Any Idea with Geforce G210M

seahawkwest

32 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
didnt help either ,now im stuck on a Unknow Nvida Card without Full QE , CL Great! :)

Hi everybody again.

OGR:

I hope that you have some kind of luck that me.

Amazing Lemur:

I have already installed iatkos S3 on my Asus laptop with luck and choose chameleon RC5 option with the installation to get compatibility with Geforce G210M.

But on the snow leopard desktop i haven't activated the graphic card and no native resolution.

Where is the DSDT.aml archive ? to put graphics enabler = yes

because I do not find it

Do you have any manual to configure DSDT.aml ?

I have another 2 problems:

audio: realtek alc 269 --> I am in it

wifi: atheros ar9285. without solution. Only buying a compatible wifi pendrive.

At least I have Snow Leopard running on my Asus now :)

Thanks for the help

Regards Seahawk

You don't put graphicsenabler=yes in DSDT.aml

When you boot, you put it in the command options

for example:

-v GraphicsEnabler=y

Ohh ... ok I understand it's on the boot.

Yesterday i was looking for the dsdt.aml on the computer and nothing :D

It will try today.

On Uphuck forum they said to me that I was trying with the different versions of Nvidia on iatkos s3 distro to activate g210m. :D

Thanks

• 1 month later...
The problem is that we can either use AHCI Mode or the nVidia G210M because you have to set the IDE mode to Compatible. One solution is to install to an external hard drive. For example, I have a 160 GB external hard drive that has 4 partitions: 1 10 GB partition for my Snow Leopard Installer, 1 40 GB partition for a Leopard install, 1 40 GB partition for a Snow Leopard install and a 70 GB partition for storing data (so that both Snow Leopard and Leopard can access them). This works well for me because if I mess up something, I can plug it into my Lenovo S10 Netbook (which runs Snow Leopard perfectly) and fix it.

Another solution is to add some kext's to the Snow Leopard Installation. Since you sound like you want to install to the hard drive, I will describe that process.

OK I went for my first try tonight... With the BIOS set to compatible, my USB key with 10.6.3 ready on it (latest retail) boots flawlessly and gives me the install menu with visible nVidia acceleration. But I can only install to the USB key where the installer is located. No hard drive possible, not even crossed out...

What kext in the Kakewalk install is supposed to give me IDE compatibility? Can it be because I am not using an iAtkos install?

I switched it back to Enhanced now; pretty graphics are gone (thanks intel) but I can install on the hard drive... If find a way to make the HD visible in IDE mode, that will be one less step... either way I'll try tomorrow; thanks to anyone who's got a solution.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive such an old post, but is this saying that if I don't mind booting OS X from an external flash drive or HD, then this work for me? I wonder if this works with Lion too. Since sleep doesn't work, with Lion I can usually restart my computer with all my apps already open, which is why I want sleep to work so much.