers. It's great for high resolution videos and photos cause of it's ppi. It's definitely not just about the size but the size of the pixels. It's sharper than a Bravia LCD TV which has larger pixels) but it seems Apple's iMac i7 parts are exclusively built for Apple. Although the brand and model (sound chip for example) are listed in Windows 7 64-bit if you search for it, it's nowhere to be found.

I installed the ATI 4850 driver but that didn't update it even if I manually selected it from the Device Driver. Does it mean we're limited to when Apple will update the Windows 7 drivers in Boot Camp (the 4850 for example is dated last year)? I use 2.1 speaker (will get a 5.1 adapter one of these days) setup because it's easy to damage the built-in speakers if you're a power user but it does have the headphone CPU usage bug that causes it not to go to screensaver and into sleep mode which is important in an energy crisis (having the best LED LCD could make up for that but it it can have both), the mouse bug where you have to click to activate the wireless Magic mouse and the volume controls not working in some instances.

Thanks in advance.

Gbu,

Alvin