10.6.3 available via Softwareupdate

dubhead

40 posts in this topic

Updated in my HP Pavilion dv6000 series and without problems.

As said in this forum, Sleepenable must be replace to this new version works for me.

But any other problem.

Really one major update: now I detect the Airpot (intel wifi 3945). And the light is blue (active) no orange (inactive) but I haven't get to making it working. :(

But everything went right.

No problem with the update.

Thanks friends for this page!

I'd be wary of 10.6.3. There are painful performance drops in OpenGL: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=arti..._1063&num=1.

Painful to very few people. The noted performance drops are in a) a game that nobody's ever heard of, running at 800x600 which is a resolution that nobody uses today (it's fine in higher resolutions!) and b) a synthetic benchmark program. Admittedly a 40% performance drop is extreme, but then they say that there weren't any performance drops in anything else they tried.

I got a +800 FPS overall increase in the OpenGL Extensions Viewer benchmark after updating to 10.6.3. ;) What do you think about that?

Look (FPS were in the low 3000s in 10.6.2): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=68954

Game graphics performance in my Parallels 5.0 Windows XP installation has improved as well. Unfortunately I don't have the numbers to back up my claim, I never did any benchmarking.

Hi Beerkex'd,

I use this DSDT patch you pointed, USB devices are working fine after update, except for one thing: if I wake the computer from sleep using the keyboard or mouse (USB) they stop working until I disconnect and reconnect them.

I disabled the BIOS option "ACPI Wake From USB Device" but if I press a mouse button or a key on the keyboard when the computer is sleeping, when I wake it up (using power button) the keyboard and mouse are not working. The problem is that I'm used to wake up the system using the mouse. The workaround I found was removing _PRW from the USB device where I connect the keyboard and mouse.

Don't you have this issue with your mobo?

Thanks.

Dear oldnapalm

I also encounter this issue while updating to 10.6.3. and also search the solution.

Very appreciate for workaround that you provide, but I have not test it.

I want to make sure "removing _PRW" that means remove all _PRW code under what

UHC"n" I plug my muose. For example, If I use UHC1 for my USB Mouse, all thing I need to do is

to delet the following code. Am I right ?

Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)

{

If (Arg0)

{

Store (0x03, USBW)

}

Else

{

Store (Zero, USBW)

}

}

Dear oldnapalm

I also encounter this issue while updating to 10.6.3. and also search the solution.

Very appreciate for workaround that you provide, but I have not test it.

I want to make sure "removing _PRW" that means remove all _PRW code under what

UHC"n" I plug my muose. For example, If I use UHC1 for my USB Mouse, all thing I need to do is

to delet the following code. Am I right ?

Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)

{

If (Arg0)

{

Store (0x03, USBW)

}

Else

{

Store (Zero, USBW)

}

}

Finally I get another solution.

Using the 10.6.2 IOUSBHIDDriver.kext to instead of 10.6.3 IOUSBHIDDriver.kext.

1.You can find this kext in the IOUSBFamily/Content/PlugIns

2.Just replace 10.6.3 IOUSBHIDDriver.kext by using 10.6.2 IOUSBHIDDriver.kext.

3.Using kext Utility to install IOUSBFamily.kext

4.Repair permissions/

5.Reboot.

This issue would be fixed. Notice I only test with My Logitech USB mouse. Not test USB Keyboard yet. I use PS2 keyboard.

Above information is from this thread : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...8920&st=840

Just installed it on a vanilla system. Broke AppleHDA (+legacy), and no more 64-bit GMA950 drivers.

Fixed Graphics by booting into 32-bit mode.

Fixed sound by installing VoodooHDA 0.2.56

System now boots in 15 Sec :soldiers:

Thanks Beerkex'd for the bin hacked file :wub: , I was using a modified 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext with a higher version number so it takes precedence over the 10.6.3 one.

PS: Sorry for not logging in before, I just read your message requesting the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext, glad you got it from somewhere else.

Thanks Beerkex'd for the bin hacked file :angel: , I was using a modified 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext with a higher version number so it takes precedence over the 10.6.3 one.

PS: Sorry for not logging in before, I just read your message requesting the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext, glad you got it from somewhere else.

Yeah. Your pretty lucky.

Hi Beerkex'd,

I use this DSDT patch you pointed, USB devices are working fine after update, except for one thing: if I wake the computer from sleep using the keyboard or mouse (USB) they stop working until I disconnect and reconnect them.

I disabled the BIOS option "ACPI Wake From USB Device" but if I press a mouse button or a key on the keyboard when the computer is sleeping, when I wake it up (using power button) the keyboard and mouse are not working. The problem is that I'm used to wake up the system using the mouse. The workaround I found was removing _PRW from the USB device where I connect the keyboard and mouse.

Don't you have this issue with your mobo?

Thanks.

Same issue here and this works for me too.

Only obvious problem is that now keyboard and mouse no longer wake ***EDIT** THE MACHINE UP from sleep !

D.

Same issue here and this works for me too.

Only obvious problem is that now keyboard and mouse no longer wake ***EDIT** THE MACHINE UP from sleep !

D.

In some mobos it can be fixed using previous IOUSBHIDDriver (see logok's post above), and some don't have this issue.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1437980

10.6.3 update:

Everything works fine at Dell D630

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2,2GHz, 800MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache (Vanilla Kernel)

RAM: 2x2GB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz

VGA: Intel GMA x3100 144MB (DSDT.aml)

HDD: WD 500GB SATA-II in AHCI mode

Sound: Sigmatel 9205 (voodooHDA.kext)

LAN: Broadcom 57xx Gigabyt ethernet

WLAN: Dell Wireless 1505: Broadcom BCM 4328

• 3 weeks later...
Boot from whatever Mac OS X installer disk you have, open a terminal from utilities menu, cd to your hard disc where 10.6.3 is installed, delete sleepenabler.kext, delete extensions.mkext, reboot, you are alive and kicking again. Same happened to me. No big deal.

Cheers

S.

I've been able to boot into install DVD and start Terminal after 10.6.3. I used "cd /Volumes/MacOSX" to get to my volume. Then I tried to use "rm System/Library/sleepenabler.kext" but I don't think the file even existed. I also tried to delete Extensions.mkext but have no idea where it is. Can anybody help? Thank you!