• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

holmsius

holmsius

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
can you please post our IONetworking kext? I downloaded Lnx2Mac's Realtek Ethernet Driver, ethernet appeared and says it's connected, but there's no ping to gateway (cable works in windows :(.. Can you please post what EXACT model of this damned card, because I can't find it anywhere in web..

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi,
Sorry for the delay.

I'm not sure if we have the same model of Ethernet chipset, here is mine:

Posted Image

What do you mean exactly by "Can you please post our IONetworking kext" ? Do you want the binary file ?

aurumnous

aurumnous

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
for anyone wanting a quick set of instructions to get their samsung n130 working with mac os x 10.6.5, i have written up a tutorial...

Currently I everything except mic working (I still get the feedback squeal using voodoohda)

Heres the link:

Tutorial to install mac os x 10.6.5 on samsung n130

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Well this sounds like a very good idea, unfortunately your link is broken (error 404).

Thanks.

aurumnous

aurumnous

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I'm sorry, here's the fixed one:
Updated link to tutorial

Well this sounds like a very good idea, unfortunately your link is broken (error 404).

Thanks.

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Well done, this is very cool.

Two remarks though:

1. Shades does not reduce the backlight level, it only darkens the screen via the LCD. That means that you will not save battery by lowering the brightness via Shades.

2. It looks like you still have the mic feedback problem, for me the fix is to install the Voodoo HDA kext in its 2.6.0 release (fix found here: http://www.tonymacx8...it=feedback mic ). I also had to install a startup script to restore my sound settings at boot (see voodoohdahelper here: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=219591 ).

aurumnous

aurumnous

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
thanks for the reply.

Re 1: Good to know about shades. Do you know how to do brightness that does help battery life? Do i need to enable the fn keys somehow?

Re 2: i tried 2.6.0 and i still get feedback until the voodoohdahelper runs to reset the gain. This is a good 20seconds of pain! Do you still get this at bootup?

Well done, this is very cool.

Two remarks though:

1. Shades does not reduce the backlight level, it only darkens the screen via the LCD. That means that you will not save battery by lowering the brightness via Shades.

2. It looks like you still have the mic feedback problem, for me the fix is to install the Voodoo HDA kext in its 2.6.0 release (fix found here: http://www.tonymacx8...it=feedback mic ). I also had to install a startup script to restore my sound settings at boot (see voodoohdahelper here: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=219591 ).

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

thanks for the reply.

Re 1: Good to know about shades. Do you know how to do brightness that does help battery life? Do i need to enable the fn keys somehow?

Re 2: i tried 2.6.0 and i still get feedback until the voodoohdahelper runs to reset the gain. This is a good 20seconds of pain! Do you still get this at bootup?

Re 1: To save battery life you need to lower the power of the backpanel light. This can be done through the control panel, or, on my N130, using Fn+F12 ...

Re 2: In my case the problem ceased as soon as the right kext was in place. Weird to see that in you case it does not help... :blink: We could probably compare our configs and try to find where the differences are... Where do you install your custom kext ? I put everything in /S/L/E. In my VoodooHDA kext the Info.plist shows:

<string>0.2.6</string>

aurumnous

aurumnous

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Re:1 Fn+f12 does show the brightness overlay onscreen reducing, but the screen doesnt get any darker (unless i reduce it to nothing - which turns off the screen).

Re 2: I uninstalled my 0.2.6 voodoohda and replaced it with another 0.2.6 i found by googling. This doesnt have the feedback problem, but the sound card volume is very very quiete even when volume set to max.

Could you post the link to where you got your 0.2.6 voodoohda from?

ps thanks for the help, im slowly getting there!

Re 1: To save battery life you need to lower the power of the backpanel light. This can be done through the control panel, or, on my N130, using Fn+F12 ...

Re 2: In my case the problem ceased as soon as the right kext was in place. Weird to see that in you case it does not help... :( We could probably compare our configs and try to find where the differences are... Where do you install your custom kext ? I put everything in /S/L/E. In my VoodooHDA kext the Info.plist shows:

<string>0.2.6</string>

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Re:1 Fn+f12 does show the brightness overlay onscreen reducing, but the screen doesnt get any darker (unless i reduce it to nothing - which turns off the screen).

Re 2: I uninstalled my 0.2.6 voodoohda and replaced it with another 0.2.6 i found by googling. This doesnt have the feedback problem, but the sound card volume is very very quiete even when volume set to max.

