Disk utility doesn’t recognizes my hdd

sparkle

12 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I followed different tutorials on how to install Mac OS X 10.4.6 on my PC, now some say to format your drive using FAT32, some said using AF and other one's were saying i must make my partition Primary while others said to change my partition to Logical.

So. Now after a couple of minutes i configurated my drive as i thought it was good (see the screenshot below). By the way.. i setted my partition to active too!

Only Disk utility doesn’t recognizes my hdd at all (as in: it only display my dvd-drive)! So i was wondering if someone could tell me what i did wrong? :blink:

Thanks in advance!

Im looking forward to install Mac OS Tiger on my 2x 300gb SATA RAID 0 configuration :happymac:

post-43684-1152280792_thumb.gif

If you got to the installer where to choose where to install OSX (I think I understand you that is where you got) and you see NO hard drive, then there is NO hfs partition/mac partition. Go up to the top and click Tools, the Disk Utility. Select that partition you want to use and erase it. This puts the label you want on it and makes it a Mac partition. When done, close the Disk Utility in the OS X installer and now that partition will show up. Select it and continue installation.

EDIT: I would make the partition you want OS X on to be a unique size so you won't erase your other partitions. Just a tip. :happymac:

If you got to the installer where to choose where to install OSX (I think I understand you that is where you got) and you see NO hard drive, then there is NO hfs partition/mac partition. Go up to the top and click Tools, the Disk Utility. Select that partition you want to use and erase it. This puts the label you want on it and makes it a Mac partition. When done, close the Disk Utility in the OS X installer and now that partition will show up. Select it and continue installation.

EDIT: I would make the partition you want OS X on to be a unique size so you won't erase your other partitions. Just a tip. ;)

Ey sandmanfvrga, read the topic title closley: Disk utility doesn’t recognizes my hdd. :happymac: I like to know why it doesnt recognize my hdd/partition :blink: Thanks for the reply though.

Is your hdd a SATA disc?

I'm also trying to install tiger, but disc utility recoganize none of my hdds.

I have 2 SATA hdd installed on my PC

I wonder if it is the reason of SATA ?

If true, how can I overcome it ?

Yes i have 2 SATA hdd's in RAID 0.

Ah ok, just wondered. I got 10.4.6 installed and when it came up to select the destination, no drive. Had to remember to use Disk Utility. Sorry about that. :thumbsdown_anim:
Could you maybe post a screenshot of your partition table if you got the appropriate software installed on your pc? Maybe i could learn something from it.

The partition in Disk Utility? Sure, when I get home.
Lol, actually what i meant is your partition table within Windows (something compareable with my screenshot) i know what it looks like in Disk Utility, i also have a iMac at home.

Same situation here.

Disk utility does not recognize my HDD

I think the problem is integrated SATA controler

My mobo is Asrock 939 Dual SATA2 with Uli chipset. Uli chipset have native sata controler like intel chipsets and does not need additional drivers. So if Sata controler is native on this chipset why is not recognized?