Keys out of order Rebuilding catalog b-tree (RESOLVED)

3 posts in this topic

Hey all I am very new to the hackintoh scene. I recently built a core i7 hackintosh that you can see in my config. About a week ago I bought a 1tb SATA drive as an internal time machine drive. I installed it. Worked well did back ups and all. I notived that my chamelon took a little longer to load but it was fine. About 3 days ago my time machone drive gave me a -999 error and stated it was ony read only and could not back up data. So my files were backed up on time machine but it would not add more files.

Suddenly when I would open a folder. The borders woudl appear distorted with lines. But everything functioned well. I then installed iLife dmg. I then restarted the computer and chamelon loaded fine, but when the the gray apple screen came up with a loading bar. It loaded about half way and stood like that.. for hours.

I rebooted in verbose mode and got "keys out of order rebuilding catalog b-tree snow leopard" and said my HD could not be repaired. I then used my empire efi cd to boot into my retail Snow Leopard DVD. I tried to use the repair utility and it said it could not repair or verify. It told to me b ack up data I used disk utlilty to. To explore the drives and all of the info is there. The os just won't boot. I know my infop is there as I changed the chamelon skin while booting and it is stiill there.. I am not sure what I need to do. What can I do in order to get the hard drive workimg I don't think it is possible that both my SATA hard drives are failing.

I burned a disk warrior 4.2 909 and tried to load it via empire efi disk but it didn't load. Is there a way to load up the osx partition via the snowleopard dvd.. please see sig for my hard ware details...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I did not try that Method but I did do another method which is long a drawn out but due to my limited OSX knowledge I was left with no choice. As stated before I installed Snow Leopard on My Gigabyte GA-EX58-ud3r with this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=200183

So basically I got the Error about rebuilding the Catalog. Which is a hard drive issue. However My Chamelon was loading fine so figured my drive was not fried. Here is what I did.

I took a spare SATA hard drive and installed Snow Leopard on it with the EMPIRE EFI disk

Using that partition I used Disk Warrior 4.2 909 on the new Snow Leopard volume. I used it to repair my oringal disk, it fixed it and rebuilt the Catalog and b-tree. However, since Disk Warrior is not meant for Hackintoshes it Erases my boot loader. When I rebooted the PC it gave me the Boot error:0 . So I popped in the Empire EFI disk and loaded the Repaired Volume from there which loaded fine and preserved all my filed and Applications. I then used the mYhack installed to install Chamelon. I rebooted the PC and everything worked fine.

On a scale of 1-10 my OSX knowledge is about a 4. But with my limited knowledge this is what I was able to do.