screen capture not working

blog

5 posts in this topic

I have been trying to capture a screen shot in Snow Leopard 10.6.2 but am unable to do so. Using Grab, I just get an empty capture (nothing captured). In Preview, it just crashes unexpectedly when I try to capture. I tried the CMD+shift+4 (and others) takes a capture (I hear the camera shot sound) but am unable to find any captured file anywhere.

Very strange. Anyone have any ideas?

The screenshots are normally on the desktop. Did you install any tweaks/hacks/etc...that redirect the output to another location? My desktop, for some reason, not puts all new icons on top of each other in the top right hand corner (i dont know why!) check this location.

I recommend that you use SharpShooter (get it from MacUpdate.com )... it will give you a window after each snapshot to name the file, choose filetype and output location.

Thanks for the reply's.

I figured it out. Somehow my Essentials package portion of SL got damaged. I found the Essentials install on the retail disk and ran it to reinstall Essentials. All is well now.

• 3 months later...
Thanks for the reply's.

I figured it out. Somehow my Essentials package portion of SL got damaged. I found the Essentials install on the retail disk and ran it to reinstall Essentials. All is well now.

I have the same exact problem described above with 10.6.4. Can you please describe in detail how you reinstalled Essentials for SL??

Thanks.