• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Did anyone tried and/or succeeded in upgrading his N130 to 10.6.8 ?

I tried but could not... I end up with a machine that is unable to boot: kernel panic due to a problem in a driver called com.deterministicnetworks.driver.dne.

Not sure which extension it is related to.

I also tried to upgrade from 10.6.3 to 10.6.7. For this I had to remove the VoodooHDA driver and after a few unsucessful reboots trying to play with the "-x", "recovery=y" finally I manage to get a stable OSX 10.6.7 running... But everything was running very slow, not sure if it was because of the kernel of QE not enable, but the whole thing
was really slower than before.

I am restoring my 10.6.3 backup because right now I do not have much time to look for solutions... :)

6strings

6strings

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi mtest, I'm attempting to install SL 10.6.3 (iATKOS S3 version 2) yet again on my Samsung N140 (hardware similar to N130), I have followed your procedure, but I'm stuck when I replace mach_kernel: USB plug and play function no longer works.

Maybe I'm wrong to select the right components (kernels, patch, ecc.) before the installation?

I will appreciate any help

Marco

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Sorry but I cannot really help you on this.

Just for info, I did not disable the "USB legacy support" in the BIOS of the computer, maybe this can help.

6strings

6strings

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for the reply.
After many attempts I decide to perform a retail install (with a little help of NetBookInstaller); everything works except sound and wi-fi!

This crappy hardware is re-born with SL, now it's time to experiment some kext for sound.

^^

What file do you recommend?

MakuPL

MakuPL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Thank you for the reply.
After many attempts I decide to perform a retail install (with a little help of NetBookInstaller); everything works except sound and wi-fi!

This crappy hardware is re-born with SL, now it's time to experiment some kext for sound.

^^

What file do you recommend?

Try with VodooHDA.

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I am planning to install an SSD hard-drive in my N130 (just ordered a Corsair Force Series 3 - 120 GB). I expect the process to be relatively straight forward, but I might be a bit optimistic.

I'm still running 1.6.3.

Any advice ?

panicozxb

panicozxb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everybody.

I have been triying for three days to install SL in my n130, and i don't know why it doesn't work in anyway.

I'll try to explain what i've done.

I have the iatkos s3 v2 image, whit the checksum ok, and also the retail image of a SL installation dvd.

I have tried to make a bootable usb, and I couldn't at all.

I Have done it as explained in many tutorials, using guid and mbr triying to succes, and later i have used netbookboot, 0.8.4 rc1 and pre versions, also Chameleon-2.0-RC5, and I have always obtain the same result: it doesn't works, just a black screen with a blinking hash.

I have used many usb sticks, and externals hdd-usb, but it doesnt`s work. I have done it from a MBP with lion.

Later, i burned the iatkos to a DVD, and use an external DVD writer. I have used many configs, the first was this one:

-BOOT
ASEREBLN

BOOT OPTIONS
32BITS
GRAPHICS ENABLERS
ETHERNET BUILTIN

PATCHES
CREAR EXTRA
FAKESMC
DISABLER
RTC

KERNELS
KERNEL ATOM
EVOREBOOT
SLEEPENABLER
UUID

DRIVERS SATA-IDE
SATAAHCI

SOUND
VOODOHDA

PS2
APPLEPS2

POWERMANAGER

VOODOPOWER

LAPTOP HARD

BATTERY
CARD READER
THERMAL ACPI

VGA
INTEL
EFI STRING
GMA950 27AE

WIFI
RALINK 2860 32BIT

RED ETHERNET WIRED
ATLANSIC L1E

It worked the first time, but i changed two kext for the sound and it crash when i rebooted.

I tried to reinstall it again whit the same config, but i't doesn't work, many times crash in boot, and another (the most) i heard the music but the screen reamains in grey forever, so i can't do nothing.

Later i have tried many config, focusing on modifications of the vga driver to try to solve the screen issue, but the result is alwais the same.

The n130 bios is the a06, by the way.

somebody would gime me an ad, please?

Thanks in advance.

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Quick top to get the full power (!) or the weak N270 while on battery (e.g. to be able to watch movies in the best conditions): open a terminal and type in the command "sudo pmset -b 3" ...

jermwhite

jermwhite

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Video out on the samsung n130 is working perfectly for me. This should be changed in the compatibility chart for netbooks.

Steps to use the vga output.
1. Plug in monitor
2. Go to System Preferences
3. Select Displays
4. Hit the "Gather Windows" button
5. Select a different resolution

It works! You can select the highest compatible resolution again. I did this on an Acer 21.5" monitor and Sanyo LCD TV and they both worked great on 10.6.3,10.6.5, and 10.6.7

No one seems to enjoy installing 10.6.8 on their n130 because it causes errors, but N130 works with an external display just fine.

SwitchResX is a great tool if you only want to use your external display and not the one on your netbook. Hope this helps anyone who is having trouble!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy