• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

cappio

cappio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
SAMSUNG N130 LEOPARD 10.5.4 (MSIWINDX86.ISO)
Posted Image

cpu= intel atom n270 160GHz MMX SSE(1, 2, 3, 3s) OK
chipset i945 OK
ram= 1024Mb 333mhz OK
video= Intel GMA 950 OK QE CI (2" monitor out in test - error, vertical bands in the video)
audio= alc267 realteck all OK - OUT monitor & Jack3.5out, IN MIC & jack3.5IN *****
lan ethernet= OK
webcam= OK
SD Card reader= OK
usb (x3)=ok with Attached File  IOUSBFamily_327.4.0.pkg.zip   1.33MB   158 downloads

sleep mode= WORK (tested by Alender)
multitouch= NOT WORK
scrolling= WORK (not tested)

wlan= (atheros ar9285 NO)
COMPATIBLE WI FI CARD
Dell 1397 OK AIRPORT **
Dell 1510 OK tested by mtest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUDIO SOLUTION *****
1) Download, install and run Attached File  Kext_Helper_b7.app.zip   1.2MB   224 downloads
2) donload & drag in KextHelper & install
Attached File  VoodooHDA.kext.zip   84.9KB   301 downloads
Attached File  HDAEnabler.kext.zip   10.73KB   274 downloads
3) Repair permission whit Disk Utility
4) Reboot & play!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REPLACE WIFI NETWORK CARD**

reccomended Dell 1397 B/G/N card

Where to buy: dell site for 40$ or ebay for 11$
How to: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAA1So69bas...player_embedded" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAA1So69bas...player_embedded</a>

IF THE CARD NOT WORK, INSTALL THIS KETX WHIT KEXTHELPER AND RESTART

Attached File  Dell_1397_wifi_driver.zip   1.72MB   137 downloads

cappio

cappio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
my samsung n130 arrived by mail yesterday.
Now I can test it properly ..
The first impression is that win7 startedEd. limits the potential of the machine.
On my previous netbook, a eeepc with XPlite, despite poor performance, working much faster.
Another negative characteristic is the absence of bluetooth, and the quality of the audio speaker, a small, single channel, and scratchy!
Great for everything else (especially for the price!)... comin soon

Guest: PeterJones1_*

Guest: PeterJones1_*
  • Guests
hi!

plz write soon about netbook

thanks

cappio

cappio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

hi!

plz write soon about netbook

thanks

topic update.

Apple Girl

Apple Girl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I installled the Hazard Snow Leopard package onto my nc10. seems ok apart from no sound.

Alender

Alender

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Hi

I installled the Hazard Snow Leopard package onto my nc10. seems ok apart from no sound.

the sleep mode work?

cappio

cappio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
New update!

Alender

Alender

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

New update!

Snow leopard work on n130 ;)

cappio

cappio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Snow leopard work on n130 :(

Hi,
yes I know, soon I'll try the version 10.6.2 by Hazard whit patch for intel atom.
you have used vanilla kernell or a patched version?
what you use for wifi? Tanks

Alender

Alender

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Hi,
yes I know, soon I'll try the version 10.6.2 by Hazard whit patch for intel atom.
you have used vanilla kernell or a patched version?
what you use for wifi? Tanks

first step : prepare a usb installation with snow leopard dvd retail+NetbookBootMaker.
second step : after installation update the kernel with netbookinstaller and use combo update to going to 10.6.3.
Now,with new release of netbookinstaller i update the system to 10.6.4

My wifi card is Broadcom. I don't remember now the version :P my thread was canceled

v-strom

v-strom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Im spanish and Im one Samsung N130 with XP and MsiWindosx86 (Mac osx 10.5.4).
Your recomended format, and install this last version of Snow Leopard? or updating?

Where is the best aplications for Mac and this ATOM?

Thank`s and sorry with my english!

Alender

Alender

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
sleep work :unsure:

cappio

cappio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

sleep work ;)

Today is arrived the wifi card.. i have installed a kext (look on top of page) and now full work airport!

Alender, how i can for patch sleep mode? you have a kext? please write here a small guide Tank's!!

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
The Dell 1397 is B/G only, not B/G/N.

You should opt for the Dell 1510 (10 bucks more expensive) to have a working B/G/N out of the box.

Thanks for sharing all the info, I"ve juste ordered my N130 with a 2 GB memory module and a Dell 1510 wifi half-size mini pci-e adapter...

In few days time I'll be following your traces.

Great stuff.

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Could you confirm that the whole installation process is similar to what is described here:

http://www.mymacnetb...-dell-mini-10v/

Thanks.

Alender

Alender

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Today is arrived the wifi card.. i have installed a kext (look on top of page) and now full work airport!

