10.6.3 available via Softwareupdate

dubhead

40 posts in this topic

just updated Dell Optiplex 755 and everything seems to be working as it was before, will be doing my zotac and MSI phenom systems in about 12 hours

--

Yozik

EDIT: looks like I was a little too quick on that reply, after a second reboot I found taht my CMOS fix in DSDT no longer works, oh well :-(

P5Q-E with C2Q9550, just did the pig run and updated to 10.6.3. Everything still seems to work like before, including sleep.

Use latest SleepEnabler patched for 10.6.3, otherwise you'll get a KP.

Cheers

S.

smillo,

Which BIOS version are you using and could you attach your DSDT.dsl please if you have one.

Thanks.

/EDIT

10.6.3 AppleHDA killed my AD2000B sound - using THe KiNG's injector + DSDT HDEF device (fixed - see page 2).

Otherwise everything seems fine so far.

My OpenGL Extensions Viewer scores (OpenGL 1.1 - 2.0) went up by ~800 FPS, finally on par with the results I had with the Nvidia Geforce GTX drivers back in 10.5.8:

post-188427-1269901499_thumb.png

smillo,

Which BIOS version are you using and could you attach your DSDT.dsl please if you have one.

Thanks.

I just use latest original BIOS version from Asus. DSDT as generated by DSDT Gui Patcher, so I didn't need to do anything weird.

Trouble with sleep? I only have "normal sleep" working, not "deep sleep" (does not make much sense anyway with a lot of RAM).

Cheers

S.

Except "Unknown" Processor and "Unknown" graphics card, it still works, so I must say all went fine, ohh removed "SleepEnabler" prior to installing update. Both cpu and gpu was "known" with 10.6.2.

Asus P5KPL-AM EPU

Intel q9400 Core2quad

Geforce 9400/512

Mårten "The Switchover"

Everything Ok after 10.6.3 :(

even gained 3~2 C Degrees on CPU

hardcore dsdt patching with those kexts:

+ fakesmc

+ voodoobat

+ voodoops2

+ cpuinjector

+ legacy (ahci & speedstep)

+ voodoohda

Greetz

hey a i have hazard install on my asus striker 2 formula. everything seems to work fine but after 10.6.3 my computer doesn't boot up i think is something about sleepenabler because thas the problem that shows up when i try to boot up . any ideas guys ?????

thanks in advance

hey a i have hazard install on my asus striker 2 formula. everything seems to work fine but after 10.6.3 my computer doesn't boot up i think is something about sleepenabler because thas the problem that shows up when i try to boot up . any ideas guys ?????

thanks in advance

Boot from whatever Mac OS X installer disk you have, open a terminal from utilities menu, cd to your hard disc where 10.6.3 is installed, delete sleepenabler.kext, delete extensions.mkext, reboot, you are alive and kicking again. Same happened to me. No big deal.

Cheers

S.

Boot from whatever Mac OS X installer disk you have, open a terminal from utilities menu, cd to your hard disc where 10.6.3 is installed, delete sleepenabler.kext, delete extensions.mkext, reboot, you are alive and kicking again. Same happened to me. No big deal.

Cheers

S.

Thanks man i will try it later but thank you so much.....

If 10.6.3 overwrote your patched USB kexts you can

-Reinstall your previous patched USB kexts (might not work)

-Wait for updated patched kexts for 10.6.3 (might take forever)

or

-Patch your USB devices in DSDT and never worry about it again.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=168014

Hi Beerkex'd,

I use this DSDT patch you pointed, USB devices are working fine after update, except for one thing: if I wake the computer from sleep using the keyboard or mouse (USB) they stop working until I disconnect and reconnect them.

I disabled the BIOS option "ACPI Wake From USB Device" but if I press a mouse button or a key on the keyboard when the computer is sleeping, when I wake it up (using power button) the keyboard and mouse are not working. The problem is that I'm used to wake up the system using the mouse. The workaround I found was removing _PRW from the USB device where I connect the keyboard and mouse.

Don't you have this issue with your mobo?

Thanks.

Kari:

could you please attach it to your post, I forgot about our conversation and didn't make a backup of it before updating.

I'll let you know if I find a fix to get the new one working. Never mind, got it.

OldNapalm:

I don't have S3 or S4 working at all since 10.6.1. I don't remember having an issue similar to yours - my USB devices don't need patching, I have ICH10R. But I've used zhell's method to patch my LPC device to get native speedstepping working.

S3 and S4 don't work in Windows 7 retail either - but worked fine in the Windows 7 RC.

Today I took my PC apart and put it together outside the case with just one stick of RAM, only keyboard/mouse connected, video card and a HDD with a fresh Linux Mint install. I even tried changing CPU, dropped in an old P4 3.00 GHz, pulled battery, reset CMOS, etc etc. Guess what, S3 and S4 didn't work in Linux either...maybe my motherboard is broken. Last thing to try is another PSU.

Beerkex'd,

about your audio:

In my laptop (ALC888) audio stopped working after update, so I edited the kext's binary replacing 8508EC10 by 8808EC10 and it works.

ALC888 = 0x10EC0888

ALC889a = 0x10EC0885 (still works after update)

My desktop mobo has AD1988B (0x11D4198B) and it's still working after the update, so maybe if you replace 8B19D411 (4 occurrences) by your card codec in the kext binary, it works.

That's exactly what I've been doing. I found some hints in THe KiNG's HDA thread over at ProjectOSX. I've replaced the 1988B codec device ID with mine and it's working now.

Attached - 10.6.3 AppleHDA binary patched for AD2000B.

AppleHDA.zip

hi, can any one update ad2000b.kext for 10.6.3??