Could you post the link to where you got your 0.2.6 voodoohda from?

ps thanks for the help, im slowly getting there!

Not quite sure where I got the kext from, I think it is from the projectosx.com pages, probably this one: link

From what I understand, there are two forks of the VoodooHDA project, one is hosted on Google Code and has been dormant for a while, and an other fork is actively being developed by Russian coders and can be found on projectosx.com. I've just realized that the "official" fork (on Google) has released a version 2.7 lately, maybe worth to give a try ?

For the sound level problem: do you have the VoodooHDA control panel installed ? If so then you have to play with both panel, the OSX Sound control panel and the VoodooHDA panel. Change the sound level and gain level to whatever is good for you. Then use the voodoohdahelper to "save and restore" the sound levels at boot.

Hope this helps.

aurumnous

aurumnous

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Not quite sure where I got the kext from, I think it is from the projectosx.com pages, probably this one: link

From what I understand, there are two forks of the VoodooHDA project, one is hosted on Google Code and has been dormant for a while, and an other fork is actively being developed by Russian coders and can be found on projectosx.com. I've just realized that the "official" fork (on Google) has released a version 2.7 lately, maybe worth to give a try ?

Yes, i tried 2.7, but it causes the feedback noise at startup.

For the sound level problem: do you have the VoodooHDA control panel installed ? If so then you have to play with both panel, the OSX Sound control panel and the VoodooHDA panel. Change the sound level and gain level to whatever is good for you. Then use the voodoohdahelper to "save and restore" the sound levels at boot.

Hope this helps.

I didnt know that about the fork of voodoohda, explains alot. thanks for info.

I tried 2.7, but it causes the feedback noise at startup.

I have voodoohda preference panel installed and have set the levels to max in that and also the system sound panel, sound is still quiet low. Its not a big deal, just would be nice to have it alittle louder.

thanks

dean

slugworth1987

slugworth1987

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey all!!!

passed my quiz's ;-)

anyway im looking at buying SL before i start to install the software

http://www.amazon.co...f=pd_cp_sw_h__0

is this the correct disc,

i have no OSX discs at all! now £30 for an OS is VERY cheap so im skeptical as the OSX retail box is £140+

being a windows user for the last who knows how long im finding it hard to understand all this but i want to learn.

i have been reading deans blog for help and have a rough idea what to do i have access to a mac book (mrs has one) i just dont have a disc.

all help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers all

Sean

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

http://www.amazon.co...f=pd_cp_sw_h__0

is this the correct disc,

Sean,
If you look at the system requirements on the Amazon page it says:

Product Description: Mac OS X Snow Leopard - ( v. 10.6 ) - version upgrade package

In theory this version only allows you to UPGRADE to SL. From what I know you can still use it to install SL from scratch, but then you would not have a valid license to use it.

slugworth1987

slugworth1987

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Sean,
If you look at the system requirements on the Amazon page it says:

Product Description: Mac OS X Snow Leopard - ( v. 10.6 ) - version upgrade package

In theory this version only allows you to UPGRADE to SL. From what I know you can still use it to install SL from scratch, but then you would not have a valid license to use it.

good sir i love you :-p

so i need to buy a retail boxed OSX Leopard 1st for £139 i think it was trhen this upgrade if i want it? as i dont want to be a bad boy,

other forums are on about downloading a realsed version of software which i presure are like XP Lite or Windows XP Pro Black edition etc...

tvm :-)

Sean

hurricaneous

hurricaneous

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello everyone,

We are a Mac familly, happy ;) (You don't care but it's funny to write that).

My daughter wanted a Macbook: Oh no!

So, i've tried to install 10.6.3 dvd retail to her fantastic little N130.

I tried, i tried, and i tried again... without success. For the last try, I did a mistake...

Here we are:

Instead of installing the "netbook-bootmaker" (Maker!), I click too fast on the "netboot-installer", directly to the extern drive partition where Snow Leopard was restore.

I've seen my mistake but in this case, I tried to see the result of it.

Guess what?

Install perfect and quick (35 minutes) ... After install, the N130 boot directly with no issues ... Nothing was wrong, except drivers for the sound, video and ethernet.
After installing those kexts, reboot -S and .... Zip ... wham ... Shazam, the little samsung born again under the cool name of MacBook 2.1.

Fellow users, it is not a joke, even me I couldn't believe. The result is almost perfect, no issues and the piece of cake is: Wifi works!