Alender, how i can for patch sleep mode? you have a kext? please write here a small guide Tank's!!

look this :D http://www.insanelym...howtopic=221777

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi,
Just to add my personnal experience to this... I've just finished to install OSX SL 10.6.3 on my N130.

I did it using the iATKOS S3 v2 image... Had to restore it to an external hard drive and then run NetBook Installer (0.8.4 rc 1) on the USB partition otherwise the N130 would not boot on the external drive (just hang with a blinking cursor or even worse go into a reboot loop !).

The install process went very smoothly, it was a little bit long but that's the price to pay to enter the Geek's heaven.

On the next reboot I had a bad larsen coming from the speaker, it seems that the mic is not muted and I could not figure out how to mute it.

Network wifi is not showing, but the Ethernet is working fine, althought only working at 100 Mbps half duplex for now, that's an other thing I will have to fix.

Trackpad is also working fine, two fingers scrolling with no problem (enabled through the control panel).

I plugged my bluetooth dongle and configured my Apple Magic Mouse as if it was all perfectly natural. Amazing.

^_^ ;) :)

To summarize: great experience, I'm now waiting for my Wifi card replacement to enjoy my little hackintosh !

EDIT: Okay, so at the next reboot I had to deal with an error saying "header read size 200 incorrect image size". Something to deal with the hibernate mode. I disabled it via the command "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0", we'll see if this works.

EDIT2: The VGA port does not work. For some reasons the system changes the resolution of the desktop but there is no signal on the port.

After fixing the hibernate mode thing I could not manage to have the system boot normally -i.e. directly from the netbook HD. The bootloader shows and then I can briefly see an apple logo on a grey background and immediately the system reboots.

The weird thing is that booting on the USB iATKOS install disk and then selecting my fresh OSX install in the bootloader menu worked just fine.

Then I tried to use Netbook Installer to see if this could fix the issue but no luck. After using Netbook Installer the system was crashing with a kernel panic related to the org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA extension.

Now I'm reinstalling the whole thing.

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Quick update regarding my own experience...

I had hard time to have the OSX booting normally from the netbook hard drive. First I could only boot my OSX partition through the bootloader on the USB external drive used to install the OS.

Replacing the kernel install on the HD partition did the trick, see http://www.insanelym...howtopic=224928

Now here is the situation:

System: OK and stable, booting normally
Screen: OK
Webcam: OK
Trackpad: OK, including two fingers scrolling
Card reader: OK
USB ports: OK
Ethernet: OK
Sound: OK
Wifi: OK, with a replacement card Dell 1510
VGA out port: KO, monitor detected, can send signal to it but shows only garbage, any idea ?
Sleep: KO, goes to sleep but wakes up immediately with a black screen...

Not too bad ! :P :P :wacko: :( :P :P :P :D :D :P :P

Quick tip: enable the SSH service on your OSX as soon as you can to be able to cleanly reboot the computer remotely this helped me a lot during my tests when the keyboard & mouse does not work any more or when the display gets screwed

EDIT: For reference, here are the steps to follow to install iATKOS S3 v2 on a Samsung N130 (NP-N130)...

PART A - Preparing the Installation
1. Download the iATKOS-S3-v2 ISO image
2. Restore to your USB drive using Disk Utility on a working Mac
3. Make the USB drive bootable with Netbook BootMaker

optional: upgrade your BIOS to the latest version

PART B - Installing the System
4. Change your BIOS setting to boot on USB drive
5. Boot on your USB drive
6. Customize the OSX install as you want, my recommendation is to remove VoodooHDA support and add SleepEnabler
7. Wait for the installation to finish
8. Next reboot, let the computer boot on the USB drive, select your HDD OSX partition in the boot menu
9. Once the installation finishes, use a terminal command line to replace your kernel /mach_kernel with the one on the USB drive /Volumes/iATKOS.../mach_kernel
10. Shutdown the computer

PART C - Post-Installation
11. Remove the USB drive
12. Attach USB keyboard and mouse to the netbook
13. Boot normally - OSX should show but with a wrong display resolution, netbook keyboard and keypad not working
14. Run Netbook Installer (in the Applications folder)
15. Uncheck "Install bootloader" (the one already installed should be fine)
16. Check "Install General Extensions" and "Generate DSDT"
17. Uncheck all the rest and click on Install
18. Be patient. Once finished, reboot.

Done !

cappio

cappio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Trackpad: OK, including two fingers scrolling

Hi, what you use for enable scrolling? in System Preference i don't have this options..

could be useful for this project-linux multitouch in a hackintosh?
thanks

mtest

mtest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi Cappio,
Unfortunately my knowledge of the extensions is too limited to be able to precisely answer your question.

I can only tell you that this feature has been added after i ran Netbook Installer 0.8.4 and selected the option "Install General Extensions".

After reboot, in the System Prefs, I get a new item called "Trackpad" (see below). Two figers scrolling (and more) can be configured through this pref pane, in the advanced options.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy