10.6.3 SleepEnabler cause screen backlight didn't wake up?

Mowd

10 posts in this topic

I'm using ThinkPad X60 and upgrade to 10.6.3. After using 10.6.3 SleepEnabler.kext I'm able to sleep. But when I wake up, the screen backlight doesn't turn on. I can see the system has been wake up but the screen backlight just won't turn on. Anybody can help me?

I'm using ThinkPad X60 and upgrade to 10.6.3. After using 10.6.3 SleepEnabler.kext I'm able to sleep. But when I wake up, the screen backlight doesn't turn on. I can see the system has been wake up but the screen backlight just won't turn on. Anybody can help me?

I am having the same issue on an EeePC 1000heb netbook. By chance, are you using the GMA950 ?

Yes. ThinkPad X60 use GMA950 kext and it was normal in OSX 10.6.2.

Are you using the vanilla kexts? I brought back the patched kexts from 10.6.2 and I am wondering if those kexts in 10.6.3 need to be patches.

I also found this article that shows how to patch your dsdt in order to get display resume. I have to get to work early this AM so I won't be able to try it until I get home later this evening. Feel free to try it:

http://www.infinitemac.com/f84/various-dsdt-mods-t1960/

Fix blank screen on wake..

On the 1000H, the screen is blank on wake, you will need to press the brightness key to turn it on. Current fix is to use Sleep watcher and Reggie to write direct to turn it on.

By modding the DSDT to set brightness, you can fix this issue.

Method (WAK, 1, NotSerialized) //WAKE up

{

\_SB.PCI0.SBRG.EC0.EC0W (Arg0)

\_SB.PCI0.NWAK (Arg0)

\_SB.PCI0.SBRG.SWAK (Arg0)

LPWK (Arg0)

Store(\_SB.ATKD.PBLG(),local0) //---> Get Brightness level from NVS

\_SB.ATKD.PBLS(local0) //---> Set Brightness level.

}

Add the 2 red lines to reset the brightness on wake.

Your Method name might be different on your system, look for something similar.

you also need to find out which method to get and set brightness.

can be used for some other issue.

• 1 month later...
i have the same problem .my Asus n61 can sleep ,but black screen wake up,,idose anybody hnow how to path the dsdt?3Q

Hello.

I am an owner of an Asus n61 and have tried of thousand forms to install Snow Leopard always with the same result... KP

Would you be so nice of indicating me that you have followed method to install it?

Thank you.

I know that this topic is not exactly related, but the forum won't allow me to create a new one...

So, i updated from 10.6.2 to 10.6.3.

Before that everything worked perfectly.

At reboot i get a Kernel Panic because "kernel version and CPU IDs don't match", and the Stack Trace points out that the exception happened in SleepEnabler.kext.

So, what i can do to remove that (useless in my desktop pc) kext, while i can't boot?

I can still access the mac disk from windows.

Thanks for any help! :D

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

im having a similar issue on my samsung nc10, im not entirely sure if its even going in to sleep mode fully. any ideas?

im running 10.6.3 and i searched for the text inside the dsdt but unable to find it. plus i dont have the sleepenabler.kext but something called lipsleep.kext. attached dsdt.aml too

https://www.dropbox.com/s/feoe648i7i3tv6a/DSDT.dsl.zip?dl=0