• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I've just finished to install my Dell 150 Wireless card b/g/n ....

Works like a charm !

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Ok finally I fixed my sound problem... Not sure exactly how but for the record here is what I did.

First I took some time to remember when the sound ceased to work. After installing iATKOS the sound worked fine but I was obliged to run Netbook Install to have the trackpad and screen correctly supported. But after running Netbook Installer sound was gone.

:thumbsup_anim: At that point I was pretty confident that Netbook Installer was guilty. It is in fact installing a bunch of extensions and I then decided to do a little bit of house cleaning in /S/L/E and removed:

AppleHDA.kext
AppleHDA.kext.10.6.3
AppleHDA1062.kext
AppleTyMCEDriver.kext
AudioAUUC.kext
AudioIPCDriver.kext

By the way I am wondering how all those AppleHDA could live together...

Then I installed HDAEnabler.kext (not sure if necessary ?) and finally VoodooHDA 2.6.1 Snow L. I ran Update Extra, rebooted fingers crossed... And voilaaaa, sound was back working perfectly !!

Now, it seems that the VoodooHDA is still giving some KP from time to time at boot, I'll monitor that, but for the time being I am a happy man !!

:thumbsup_anim: :) :) :P :P :P

EDIT: It looks like the KP at boot was related to the hibernate thing that was not disabled (pmset -a hibernatemode 0). Also to circumven the audio settings to be reset at boot I followed the instructions here --> http://www.insanelym...howtopic=219591

Dannons

Dannons

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Had any luck with the external monitor through the VGA port yet?

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I did not spend time on the VGA thing, too busy with the sound until now.

In the few tests I've made at best I could only see garbage being sent to the external VGA... :)

The colors were changing while me moving the mouse so I presume it's a matter of signal sync or something.

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

There might be a solution here...

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1515657

USB card reader waking up the computer, that makes sens.

sulkyfellow

sulkyfellow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

Did you manage to get rid of the annoying larsen/feedback effect which occurs when booting OSX ?

I will try removing the "incompatible" kext tonight but so far I have been unscuccessful with getting rid of that annoying sound at startup although it disappears when voodoohda helper comes into action and sets my microphone gain to 0.

Cheers

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
See my reply here: http://www.insanelym...x.php...&st=0

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Woohoo... Finally I could manage to have the VGA out port working, and, two birds with one stone, I even have now the sleep working just fine !!!!

:( :( :) :P

And the solution is very simple: simply copy the DSDT.aml file from the N310 that you can find here http://www.insanelym...howtopic=221777 in your /Extra directory and reboot !

I'm sooo happy, now I only have on issue remaining: the keyboard map is not optimal, and I can't get the "Home" and "End" keys (Fn+PageUp and Fn+PageDown). EDIT: I used Ukelele to change the keyboard map and so far I'm happy with the result.

cappio

cappio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Woohoo... Finally I could manage to have the VGA out port working, and, two birds with one stone, I even have now the sleep working just fine !!!!

:) :P :P :P

And the solution is very simple: simply copy the DSDT.aml file from the N310 that you can find here http://www.insanelym...howtopic=221777 in your /Extra directory and reboot !

I'm sooo happy, now I only have on issue remaining: the keyboard map is not optimal, and I can't get the "Home" and "End" keys (Fn+PageUp and Fn+PageDown).

Sorry, where is extra folder?? tanks

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Open the Finder, Apple+G => Go To "/Extra", it will open the folder (hidden by default).

cappio

cappio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Open the Finder, Apple+G => Go To "/Extra", it will open the folder (hidden by default).

Tank you, but i don't have a folder extra because i use a darwin bootloader, not a cameleon whit extra folder for kext..

benlaug

benlaug

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to install 10.6.4 on my N130 and it doesn't works :S. Here is what I'm doing :

- I've made a USB boot disk with a Snow Leopard retail and netbook boot maker 0.8.3 (I have only a PPC mac and it's the last version compatible with).

- I install Snow Leopard, here, everything is ok.

- I'm trying to update to 10.6.4 with this method : I run netbook installer 0.8.4RC1, I click on install and just after I install the 10.6.4 combo update. After that, I restart, I have a bootscreen with the netbook installer logo and the computer restarts again and I have a kernel panic : "Unsupported CPU..."

Please, what is the method to update to 10.6.4 from a retail snow leo ?

Benjamin

benlaug

benlaug

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Finally, I have a solution : I boot with "recovery=y" and re-run netbook installer and it works.

Now I have a problem : the sound :(. With both VoodooHDA 2.6.0 and 2.6.2 i have larsen. I can't test 2.6.1, I can't found it.

For people with 10.6.4, what are you using for sound ?

Thanks

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I have 10.6.3 and use VoodooHDA 2.6.0 to avoid larsen...

benlaug

benlaug

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Thank you for your answer.

I have actually VoodooHDA 0.2.6.2. The problem is that I have larsen, but, when I change the volume of the micro in "Sound", nothing happened... the volume doesn't change :(.

The only solution I have for the moment is to put a cable in the micro input to disable the micro.

I tried with VoodooHDA 0.2.6.0 (with the link that you gave in another post) and the problem is worse ! I have the same issues, but in addition the sound is very very low !

So, if you have a solution to change the volume of the micro in a software way, it could be very great :censored2:.

Thanks,

Benjamin

benlaug

benlaug

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Nobody to help me :lol: ?

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
It's really weird because in my case everything is OK with VoodooHDA 2.6.0. Are you sure you ran UpdateExtra after installing the 2.6.0 ?

When does the larsen come ? At boot time or later ?

Can you post here the list of the extensions in your S/L/E directory ?

holmsius

holmsius

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hello =)

Thnx for the larsen effect issue, downgraded voodoohda.kext and added hdaenabler.kext now it works.

Anyway I want to share WIFI kext with you! YES!! it's finally works!!!! Default wifi card!! I wouldn't recommend to change wifi card because of warranty, my motherboard died last week, and it was changed after 2 days!!! So keep in mind that =)

Story about this kext.. there is one more release made by russian : http://blog.tdev.me/...-v1062-samsung/ This kext work only with attached IONetworking Kext.

After I booted that release on USB hdd and transferred everything with CarbonClonner, I've got working system, btw he have some kind of special chameleon for netbooks and explains in detail with UML diagrams what is the difference...

Anyway I have working wifi, vga port, sleep, usb.

Still haven't tried to get working brightness keys and ethernet. If somebody managed to get working ethernet - please give me kext or some instructions=)

Attached Files

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
My Ethernet card worked right out of the box at full speed ... For the brightness, I simply had to put the DSDT file from the N310 and now I can lower the brightness with Fn+F12 or adjust it through the control panel.

Thank you very much for the Atheros kext; this is great stuff.

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

My Ethernet card worked right out of the box at full speed ... For the brightness, I simply had to put the DSDT file from the N310 and now I can lower the brightness with Fn+F12 or adjust it through the control panel.

Thank you very much for the Atheros kext; this is great stuff.

Latest update:

I had to include a custom SMBIOS.plist file in the /Extra folder in order to emulate a MacBook Air, otherwise the Apple DVD Player would refuse to work because it can't found the internal DVD drive...

Here is the SMBIOS.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MBA11.88Z.00BB.B03.0803171226</string>
<key>SMboardmanufacter</key>
<string>Samsung</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>N130</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBookAir</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookAir1,1</string>
<key>SMmemspeed</key>
<string>667</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>00000001001000</string>
</dict>
</plist>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy