30 replies to this topic

syncom

syncom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hi,
I have a netbook asus model 1001ha. I want install snow leopard on my netbook and I'm looking for a guide.

Help me, please

r0b3rt™

r0b3rt™

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
I have send you a PM ;-)

mightycrown

mightycrown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Can you please pm me as well. I have the exact model, but came across 1000HA AND 1005HA Tut, but never found a suitable one for 1001HA

I have send you a PM ;-)

r0b3rt™

r0b3rt™

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Well...
i will make a Guide for everyone and than can everyone install SL on the EeePC^^

but mightycrownG i had send you an PM ;-)

Good Luck^

allenpan

allenpan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
can u send me a pm too? i have 1000HE and i having hard to even to install leopard 15.8 (ideneb 1.6 dvd...)

siddddddo

siddddddo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
wow, good luck to you!

r0b3rt™

r0b3rt™

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
take a look at this (myBlog)

http://osx86.square7.ch/

erseco

erseco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I also have an asus 1001HA, is possible to install ideneb 1.6?

r0b3rt™

r0b3rt™

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
it's possible, but you can use the vanilla^^ also with Atom, you only must use a patched kernel

take a look at my blog http://www.osx86.square7.ch

dionroymusic

dionroymusic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hey did you guys ever get the 1000HA working? Do I have to replace the Wireless card in the 1000HA? ''I can't find any recent information on this particular model.

Does anyone know if the Netbookinstaller installation will work for this? Appreciate if anyone has a link or info on how to hack the Asus 1000HA

All the info I can find is for 10.5 etc. Im looking for Snow Leopard 10.6.3.

Thanks!

Dion

hiltron

hiltron

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Well...
i will make a Guide for everyone and than can everyone install SL on the EeePC^^

but mightycrownG i had send you an PM ;-)

Good Luck^

Hello,

The 1001ha seems to be a very popular netbook that people want to install osx on yet the only problem seems to be the wireless adapter. Is it possible to just pay someone to write a driver for this to make the whole thing work? Is is that simple? I am sure enough people would want to pool their money for access to something like this.

Thanks

mightycrown

mightycrown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
dude. just order yourself a compatible card for WLAN. No one is bothered to develop a driver, it is time consuming.
This laptop is flawless with a compatible WLAN card.

MKEGuy

MKEGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
nice

User1690

User1690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Seems wifi wont work for the 1001HA for a while, unless im missing something. Ah well.

gcalpacket

gcalpacket

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hello all newbie here tried the search but no luck.

I want install snow leopard on my netbook Asus 1001ha and I'm looking for a guide.

Help me, please help :P

mightycrown

mightycrown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Seems wifi wont work for the 1001HA for a while, unless im missing something. Ah well.

wifi works. download the driver from there official site. its a utility that port your wifi card as a usb adapter wifi

Disco Stu

Disco Stu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
mightycrownG, do you have a link please ?

Can someone make a guide to install OS X on our 1001HA please ? Or a link :censored2:

Thx.

nico517

nico517

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Location:The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
As I posted in another topic on the same model, the Mechdrew guide for installing a vanilla retail copy of snow leopard works perfectly for the 1001ha. And it is entirely possible to get the standard wifi working without replacing it. Just use the wireless utility provided by Ralink themselves posted on the Macintosh section of there website.

As I said in the other topic, Snow Leopard runs well on this model, but you have to initialise the Ralink Wireless Utility every time you switch on. I have set it up so that this program is opened on logon and have saved a profile for my wireless network so that it starts up without me having to configure it each time. One note for this software, I have noticed that if you leave it running there are sometimes issues with it randomly disconnecting, i suggest that as soon as you see that a connection has been established you quit the program, which will leave the wifi card running nicely until you next turn off/on.

I hope very much that i have been of assistance, if anybody has any problems/queries post in one of these topics about the 1001HA or pm me and I'll be happy to help further.

Nico

Disco Stu

Disco Stu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thx for your help :D

Which Mechdrew method did you use ? Have you installed OS X from USB or DVD ? (because if USB works, it would be great because I don't want to buy an external dvd drive...)

nico517

nico517

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Location:The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
I used the Mechdrew guide that explains how to install Snow Leopard via USB. I just used a large fast SD card for the OS X.6 install disk and a small USB thumb drive for the bootloader.

Please bear in mind that I used the method that explains how to use Linux to get this running, worked perfectly for me but if you use a different guide ymmv. I can't see the other guides not working, going by the simplicity of the guide and the ease with which I managed the install.

Also, along with Ralinks' software to get the stock WiFi card working there is now a kext made for the 1005/1008HA that allows the 1001HAs' Ethernet port to work perfectly. This is actually due to the 1001HA being essentially the same hardware, to the point where if you disassemble your 100HA you will see that many of the internals are labelled with 1005HA instead of 1001HA.

Obviously this shows that there is a good chance that any guides/patches made for the 1005HA will likely work with the 1001HA.

Once again, I hope I have been of assistance to anybody wanting to OS Xify this brilliant little netbook,

Nico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy