Ralink RT2500 chipset PCI beta driver

huong23

93 posts in this topic

Works here. I keep getting disconnected though. I have 37% signal strength so I doubt it's that, but it's possible. The AP I'm trying to get to is pretty sh*tty, so I dunno if that's it or not. Anyways, glad to be online in OS X. Just waiting for Marvell drivers and nVidia drivers.

OK, hopefully someone knows the answer to this:

When OS X86 starts up, the RALINK RT2500 PCI driver tries to hook up to the LAST network as its first choice. But inevitably it links up with my neighbors, then the Wireless Utility Starts and changes that to mine. Even though mine is now the LAST, it does this all over again at next boot up. Not only that, if my neighbor's is turned off, it still tries for awhile before switching to mine.

I'd like to not have to hook up to my neighbors before mine if at all possible.

Anyone know about this, or perhaps where the settings are stored??

Below is the console.log portion relevant.

Thanks for ANY responses!

Dec 10 17:21:52 iHac kernel[0]: Driver auto reconnect to last OID_802_11_SSID setting -

Dec 10 17:21:54 iHac configd[45]: executing /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/Kicker.bundle/Contents/Resources/enable-network

Dec 10 17:21:54 iHac configd[45]: posting notification com.apple.system.config.network_change

Dec 10 17:21:54 iHac lookupd[125]: lookupd (version 369.0.2) starting - Sat Dec 10 17:21:54 2005

Dec 10 17:21:54 iHac ntpdate[137]: can't find host time.apple.com

Dec 10 17:21:54 iHac ntpdate[137]: no servers can be used, exiting

Dec 10 17:21:57 iHac configd[45]: target=enable-network: disabled

Dec 10 17:22:02 iHac kernel[0]: Driver auto reconnect to last OID_802_11_SSID setting -

Dec 10 17:22:12 iHac kernel[0]: Driver auto reconnect to last OID_802_11_SSID setting -

Dec 10 17:22:22 iHac kernel[0]: Driver auto reconnect to last OID_802_11_SSID setting -

Dec 10 17:22:32 iHac kernel[0]: Driver auto reconnect to last OID_802_11_SSID setting -

Dec 11 17:22:40 iHac kernel[0]: RT2560: Link UP: "04B409128250" -- 00:e0:98:e6:0f:d7 -- ch 6

Dec 10 17:22:49 iHac kernel[0]: Set::OID_802_11_DISASSOCIATE

Dec 10 17:22:49 iHac kernel[0]: rt2560 Set::OID_802_11_SSID (Len=7,Ssid=NETGEAR)

Dec 10 17:22:49 iHac kernel[0]: RT2560: Link UP: "NETGEAR" -- ch 11

Dec 10 17:22:52 iHac kernel[0]: in_delmulti - ignorning invalid inm (0xc03452e8)

Dec 10 17:22:52 iHac configd[45]: posting notification com.apple.system.config.network_change

Dec 10 17:22:52 iHac lookupd[230]: lookupd (version 369.0.2) starting - Sat Dec 10 17:22:52 2005

Mine is "NETGEAR" by the way.

Mark

Hi, i have a Conceptronic C54RC PC-Card with an RT-2500 chipset.

And it isn`t recognized (deadmoo Image).

In the SystemProfiler i see the card with Vendor ID: 6164 and Revision: 513.

I also tried to insert the VendorID and Revision in the CardBusWirelessDriver.kext

but no change the card isn`t recognized. Than I tried to load the CardBusWirelessDriver

by hand with "kextload CardBusWirelessDriver.kext" but than i get:

====================================================

CardBusWirelessDriver is not compatible with its superclass,

IOEthernetController superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension CardBusWirelessDriver.kext

load failed for extension CardBusWirelessDriver.kext

have somebody an idea?

Have a nice day

Ok so does anyone know how to stop that utility to stop opening up on startup? Adding the program to your startup under users and checking hide does not work....I would really like to get rid of this program from popping up on startup.

---You can simply stop it from starting up by going into your applications folder and rename the application--- I just added a little something on the end of it and shut down the machine turned it on and it didn't boot up

Hope this helps.

Edited by kefenatorjr

Mine does the same on 8f1111a/g. It seems that the ABI has changed in the latest version. We have to wait/write to the vendor for an updated driver (maybe getting the sources is possible...)

Hi, i have a Conceptronic C54RC PC-Card with an RT-2500 chipset.

And it isn`t recognized (deadmoo Image).

In the SystemProfiler i see the card with Vendor ID: 6164 and Revision: 513.

I also tried to insert the VendorID and Revision in the CardBusWirelessDriver.kext

but no change the card isn`t recognized. Than I tried to load the CardBusWirelessDriver

by hand with "kextload CardBusWirelessDriver.kext" but than i get:

CardBusWirelessDriver is not compatible with its superclass,

IOEthernetController superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension CardBusWirelessDriver.kext

load failed for extension CardBusWirelessDriver.kext

have somebody an idea?

Have a nice day

Yay!... thanks everyone in this thread.

I'm now using my 10.4.3 (8f1111a) install to post this message using my KCORP KLS-660 Wireless PCI Adaptor.

ok, i'm stupid. I've downloaded the correct version (was few posts down) and my canyon is working like a charm :)

hehee... I was tripped up by this too, I know it's always good to read the whole thread, but it would be great if the thread owner could update the starting post to contain the three versions of the driver posted here ;-)

--guess I could stop being lazy and update the wiki or something.

right, next up quickly learn how to make device drivers, fix my Broadcom 5751 ethernet then get a supported graphics card and I'll be done!

Justa note: after installing the drivers, my spotlight index seemed to have been distroyed / corupted.

This could just be coincidence, but if anyone else had this issue, running:

sudo hdutil -E /

should cause spotlight to reindex the drive and get everything back.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone have the problem with the driver not properly halting when choosing the restart the computer, rather than shut it down?

whe using a -v parameter, i see that it does not want to shut down and it keeps asking for an IP from my router, over and over again, for as long as i leave it on.

but if i pick to shut down, it doesnt do this.

and it's listed as a RT2560 when being polled for IP's.

weird.

• 2 weeks later...
Works for me !!

MSI PC54G2 (RT2560 chipset) ;)

Thanks for all

++

I have the same card. Installed the latest driver (nov. 2005) on my 10.4.3

At boot the Wireless utility launches and I can see the some networks but after a few seconds they disappear and I have the ** DISCONNECTED ** message in the box at the bottom of the window.

The only way to see the networks again is to reboot the pc.

Please help me fix that, this is the only way I have to connect ;):(:(

Hi, i got hold of 10.4.3 8f1111 dtk for userdvd.dmg, i converted it to iso, with in my old 10.4.1, appled the 8f1111a jas patch, then i appled the Kernal V2 patch from the maxxuss website for No Nx, and SSE3 -> SSE2, pacth, now ive done a clean install, and yes it boots and loads natively just dandy

but when i load the Wireless Driver for the Ralink 2500 chipset, it installs fine, but when i load the ultility it says card not found if you look around, so i open termnial, and goto /System/Library/Extensions

and type kext load CardBusWirelessDriver.kext and then it spouts this out, "21CardBusWirelessDriver is not compatibul with its superclass 20IOEthernetControler Superclass Changed? kextload a link/load error occured for kernal extension CardBusWirelessDriver.kext"

Is it because of the maxxuss v2 kernal patchs i installed, or the jas patch or just not compatibull with 10.4.3 as it worked flawlessly with 10.4.1.

Please Please Help

Ben

if there is an Update (rather than the 1.1.0.0 (i think it is for the RT2500 Pci card series) i would be externaly greatfull, since it cant find my card in the software please let me know

Ben

well ive fixed my wireless on 10.4.3, useing the updated drivers :) and its fine :) as i am talking to you off it now, so i can Confirm with the updated drivers on 10.4.3 :) works on the MSI Wlan Card :) couldnt tell you the modle number of it but it uses the Ralink 2500 chipset i got it with my MSI K8N Neo Platinum +54G Mobo, as it came with the Card, best mobo i ever purchased that :)

Peace out

Ben

Ok I've been able to connect to my network for a few seconds, browsed on the internet and then got disconnected. Everything disappeared in the wireless utility ...

Any idea?

Many thanks!

Ok it is fixed. It seems that it is a bug with the driver. My network was an open network without wep password so I set a wep password and now everything is flawless. I have CI+QE, sound and network

:):):)

• 2 weeks later...
I tried the Airport2.kext mod and I got it to recognize the card as an Airport card. Works like butta now.

Once I get sound working, I'll be sounds as a hound.

Is this on 10.4.1 or 10.4.3? I can't find an Airport2.kext mod for 10.4.3...It's one of the last few annoying things on my laptop install. Mine is still recognized as a built in ethernet card, but it works. If it worked like an airport card, I could move on to getting my audio card to work (really the last thing!)

I tried the Airport2.kext mod and I got it to recognize the card as an Airport card. Works like butta now.

Once I get sound working, I'll be sounds as a hound.

Even modded, aiport kext is for broadcom chipsets, not ralink. Please keep the bs for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guy, i dl and installed the driver for 10.4.3 .dmg..everyhting works fine with my wmp54g-pci-wireless..but..i'm not able to enter the network configuration..it keeps crashing and i can't assign a static ip :P