fermi/gtx 480/gtx 470

cmf

1,729 posts in this topic

hello, i do not have a fermi but would like to help (not be helped).

(i am maybe getting one)

im hearing a lot of confusion over the device-id

which one of these is it that applies to all fermi devices:

0x06c010de&0xfff0ffff

0x06cd10de&0xfff0ffff

0x06cd010de&0xfff0ffff

do you put device-id into just NVDAResman.kext

or NVDAResman.kext and NVDAGF100Hal.kext

i want to make you all a NVFERMI.Fix.kext

that would inject the correct fermi device-ids (dummy or legacy kext) :)

using this guide

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=798

if you tell me the correct device-ids and kexts to put device-ids in,

i will do it, its very easy (i did one for my ATI4350, and used to use one for my gtx295)

it also lets you update without having to re-add device-id to your kexts

hello, i do not have a fermi but would like to help (not be helped).

(i am maybe getting one)

im hearing a lot of confusion over the device-id

which one of these is it that applies to all fermi devices:

0x06c010de&0xfff0ffff

0x06cd10de&0xfff0ffff

0x06cd010de&0xfff0ffff

do you put device-id into just NVDAResman.kext

or NVDAResman.kext and NVDAGF100Hal.kext

i want to make you all a NVFERMI.Fix.kext

that would inject the correct fermi device-ids (dummy or legacy kext) ;)

using this guide

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=798

if you tell me the correct device-ids and kexts to put device-ids in,

i will do it, its very easy (i did one for my ATI4350, and used to use one for my gtx295)

it also lets you update without having to re-add device-id to your kexts

I just put my Device-id into NVDAResman plist, the device id 0x06c010de&0xfff0ffff is universal for all fermi (465/470/480/480m) because of the bitmask (0xfff0ffff)

I just put my Device-id into NVDAResman plist, the device id 0x06c010de&0xfff0ffff is universal for all fermi (465/470/480/480m) because of the bitmask (0xfff0ffff)

nice, thank you, tomorrow, when i have some sleep i will make a device-id injector kext for all fermi.

thats the first suggestion i made i think

ill take your word for it.

You don't need anymore NVDAFF100Hal.kext ans NVDAResman.kext ?

Good: Followed Bbongkkumi's steps, EVGA gtx 470 worked for me. Tried using the Chameleon bootloader but only got 1280x800 res and no acceleration.

Bad: Somehow my Audigy PCI soundcard stopped working. Had to use a USB one connected to the front USB slots; this USB sound device won't work if connected to the back USB slots. Probably have to check my DSDT.aml file. Using an MSI P45 neo3-fr mb.

update: QE/QC generally seems to be working with the aserebln loader. got transparent menubar, frontrow, etc... but can't really say about the benchmarking part. opengl games do run, but have to ascertain if all 'features' are there.

So it can be that all posted "working" means 2D only working ?

Would be nice when posts woudl be more clear in this case. Thanks to the lost posting user which tells that clear (no accell). In this case you cant Benchmark (only OpenGL Softwarerenderer available) the new fermi , its not your fault :P

Hello guys .... since I did not know how to install packages (aserebnl & Chameleon) I mixed files aserebnl_fermi.zip with

the Chameleon boot file ... and after I installed the boot Chameleon. And i modified only NVDARasman.kext :D

My GTX480 Works FINE!!!! :D

if the other methods do not work, try my.... :P

Frank802!

So it can be that all posted "working" means 2D only working ?

Would be nice when posts woudl be more clear in this case. Thanks to the lost posting user which tells that clear (no accell). In this case you cant Benchmark (only OpenGL Softwarerenderer available) the new fermi , its not your fault :(

No, my EVGA GTX 470 3D works, but, it drags in TF2 with max settings. AA kills it, which makes sense considering valve is saying 10.6.4 drivers are {censored}. Nonetheless, it does work.

I think, people who have this card wants to play advanced game or use CUDA, so i don't think we could say "it works" until OpenGL is supported, and full hardware acceleration.

I want to buy this card, but don't want to pay 350$ to get a half working card.

You guys are doing great job, and thank you for that, but be careful when you say "it's work", a benchmark is a lot more significant.

I mean CUDA is needed by Adobe CS by example, and i want to use it.

I don't think i'm the only one, but i could be wrong.

Is it used in CS4? I don't have CS5 to double check, or any CUDA items to test. I can install the toolkit, but is there any app to test without the toolkit?

No, my EVGA GTX 470 3D works, but, it drags in TF2 with max settings. AA kills it, which makes sense considering valve is saying 10.6.4 drivers are {censored}. Nonetheless, it does work.

GREAT !!!

Could you at least DL (only 2 MB!) und run the OpenGLExtensionsViewer (Test tab for bench, activate benchmark ) and post the results screen ?

