• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

zek

zek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i wanted osx to be my primary OS so i followed the tutorial and set the osx partition as my primary. the only exception is that the darwin bootloader loads up osx instantly..it doesn't give me a boot option.

how can i get my windows partition back, or at least get acronis back to allow me to switch os's?

Xenokira

Xenokira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
never used Acronis, but if you boot from the Partition Magic disc and go into boot magic, you can select which OS to partition to boot from.

belgrano

belgrano

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
zek search for "com.apple.Boot.plist" in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. Open it with Text Edit.
Basically you have to add:
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>8</string>
next to the other keys.

You can replace 8 with what value you want. It is the time (in seconds) until Darwin boots to the default OS.

zek

zek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
excellent thank you both for your help:D great to come home from work with great answers :glare: thanks

Xenokira

Xenokira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
zek: np.

belgrano: Is it possible to change the default OS for Darwin? As of late I have only been using the Darwin boot loader between Windows and OSX, which is fine except that I would prefer it defaulted to Windows instead of OSX.

belgrano

belgrano

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
AFAIK it's not possible.

Xenokira

Xenokira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
okay, thanks :)

dakine

dakine

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 161 posts
I have XP and OSX on different physical hard drives, I can select which drive to boot by pressing F8 after the BIOS Post test, then I can select with drive to boot from.

Just my 2 cents

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy