Ralink RT2500 chipset PCI beta driver

huong23

93 posts in this topic

Hello everyone... i cant tell you how happy i am today! Working wireless on my IBM T42!!! Thank You Ralink! :>

I'm using Canyon Wireless PCMCIA adapter based on RT2500 chipset (cheapest piece of {censored} i could find :>). I just installed the drivers and it worked right from the start. After I start Ralink Wireless Utility it gives me the list of all available wireless networks, then i just entered preshared key for my home connection and voila! :(

There are two small problems tho... If i insert PCMCIA card in lower slot on my T42 system wont boot. In the upper one it works without any problems. Second problem is standby. If system goes off to standby wireless wont work after system comes out of standby. Only thing you can do is to restart the OS X.

Aside from this two small problems it is working like a charm... Good work Ralink!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I already answered, sorta. :unsure:

They have to recompile the drivers under 10.4.3, anyone is free to email them this request. I've not done so yet, since my 945G system has an unsupported video card so I'm not using it so much, and my 915G system obviously works fine.

Thanks, great work. :lol:

Might want to put the file on rapidupload.com or rapidshare.de to save your bandwidth. I'll maybe try this tonight on my MSI Card with RT2500 on it.

(NOTE, I EDITED the 1st post to mention a 10.4.3 driver listed later in thread)

Link is dead. I don't suppose we could get a repost could we? B)

Edit: ok, maybe I'm just dumb, heh. Copy/Paste the url instead of just clicking the link.

Edit again: Yup, that did the trick, works perfectly with Linksys WMP54G v4 on 10.4.3 8F1099

I just got a Belkin (RaLink 2500) PCMCIA card for my IBM R50 and downloaded the updated driver for 10.4.1 from this thread. The card works great, it connects with WPA, WEP, whatever just fine. HOWEVER, it randomly causes two things:

1. Computer totally locks up

2. Computer halts and reboots

You guys have any ideas?

- Dylan

Nevermind this - turns out my motherboard was going TU. I swapped my harddrive with another laptop and it works just perfectly.

Edited by mdcone

I've installed the USB driver dated Nov 29th on a 8f1111 10.4.3 installation (Thinkpad T30), but it doesn't work. The kext is not loaded automatically, and even after loading it manually, the utility program doesn't detect there's a driver / usb stick present. I can see the usb stick present in the systems diagnostics.

using asus wifi@home card with WPA-PSK, on osx86 10.4.1, driver work and detect ssid but it deconnect and reconnect all time !

what is the problem?

finally got it workin only with WEP encryption, WPA-PSK does not work for me

Curious though, anyone know how to make it load the way airport drivers do? Mine waits til after the login screen and then jumps on the first network it can find, then changes to the network I chose, but also pops up that RT2500 driver program which I then have to close after it picks the right network.

I looked for it under startup items, and it doesn't even show.

Any ideas? I'd like to make it a little cleaner (although finally having wireless is fabulous!)

Mark