Convince my parents to let me make videos for my website

24 posts in this topic

Hello. Anybody. Don't be afraid to answer or leave in a suggestion.

Ok before answering the question here are my reason for wanting to make videos, and posting them on my website.

1. I think it would be a fun idea to make videos

2. It would be a nice time killer on the weekends when I have nothing to do

3.Sometimes I get tired of constantly typing up stuff for my website, and sometimes I just want to say it then trying to find the words to explain when typing it

4. If I decide in the future to persue a career in media production, or a career in TV or Movie acting I'll have a portfolio that they can look at

• 2 weeks later...

My parents were the same way so heres what you should do, make a sample video or two and show it to them and explain to them what your intentions are with making these videos, when talking to them to convince them try to sound as mature as possible so they think that you are doing something that you really belive in and by getting their approval you are acomplishing something, try something along those lines out and it might work.

• 3 weeks later...

Step 1. Purchase Optimus Prime mask

Step 2. Record videos

Step 3. Modify FTP logs so videos were uploaded from Cybertron

Step 4. Nobody, not even your father, will mess with Optimus

But seriously... if you're not mature enough to have a logical discussion with your parents and convince them you should be allowed to put videos on the internet, then you're not mature enough to be putting videos on the internet.

A. How old are you?

B. My parents are highly restrictive, i am not allowed to play dragon age or COD6 etc.. yet when I was thirteen I posted several videos of me on youtube and they were fine with it, I don't know why they were fine they just were. Try telling them that.

C. The optimus prime mask sounds like a good plan.