***MACOSX 10.6.3 LATEST***GIGABYTE GA-X58-UD3R REV 1.0, 1.6 and 1.7

atlee

GA-X58-UD3R  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did this tutorial work as expected?

• Yes
    • No

81 posts in this topic

You test me the dsdt and LegacyHDA.kext, installing 10.6.2 the AppleHDA.kext,

We are all using 10.6.3 now. first version of 10.6.2 worked, 10.6.2 Audio update stopped working.

10.6.3 LegacyHDA does not work without AppleHDA bin hacked for ALC888 users.

Thanks alot for this guide mate!

I havent tried installing OSX on my maschine just yet but I will deff try it out not when I've read your guide.

I have one question thou.

I have a Soundcard (PCI) M-Audio Delta 1010LT.

This card is supported for OSX and driver can be downloaded from m-audios homepage.

If I install OSX with this guide, can I install the drivers for the PCI card and it will work?

Cheers! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks alot for this guide mate!

I havent tried installing OSX on my maschine just yet but I will deff try it out not when I've read your guide.

I have one question thou.

I have a Soundcard (PCI) M-Audio Delta 1010LT.

This card is supported for OSX and driver can be downloaded from m-audios homepage.

If I install OSX with this guide, can I install the drivers for the PCI card and it will work?

Cheers! :(

no u cant use midiman pci driver to install M-Audio Delta 1010LT...di only driver work is envy24

http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/

but when you use envy24 driver you cant use your midiman with protools m powered, protools wont recognize your midiman 1010LT...the only solution is use buy midiman firewire410 or other cheaper midiman usb/firewire audio interface.

First off, thank you very much for all this info. I've pretty much have gotten my very first hackintosh build up and running with your guide. I'm still a n00b at this and have been digging through many guides to try and get my sound working. I'm stopping at learning how to patch my AppleHDA.kext from this link [ http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465 ].

The reason I'm stopping is because my head is spinning from all this info and I just want stereo audio to work. I don't need 5.1 or 7.1 sound.

Is there a n00b guide that will let me get any sound up and running on my setup without having to patch my AppleHDA.kext? I'm sorry if it feels like I'm giving up on you and your wonderful info. I just don't have time to learn everything.

setup:

X58A-UD3R Rev. 1.0

ALC889 Device ID: 0x1458A102 (it's 889 right?)

My DSDT.aml file is exact copy of your Rev. 1.0 file.

Atlee, Thank you very much for this guide. It was my first attempt at DSDT Patching, and I have a much better understanding for it now.

jerrybezerk, I too have a Rev. 1.0 board with the 889 chip instead of the 888 that Atlee had. This has made things much more difficult for me, and I have, at this moment, stopped trying to get multichannel working. I am running 10.6.3 with the voodooHDA extensions in the /System/Library/Extensions, and have stereo sound. You can install it from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] that comes with the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] CD.

If anyone has any ideas to get 889 working in multichannel for this board, I would really appreciate it. Thanks! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Man I spent three days straight and still can't get this working,

first,I got the system installed but after I install the bootloader(tried everyone),when I boot from it it freezes right after the text with got boot device and loaded fakesmc,it never moved from then.well sometimes it passes through by luck or something but this is so annoying,I once tried it with a patched DSDT and still no go.

I can only boot into the system with tonymacx86 CD,nothing else.

Second thing that bothers me is that every bootloader I used has a corrupted text area,with glitches color.I installed more than 20 times and I don't know how to fix this.

Please help me!!!!

Man I spent three days straight and still can't get this working,

first,I got the system installed but after I install the bootloader(tried everyone),when I boot from it it freezes right after the text with got boot device and loaded fakesmc,it never moved from then.well sometimes it passes through by luck or something but this is so annoying,I once tried it with a patched DSDT and still no go.

I can only boot into the system with tonymacx86 CD,nothing else.

Second thing that bothers me is that every bootloader I used has a corrupted text area,with glitches color.I installed more than 20 times and I don't know how to fix this.

Please help me!!!!

What video card are you using? I've had problems with the latest Chameleon, but reinstalling using Kakewalk fixed my bootloader.

What video card are you using? I've had problems with the latest Chameleon, but reinstalling using Kakewalk fixed my bootloader.

I'm using ATI 4850,works great with boot CD.

I think I am having problem with some drive settings,because I am actually freezing in "Waiting on <dict....."

Embarrassed,I want to know that GA-X58A-UD3R (GA-X58-UD3R) has any distinction?

Your board has USB 3 and mine doesn't, Your board is pretty much the same. ALC889 codec on your board, ALC888 on mine ;)

as per previous post, i too have the GA-X58A-UD3R (rev 2.0 tho). i might give this a shot cos im desperately trying to overcome my sleep issues. onboard sound doesn't bother me - i actually have it disabled in bios completely because i use an apogee duet...

would you recommend i try? my setup is in my signature

NEW AUDIO UPDATED 28.05.2010, 5.1 and 7.1 version please test and report back.

