DELL STUDIO XPS 13

SPLITER

1 post in this topic

Hi all,

I have a DELL STUDIO XPS 13 and I am new to the OSx86 community. I have never experienced any installation trials and am hoping for some guidance. I have read a couple tutorials, but I have not gotten around to trying any of them. Here are the questions I have so far...

I read that there are multiple distros that exists, providing different versions of OSx86. They include:

- iATKOS

- iPC

- iDeneb

- Kalyway

I am not sure as to which one I am supposed to be using, and how they differ. If anyone can point me to which distro is best compatible with my model of DELL STUDIO XPS 13, that would be superb.

Additionally, I have visited each of their official websites, but all of them seem to be Leopard 10.5, and I am wondering how I can upgrade, or even better, pre-install a version of Snow Leopard 10.6.

By the way, when I was looking for a OSx86 copy of 10.6, I stumbled upon many distributions of iPortable 10.6.2, which seems to be Mac Os X that you boot from your USB, where in the USB itself acts as the HD of the Mac. This is not what I want; I want to install Snow Leopard onto my computer.

Thanks in advance!