Weird Dashboard bug

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

Since a month or two I have a weird bug/lag in Dashboard (screenshot included). Rebooting won't help sadly. Anyone familiar with this problem?

Thanks, Glenn

screenshot20100323at704.th.png

• 4 weeks later...

I also had that problem...

Hey but i was wondering if you have had any problems with your desktop background? I have. I created a sub folder on my desktop background under folder..well i set the settings to change the background image every 5 seconds...and i worked...but everytime I shut my computer down and rebooted...it would go back to standard settings and I would go back and check the settings and the settings would be to what I had set them to for the folder i created. anywho...it was annoying...i ended up figuring out how to make it change by adding the background pictures to one of the sub folders under the apple backgrounds...but if they give you an option to create you own sub folder or use your own pictures from iphoto...i dont understand why it doesnt save the settings on sub folder....but im not sure if its only my problem or if anyone else is having them

you are not the only one. get here.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=207717

we need some smartness to solve this :D

• 3 weeks later...

In reply to the first post, if I were you, i'd get my os x install disc and try to replace my dashboard.app with the one of the disc, it looks to me as if your dashboard is damaged.

all of the fuzzy, smooth, slick GUI stuff in os x comes from lots and lots of cleverly put together bits and pieces.

two of these, the upper left and right hand corner of one of your widgets, are either missing or damaged.

can it be "repaired" probably

is it remotely worth the hassle? no, just reinstall dashboard.

I don't think there is an option on the install disc to straight up....reinstall dashboard, it'll take some digging, post back here if you have problems.

• 1 year later...

I have Geforce 360m onto my laptop and I use OSX 10.6.7.

I have the same graphic bug with Dashboard.

I tried and changed at start both kext, restarted - and it's still bugy...

then I revereted back to the orig NVDAResman.kext, restarted... and it's still bugy..

Can anyone help ??

Does anyone know how to solve this problem on SNOW ?