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17087...tensions-viewer

This is with MacPro3,1 - 4,1 is about 1/4 the FPS

4ECT7.png

according to this : http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_gtx_470_us.html

GTX470 ( and GTX480 of course ) support OpenGL 4.0

according to this : http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_gtx_285_us.html

GTX285 support OpenGL 2.1

So I make the conclusion : we're using the GTX285 driver, it's why we are so limited.

NVFERMI.Fix.kext

kext.png

All it does when loaded is overwrite the IOKitPersonalities section of NVDAResman.kext info.plist with a modified IOKitPersonalities, which is exactly the same, except under the header IOPCIPrimaryMatch it includes the device-ids for all fermi (465/470/480/480m):

0x06c010de&0xfff0ffff

0x06cd10de&0xfff0ffff

0x06cd010de&0xfff0ffff

With this kext you no longer need to edit NVDAResman.kext to add your device-id

To test whether it actually works, if you previously added the device-id to NVDAResman.kext, remove it.

Put it in /E/E or /S/L/E and regenerate kextcaches with pfix or kextutility

@anyone

If anyone has any other device-ids they need to make their fermi work that isnt in the NVFERMI.Fix.kext, please message it to me and i will add it to the kext. Please only send it if its known/proven to work though.

v1.1: Now injects three device-id ranges, instead of just 0x06c010de&0xfff0ffff

NVFERMI.Fix.kext.v1.1.zip

Release_Notes.txt

Much tanks submitting first OpenGLExtensionsViewer Result :lol:

Information: This results are very valide/reliable compared to XBench OpenGL results. The results are (like ever) dependend from resolution. Means the higher the res the less "points".

The not run 3.0 Bench happens if at least one of the needed subfunctions is not available - ny HW and/or drivers. YOu can see more details for thos case in the first TAB as OpenGL 3.x (x supported / out of y)

This is with MacPro3,1 - 4,1 is about 1/4 the FPS - happens if AGPM (GPU Powermanagement) NOT works !

Not working may mean: stay always at maximum GPU clk or at minimum GPU clk.

The Mac ID is used in the AGPM as reference how the AGPM must be handled (beside the GPU type). Normally AGPM often not works on our hackintoshs without changing some .plist and/or using AGPM.kext injectors. But not working normally means idle mode is disabled - always runs max. clk, not minimum clk.

If someone has time to check + test OpenCL (may not work, may crash) by rytracing on GPU with smallluxGPU would be very interesting.

Fermi does much faster work than old 8800 and also GTX 285. Use the High / UltraHigh Benchmark mode to measure time in seconds. Also the OpenCL pixelfilter bench (does same as CoreImage but its OpenCL code) is interesting - measures MegaPixels/Sec and Nvidia is there very fast compared to ATI because faster VRAM.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/33632/smallluxgpu (50 MB DL, easy to use)

Attached : 8800GTX OpenGL Details of what is supported/unsuppoerted (HW and driver).

Bildschirmfoto_2010_06_24_um_20.04.50.jpg

Hi guys!

I still cant get it to work and I have no idea why the hell this thing wont work :-(

Even ANARCHiNTOSH's inject wont help here. I've installed everything fresh, cleared the cache, fixed the permissions etc. but after the reboot I still got the blank screen.

This is what Windows says about my fermi:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470

10DE - 06CD

Well I really dont know what to do!?

Thankyou for your help!

Hi guys!

I still cant get it to work and I have no idea why the hell this thing wont work :-(

Even ANARCHiNTOSH's inject wont help here. I've installed everything fresh, cleared the cache, fixed the permissions etc. but after the reboot I still got the blank screen.

This is what Windows says about my fermi:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470

10DE - 06CD

Well I really dont know what to do!?

Thankyou for your help!

The ANARCHiNTOSH's injector inject 06C010DE and your is 06CD10DE, so you have to do the dirty job.

Open the NVDResman.kext and modify the info.plist :

you'll see some id like yours.

You can replace one of them by yours or add yours to the list.

You have to do that in root, and to reload kext after.

The ANARCHiNTOSH's injector inject 06C010DE and your is 06CD10DE, so you have to do the dirty job.

Open the NVDResman.kext and modify the info.plist :

you'll see some id like yours.

You can replace one of them by yours or add yours to the list.

You have to do that in root, and to reload kext after.

thats mad, different gtx470s/gtx480s have different device-ids? i wanted the fix.kext to deal with all fermi, so ill update it. for future reference if anyone else wants to update it its as easy as adding the device-id to the fix.kext in the same way as NVDAResman

thats mad, different gtx470s/gtx480s have different device-ids? i wanted the fix.kext to deal with all fermi, so ill update it. for future reference if anyone else wants to update it its as easy as adding the device-id to the fix.kext in the same way as NVDAResman

From 10DE - 06CD, one is the Dev id, the other is the Ven id.

And i think the Vendor ID could be different for a EVGA GTX470 or a MSI GTX470.