Windows Vista

Swad

653 posts in this topic

Humiliated? :rolleyes:You're the one who thinks vista is good :hysterical:

I'll bet you have a pet rock, and a Edsel parked in your garage :D

I do like vista. What do I not like about leopard or OS X in general? I gotta buy a mac to use it. It won't run on a pc. The way apps are designed to be accessed doesn't allow a lot of applications to be installed. There is no real file manager like windows has, ala windows explorer. You can't maximize windows with it. The menu bar is always at the top of the monitor instead of being part of each window. This is especially annoying on 24" monitors. There is no uninstall wizard that each application has to provide so u end up with bits and pieces of applications if you install them using a wizard or even if you just drag and drop them, there is still the preference files they leave everywhere. You can't easily boot more then one OS on a mac itself easily. The unnecessaryness of the menu bar being transparent, there was no reason for usability to do that.

What do I like about Vista? Now the gui runs on the graphics card so its smooth, but it doesn't get in my way. Graphics and audio is now in user level mode so it allows for a lot more recovery if the driver crashes. I can run as a regular user and if I need to do something that requires admin access, I just input the admin password. All my old windows programs still work. The backwards compatibility built in so that if an app doesn't work, there are ways to make it compatible. It has the best irc client in the world, mirc. It has a smp aware h.264 codec that works up to level 5.1. It has rdp built into it so that I can access it remotely if I need to. All my hardware is supported. Bluray and HDDVD is supported in it. When browsing the start menu, I can use my scroll wheel on my $12 mouse, that beats the mighty mouse, so that I don't have to move it a whole lot like I did with windows xp, where it would sometimes accidentally close.

You got anything else you wanna say? Besides lying, spinning, and backpedaling your answers.

I do like vista.

Isn't that like bragging about voting for bush? :P:D

I gotta buy a mac to use it. It won't run on a pc.

I'll split the difference with you here. I'd like to run OS X on a PC too, but it's not going to happen for many reasons. I have sold many Macs this year, most costing around 500.00 (the mini's) and each and every customer that has bought one has made it a point to walk up to me and THANK ME afterward. I can't say that about those who bought a pc with vista. Infact most of the vista customers have come back complaining. In your little bubble you think that vista is the cats meow, but I'm telling you that in the real world the general public disagrees with you. The proofs in the pudding, and you're in denial. Besides, why would you want Leopard to run on your pc anyway? I mean you're soooo in love with vista right? It almost sounds like you're jealous more than anything (don't they call that Mac envy?) and it appears that may be your real underlying motive for supporting vista.

The menu bar is always at the top of the monitor instead of being part of each window.

Didn't like this at first either, but now we love it! We also love the fact that all Mac programs use the same menu layout, so if you know how to use one Mac program, you're well on your way to knowing how to use most of them. For our older clients this is a God send.

There is no uninstall wizard that each application has to provide so u end up with bits and pieces of applications if you install them using a wizard or even if you just drag and drop them, there is still the preference files they leave everywhere.

For most programs this is not even a issue. For the remainder (or since it's Christmas - for the reindeer) there is AppZapper. You were saying...

The unnecessaryness of the menu bar being transparent

We have not seen this on any of our Macs, so it's a non-issue.

When browsing the start menu, I can use my scroll wheel on my $12 mouse, that beats the mighty mouse

Mighty mouse? :D One word --> Trackman :)