Printer Problems

5 posts in this topic

When I first turned on my macbook my printer worked perfectly as soon as I plugged it in...now a few days later(after playing around a bit too much with bootcamp) I had to wipe the drive and reinstall OS X but now my printer isn't recognized, sort of...it shows up, but I can't get it to print. I've gone through the printer setup but my printer isn't listed under HP like it should be. Can someone please tell me how to get this working. the printer is an HP DeskJEt 3740. And yes I am new to OS X if I'm completely overlooking something here.

Usually the best (or lastest) drivers are availble from Apple not HP (this is what HP has said in the past). I am guessing that you failed to install the HP drivers when you reinstalled OS X. You should be able to do it now by finding the "HP package" on the installation disk and double clicking it. There also should be a way to install drivers from the installation disk after the fact, perhaps simple by booting off it and selecting additional packages to install.

Actually I did install the HP drivers that came with OS X, and I did try the HP website, but I didn't try Apple's, I'll do that now.

Oh, I also tried the cd that came with my printer but it only had the windows drivers.

EDIT:....5 minutes later....

Thanks Guys I got it to work now. There was a driver link on Apple's website that worked.