10.6.3 Released !

commissio

293 posts in this topic

I am trying to get this working on my system as well but by using a 10.6.3 install disk

Method used was the same as creating a 10.6.0 install disk and install disk works fine

Patched install ( hard drive ) same as 10.6.0 ( 10.6.2 updated ) and removed sleep enabler as this caused a KP

All now seems fine until the monitor goes to sleep and has no video input and that is as far as it gets black screen

System is

X48-DS5

HIS ATI Radeon 4670 card with VGA DVI and HDMI outputs and yes I have tried using the VGA and DVI ( with DVI to VGA ) adapter

Not sure if my DSDT.aml file I have is for this video card or the previous X2600 video card but cant see that this would be the issue as it is working in 10.6.2

I have copied the boot file to the root directory and the extras folder but still no joy.

Anyone else here with the X4670 card and what did you do to make it work ?

yea, tried that, actually i dont use virtual memory anyway

How did you do that and why, are you sure that's a smart thing to do?

I've heard about moving the swapfile but not about disabling it entirely.

• 2 weeks later...

hi i am using MSI board with model no MS-7501 with AMD Phenom 8450 Triple core Processor,and i am interested to install mac 10.6.3 Snow Leopard.on my pc.

Can any one suggest me whether this version will be installed on my pc or not.

Just updated my ASUS G51VX to 10.6.3. Removed sleepenabler.kext before updating. Update completed without any issues and everything still works. :)

Can any one comfirm this is all that is needed to update on the G51VX? I have tried updating not knowing about sleep enabler.

New to all this so all I have to do is delete that ktext (after finding it with spotlight) and I should be good?

Also, before I do this, if I have any problems...what would I need to do to savlage my install? I have macdrive (or something) installed on my windows 7 (it's trial but it works) so i can access the drive out of OS X.

Is there and easy guide to making a usb key for mac? What size would I need?

I have a few drives I could use for external mac but still...just wanna make sure since I don't wanna reinstall again..takes about an hour to install and I can't be bothered to do that again.

I am starting to relized how much rubbish windows is...but I am a gamer (not in gaming mode tho right now so) so i am damned with it (sims works on mac!!!! all i need)

Can any one comfirm this is all that is needed to update on the G51VX? I have tried updating not knowing about sleep enabler.

New to all this so all I have to do is delete that ktext (after finding it with spotlight) and I should be good?

Also, before I do this, if I have any problems...what would I need to do to savlage my install? I have macdrive (or something) installed on my windows 7 (it's trial but it works) so i can access the drive out of OS X.

Is there and easy guide to making a usb key for mac? What size would I need?

I have a few drives I could use for external mac but still...just wanna make sure since I don't wanna reinstall again..takes about an hour to install and I can't be bothered to do that again.

I am starting to relized how much rubbish windows is...but I am a gamer (not in gaming mode tho right now so) so i am damned with it (sims works on mac!!!! all i need)

I (stupidly enough) just installed the package using the software update in Snow and it worked a treat. Probably really lucky not to have gotten a KP. I'm on a Dell 1525...update from 10.6.0

I confirm that sleepenabler is the KPer...

Funny that even before or after with the new sleep enabler ....I can't sleep..just get a blank screeen...and it never comes back...lucky tho from what I have read that those trying to use it...have actually killed SL because they get as far as partially making a sleep file or something and then it KPs ...then SL wants to load that and goes through an infinity KP loop...hard to fix too from what I have read..

Least I have 95% of everything working ..

GTX260M

battery bar (thank god)

sound (partial and I don;t know why...out put but no input even tho the mic is present in input...)

both cores and 64bit (least it says 64bit enabled ..haven't got a 64bit app to test)

bluetooth....

built in webcam

Things that don't work or semi work

wifi (dam intel...i got a dell coming tho)

sleep...

sound (for input, but I have a usb dongle )

keyboard short cuts (can't adjust the vol...but i have a work around so...)

I have an update to give...

I have no idea if it is just me or not, but for my asus g51vx...if I update to 1.6.3 I no longer can use my HDMI and I also seem to not be able to play the Sims 3...I get a blank screen

10.6.2 is what I am on now, because of that, I need my HDMI for movies so I will wait for more information on why that is happening.

I have had so much soooo sooo much trouble with all this to be honestly, I have reinstalled OSX over 10 times...primarily because I would break the OS. Now I am stable, with a few inconveniences at times.

Hi everybody!!!

I'm on 10.6.3 with a Nvidia 9800GT and i can use my Sony bravia as second screen with my DVI/HDMI cable!!!!!!

If you want to do it, just follow these steps:

Download MacPro8800GT.ROM.zip here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219232

Then do exactly what Cheww did on his post right here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...4129&st=160

it works perfectly for me!!!!!!

Hope it will help you!