Bin hacked for ALC888 + DSDT

5 Outs, 4 Ins

Headphones - Green rear - working

Grey - Working

Black - Working

Orange - Working

Headphones Front panel - Removed

2x Mics - Not tested

1x Linein- Not tested

1x Digital Out - Not tested

1x Digital In - Not tested

Thank you for this guide! I'm just about to start my hackintosh build this week. I should be getting my parts in by Thursday and I'm excited and thankful that your guide came out!

Parts:

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

Intel i7 930

G.Skill 6GB (3x2GB DDR3 1600)

XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB

Antec Twelve Hundred

Corsair TW750X

Corsair H50

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500gb (2x RAID 0)

LITE-ON DVD-RW/CD-RW

I'm hopeful for a successful install. I'll let you all know how it goes ;)

-Cheers

etsuei

Hi Atlee,

I finally setup my first hackintosh following your guide and I'm getting geekbench results at > 10000.

It's a amazing. The last piece of my puzzle though is getting the sound to work. I was wondering if you had the time to help me out. :-D

Setup:

GA-X58A-UD3R rev 1.0 (BIOS F3)

i7 930

XFX ATI HD 4870 1GB

G.SKILL 6GB DDR3 1600

I also used your DSDT from the rev 1.0 zip you posted. The only modification I made was to the code for the cpu. I swapped in d00d's i7 930 code for that piece.

The sound is where I'm having the trouble. I read in posts that if you're modifying DSDT, then you don't need the HDAEnabler.kext, however the HDAEnabler.kext is in the zip with the AppleHDA.kext.

I tried a bunch of different combinations but with no success. If you could help that would be great!

Thanks for the Beautiful guide, but i have a question.

i Too am wondering about the GA-X58A-UD3R, i want to build a new high end computer and as the GA-X58-UD3R seems to have disappeared from pricelists in my country im left pondering if i should get this one instead.

I am going to dual boot, but i do want full compatibility on both OSX and W7.

So you got some tips ?

I feel so embarrassed for asking this, since everyone tried your method didnt have this problem. I am stucked on the 2nd step where I have to install Asere BLN v1.1.9 .

I have downloaded the file, but when i unzipped it, there are all these files with out an extension of any sort. How am I suppose to install Asere BLN? should i install chameleon first then somehow replace the boot files in the zip into the extra folder?

Please help.

@Chynaman

Download the attached file and jus install.No terminal work.Right click>Show Package Contents/Contents/Resources and replace the Extra folder with your folder that way u donet have to do any replacing.U Can even customize your extra folder to summ the screens below.Bless

MyAsere1.1.9_installer.zip

post-545549-1276364183_thumb.png post-545549-1276364194_thumb.png

Hi just wondering im on 10.6.1. Can i go to software update and update to 10.6.3 without any problems?

yeah it would work mostly,just pay attention and see if your graphic card's kext work on the newer versions,make a backup of all kexts first always.

Hi,

@Dajjal: Thank you so much for your installer, I really appreciate your help

I just ran into some other question while im doing the install. I have the X58A board, in my DSDT, i dont have Device (PX40), is that normal? should I add it in somewhere? or should I just ignore it?

also, the steps after fixing fakesmc, I have no idea where to find the appropriate lines, what files are they in? still part of fakesmc? In the instruction, stated GOTO AZAL, what is that? also, Goto OperationRegion, what is that?

thank you in advanced for your help.

also, which lines are for audio, sleep and graphic card?

Atlee

Thank you so much for this. After reading your guide I decided to take the plunge!

Everything is coming along, expect for sound and I haven't edited SMBios yet ..

My setup:

X58A-UD3R

Intel i7 920

EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800GT

Kingston HyperX ddr3 pc1800

[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] installation went fine. Used your revision 1.0 kexts. Used kext helper to install and kext utility to finalize ...

I tried editing the DSDT but it keeps giving me compiling errors (255). So i used your 1.0 DSDT and it now shows th processor correctly but the ram is the wrong speed so I'll try to tackle that in the SMBIOS work. So I tried using your HDA audio update, installed the kext, but again I couldn't add the DSDT because it won't let me compile!!

Do you have any idea why? Could you or anyone else post the revision 1.0 DSDT with the audio section fixed?

That would be a huge help!!

Thank you again for all your hard work! Very excited about this :queen:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have an very interesting issue with this board:

I have 2 Seagate 1TB drives both the same model and purchased at the same time. They both have (identical clones) good Hackintosh 10.6.4 builds on them and I can confirm they both work on another (rampage gene II) motherboard.

When I plug Drive A into the Sata port 1 on the UD3R board it freezes on " verifying dmi pool data"

When I plug Drive B into the Sata port 1 on this board it loads up with a slight pause on "verifying dmi pool data" but then loads perfectly fine ...

What is up with this board? Weird don't you think?

Any ideas out there?