10.6.3 Released !

commissio

293 posts in this topic

You're seeing the difference between the delta and combo updates. In your case, OS X has detected that you only need the 10.6.2 - 10.6.3 update, not the complete 10.6 - 10.6.3.

Sleepenabler will always panic if it isn't matched to the kernel version, so it would appear that 10.6.3 includes a new kernel.

EDIT: yep. 10.3 kernel. There also doesn't appear to be a performance increase in OpenGL scores. At least, not on my Macbook. I'll have to test that out on the desktop hack tonight.

did you use a cpupm disabler kext?

I have in my /Extra:

fakesmc, IOAHCIBolckStorageInjector, JMicronATA, NullCPUPowerManagement, OpenHaltRestart & PlatformUUID (and till now Sleepenabler)

in the Systemfolder i have VoodooHDA and RealtekR1000 installed.

think I will wait to do this update.

if I delete sleepenabler and update I won't be able to boot into mac os x and have the desktop show, I have to put it into sleep and wake it at the moment every time I boot as I get a blue screen and no desktop... waking it up after sleeping the desktop shows fine.

I think this is because I'm connected via VGA which is the furthest output on my GT220 from the motherboard... DVI is the closest so I think it's looking for a screen on that one first.

So how would I do this? when there is a sleepenenabler made for 10.6.3 do I put it in the folder before I update or would I somehow have to do it afterwards?

Sorry to sound noobish.

kp during install, but I believe it is because my Disabler kext wasnt working right.

10.6.3 is WAAAAAY better when it comes to graphics support for 46xx series. Its like day and night.

I thought i'd suck it up and go ahead and update and Actually it worked! I didn't get the blue screen this time upon booting. but now my Realtek ALC888S Audio has quit... I saw the scroll at boot saying about audio but not working in 10.6.3 everything else = perfecto so far!

EDIT: the audio shows up in system profiler as it did in 10.6.2 but sound pref pane says no audio devices :)

Holy heck 10.6.3 seems to have fixed the issue I have been having with disk utility not verifying permissions so it looks like I will be able to fix them now! on 10.6.2 it kept showing red text about "No packages found for this disk"