boot for Radeon HD 4xxx DVI out only / only for 10.6.3

JaS

56 posts in this topic

I've got an Ati HD 4600 and a Snow Leopard 10.6.6.

What could I do to make it work? I just have the 1024x768 resolution and the graphic card is not recognized at all.

Any advice?

Upgrade to 10.6.8 it may work out the box with out any injectors or enabler like my does now ;)

So, I just have to update to 10.6.8 and it should work fine without any kext or other customization, right?

well I can't say for sure but I know Mine does Mine is A His HD4670 Iceq 1GB Card.. whats yours

well I can't say for sure but I know Mine does Mine is A His HD4670 Iceq 1GB Card.. whats yours

Mine is a Radeon HD 4650 1GB VRAM. Should it be the same?

In a while I'll download the upgrade, hoping everything will work fine.

If it shoudn't, what kext or driver could I install?

Mine is a Radeon HD 4650 1GB VRAM. Should it be the same?

In a while I'll download the upgrade, hoping everything will work fine.

If it shoudn't, what kext or driver could I install?

I think with the 4650 you gona have to add your device ID to the ati4600.kext ... unless apple has added it.. and then with that 4650 you may need a kext still just try it out and see.. if I had a 4650 I would help you test it out..

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your work on this; I have a dell sxps 1645 with a ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 card. I installed lion on my system but im stuck at a lower resolution. I have Chameleon 2.0 RC5 bootloader installed and I tried to patch the boot file with PC EFI 10.6 and edit the com.apple.boot.plist to include the two kernal flags pci1 GraphicsEnabler=yes

After doing this I couldnt boot lion at all and have to use my bootable lion usb drive to boot. I was wondering if the reason I can't boot is because of the 10.6 pcEFI, or I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone help me?