The only thing disturbing a few is that, the cpu is not recognize as well. But all works good.

And my daughter is.... always in her bedroom with this new little beast of joy :)

If someone could explain me why this install works perfectly, I will be happy to understand.

Anyway, try it like I said and I hope for you all, your N130 will thank you.

Ciao Ciao
Au revoir
Good night (day)

s0000

s0000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi everyone
Just been trying to put mac osx on my samsung n130
Here's what i've done
Made an image of Snow Leopard 10.6.3 retail (NOT 10.6) using the Dell Mini Guide from Gizmodo.
Restored to USB and patched using NetbookBootMaker 0.8.4 rc1

Then installed onto the netbook, installation went fine
Touchpad, Graphics, and Ethernet all seem to be working fine.

Wifi:
I have bought a dell 1397 wifi card to sort the wireless issue out

Sound:
I installed AzaliaAudio and Full Sound 10.5.7
Then I installed the VoodooHDA and HDAEnable kexts using Kext Helper b7 and repaired disk permissions and after reboot still no luck with the sound at all. Tried a couple more times but still no luck. I also noticed Kext Helper b7 would not shut down properly after installing kexts and had to force close.

Help required on this.
Firstly are the files installed all ok?
Do I need to install NetbookInstaller 0.8.4 rc1 too?
Sleep does not work too but sound is important at the moment for me. Just got into this so got a lot to learn but hopefully getting there.
Thanks in advance

newfla

newfla

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Please write a tutorial

s0000

s0000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Heres my experience on how I got snow leopard 10.6.3 working on my samsung N130 netbook (may be useful to read it a couple of times before trying to do it!)

Firstly I bought an original Snow Leopard 10.6.3 retail disk
I replaced the hard drive containing windows with a new hard drive just for mac osx
see video here on how to open the netbook thanks to Jay:

http://adidat.blogsp...msung-n130.html

then I followed Gizmodo's Hackintosh Guide (link on above website) on installing Mac osx on a Dell Mini - works the same on the samsung netbook

Note: I used netbookbootmaker 0.8.4 rc1 from the link on Gizmodo
(Also downloaded netbookinstaller-0.8.4.rc1 to use later)

Once mac osx was installed, ethernet worked out of the box
audio, wifi and sleep function was not working
touchpad scrolling - I changed settings in system preferences - touchpad to my taste

Firstly I installed netbookinstaller-0.8.4 rc1 then worked on the following:

wifi
I bought a dell 1397 mini wifi card from ebay and installed that worked straight away, see how to open back cover in above link - thanks to Jay

sleep
this guide http://deanezra.com/?p=367
shows how to install 10.6.5 on samsung n130, unfortunately my ethernet and wifi would not work after update (nor with update to 10.6.7 mentioned by kilyman here:

http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1711737

but thanks to guide posted by Dean above I used the dsdt.aml file from his folder
and installed the file in the extra folder (replacing any previous files)
I entered BIOS (F2 at startup) and changed the following settings:

EDB = Enabled
Legacy USB Support: Disabled
USB S3 sleep: Enabled

Sleep would work after pressing Fn+Esc and restart when pressing power switch

Audio
After trying so many different suggestions and so many voodoohda.kexts which would result in a numerous installations and restores I finally got it working by downloading the voodoohda-0.2.1.kext from
http://code.google.c.../downloads/list
(last one)

then installed this in the extra/updateextensions folder, then ran UpdateExtra, and restarted and sound was now working

Next I am hoping to update to 10.6.7 not had much luck so far but will keep trying

Thanks to all peeps who helped me with this, and have posted all the files required, this is not a definitive guide, just my experience with the Samsung N130 which may help others who have this netbook

Alender

Alender

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
i have updated my netbook 10.6.4 to 10.6.7 atm i not have problem.

I need to resolve the issue of the video out,when i plug a monitor a see a vertical lines : /

limini

limini

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

i have updated my netbook 10.6.4 to 10.6.7 atm i not have problem.

I need to resolve the issue of the video out,when i plug a monitor a see a vertical lines : /

It's probably because your netbook defaults to mirroring when you plug in your second monitor. That means it's showing the desktop on both monitors. What you want is spanning, where one monitor becomes an extension of the other. There's ways to deal with that, so do a search. If you use NBI there's execs in the Extra's folder specifically there to deal with it.

BTW, I've never been able to get the external monitor working alone with the internal off on my N310 + os x. That would be preferable for better performance on the external, but alas...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy