1734 replies to this topic

stiv

stiv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey all,

Been lurking on this thread for a while, trying to get my 460 working. So far I'm in the same position as others: kexts are loaded but no output to the display (ie. monitor goes into standby) when it's booted. I can shell into the machine fine so it's not crashed, just the graphics aren't working.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to try the updated instructions as the megaupload link is down, but I applied the new chameleon patch & installed that, and I have the same result: no video output (although it does look like it's detecting the memory on the video card correctly as 1GB).

cmf: Happy to try any other ideas you might have to get the 460 working & a massive thanks for all your efforts so far!

Just a thought: I know this is a long shot but has anyone tried the HDMI output on their 460 when the machine's booted with the blank display? I'd try now but I don't have an HDMI cable to hand.

cmf

cmf

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Update: Oh well. stop, stop, stop.... I never installed Chameleon manually, only with GUI. Maybe its my fault. I overwrite only the boot File for root, ignoring completly the other boot-Files in the Archive. i Found a howto here in the Forum on how to install all the Chameleon Files manually via Terminal. But the tutorial uses only boot, boot0 and boot1h... Ok, but what about the other boot-files like boot1hp, boot0hfs, chain0 and so on??!? More confused than before, arglllll

yeah, installing the bootloader = "installing" boot0, boot1h and boot :shock:
the other files are only needed, well, if you need them ... seems like windows or grub boot file (chain0), cd boot file, extra hfs partition boot file, etc ...? i only put them into the package for completeness sake.

Anyway to get the 4xx series to work on 10.5.8?

if you can get hold of the original 10.5 drivers that contain the nvdagf100hal.kext, this shouldn't be a problem. but chances that someone has these are pretty low.

labecula

labecula

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hey all,

Been lurking on this thread for a while, trying to get my 460 working. So far I'm in the same position as others: kexts are loaded but no output to the display (ie. monitor goes into standby) when it's booted. I can shell into the machine fine so it's not crashed, just the graphics aren't working.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to try the updated instructions as the megaupload link is down, but I applied the new chameleon patch & installed that, and I have the same result: no video output (although it does look like it's detecting the memory on the video card correctly as 1GB).

cmf: Happy to try any other ideas you might have to get the 460 working & a massive thanks for all your efforts so far!

Just a thought: I know this is a long shot but has anyone tried the HDMI output on their 460 when the machine's booted with the blank display? I'd try now but I don't have an HDMI cable to hand.

Well...
It´s the same black screen with HDMI... :-(

cmf

cmf

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Unfortunately I haven't been able to try the updated instructions as the megaupload link is down

meh, either megaupload load balancing is crappy or something blocks you from downloading it. link still works for me, but i'll add some mirrors.

but I applied the new chameleon patch & installed that, and I have the same result: no video output (although it does look like it's detecting the memory on the video card correctly as 1GB).

well, at least some progress :)
didn't your graphic card box contain an hdmi cable? mine had a mini-hdmi to hdmi cable in it.
but i'd be surprised if thats the problem.

Pink Waters

Pink Waters

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

I read every single page of this post and somewere, someone have installed on 10.6.3

However it's better don't replay....
I Know that the answear are in the post ...don't worry

THX

Man, we are here to help as much as we can, BUT after you follow the instructions exactly and happens that there is something wrong to figure out..

but as you've seen the instructions in the first post, 10.6.4 is no.1 , and I doubt if these drivers worked for anybody with 10.6.3.

we are glad here to help, and no one is forcing us to though...

follow the instruction, and if there is anything wrong happens, we are here to help.

take it easy :)

cmf

cmf

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
now this ought to be interesting: http://www.macrumors...-to-developers/

Pink Waters

Pink Waters

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

now this ought to be interesting: http://www.macrumors...-to-developers/

YaY :D
I am very excited :wacko:

I will see if i can get more info on the matter :)

Generic George

Generic George

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Someone's made some progress over in the Tony Mac forum with the 460. They've gotten their system to boot without kernel panics at least.

http://www.tonymacx8...=...53&start=30

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,045 posts
That's not progress, you can do that with any nvidia card. That's what happens when there are no drivers loaded, ie about the same that happens when you boot in safe mode with -x.

TEPP

TEPP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
I just found Open GL Extension Viewer on my Hackintosh got performace slower after update to 10.6.4., so I think not problem with fermi gtx 4xx on 10.6.4 which most people here face on this issue.

After I re-install OSX and update to 10.6.3 the score Open GL Ext viewer comes to normal.

Anyone faces this issue same with me?

Note: I found this problem with Geforce GTS250.

Just report.

Thanks

PS. Thanks to cmf for your mirror dowload link, now I got your fermi package already, I will try with your instruction and report back later.

KAMD

KAMD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm new to all this so forgive the most likely idotic question, but;

3. install bootloader located in bootloader/

What do I install from the bootloader folder? where does it go? I installed OSX with tonymac's #####

PablitoMAC

PablitoMAC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Man, we are here to help as much as we can, BUT after you follow the instructions exactly and happens that there is something wrong to figure out..

but as you've seen the instructions in the first post, 10.6.4 is no.1 , and I doubt if these drivers worked for anybody with 10.6.3.

we are glad here to help, and no one is forcing us to though...

follow the instruction, and if there is anything wrong happens, we are here to help.

take it easy :D

Thank you...

I love that Pompeii pics.....
I'm a Floyd fan too.....

Pink Waters

Pink Waters

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Thank you...

I love that Pompeii pics.....
I'm a Floyd fan too.....

Cool dude :D
floyd are one of the best artistic bands out there

@cmf: your updated drivers contain the "imac mid 2010 drivers" right ?

PablitoMAC

PablitoMAC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Cool dude :D
floyd are one of the best artistic bands out there

O.T.

On April in Milan will be Waters with The Wall Live!!!!!!!

Pink Waters

Pink Waters

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

O.T.

On April in Milan will be Waters with The Wall Live!!!!!!!

I have been waiting for this concert for a long time.
I really admire and respect Roger Waters, I think he is a great philosopher and the heart of Pink Floyd, compare David Gilmour's solo albums to Roger's ones, and you will see what I mean.

Talking bout the floyds would take over this thread.. so for the GTX sake.. I shall stop :D

PablitoMAC

PablitoMAC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

I have been waiting for this concert for a long time.
I really admire and respect Roger Waters, I think he is a great philosopher and the heart of Pink Floyd, compare David Gilmour's solo albums to Roger's ones, and you will see what I mean.

Talking bout the floyds would take over this thread.. so for the GTX sake.. I shall stop :D

Yes....

Now you'll hate me...
I've upgrade to 10.6.4, install new bootloader, add new string, replace kexts and frameworks, but the screen on starup, shutdown, also in safe mode (-x)..

Now in the guide says to clear cache on startup....... How??
THX...

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,045 posts

Yawn...already discussed earlier in the thread.

PablitoMAC

PablitoMAC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Yawn...already discussed earlier in the thread.

Good night....

cmf

cmf

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

I've upgrade to 10.6.4, install new bootloader, add new string, replace kexts and frameworks, but the screen on starup, shutdown, also in safe mode (-x)..

what string? graphicsenabler?
clear cache = "sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches" or "ignore caches" option in chameleon

What do I install from the bootloader folder? where does it go? I installed OSX with tonymac's #####

http://forge.voodoop...runk/doc/README

[*]fermi package 2010/08/03 is based on a wild mixture of 10.6.4+macmini+imac+nvidia kexts

so, yes ;)
10.6.2 <- 10.6.4 combo <- nvidia <- macmini <- imac

since the graphics update didn't leak yet, i can't say if it's just a repackaged imac update ...

edit: side note: this board software really sucks ... can't add links to chameleon.osx86.hu or forge.voodooprojects.org, bbcodes get converted to html directly (don't stay bbcodes) or screw up the board design, can't upload files with a size of 10 mb (or even 8 mb, had to fall back to 7.x meg) even if it says so ...

anyways, added some links to the howto in the first post ...

pixu

pixu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
If there's no fermi cards for the Mac, isn't it likely that there are no decent drivers for 4xx in sight? Correct me if I'm wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy