NEED HELP - GA-X58A-UD3R Sound

vlad1966

27 posts in this topic

Need help getting my sound on this mobo to work - it's got the ALC889 (not 889a) sound chip. I've tried various AppleHDA.kexts, Voodoo, etc. but nothing seems to work.

If I have to edit my DSDT, so be it. Can anyone provide links?

TIA

Need help getting my sound on this mobo to work - it's got the ALC889 (not 889a) sound chip. I've tried various AppleHDA.kexts, Voodoo, etc. but nothing seems to work.

TIA

I have the same problem here.... any help appreciated...

i can make this work for you but you should just wait for 10.6.3 which will be out very soon, I think 10.6.3 will have AppleHDA.kext v1.8.3fc3 or a bigger number, i think they are at fc3 now, the AppleHDA needs to be bin hacked to work. DSDT Audio injection won't work anymore with 10.6.3 or 10.6.2 Mac pro audio update which is 1.8.3fc1.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on the same board as well, just up to 10.6.3, everything else is working except my 2nd GTX 260. Any hints on how to get that one working too?

Cheers

im have gigabyte x58a ud3r mobo sound full work snow leopard 10.6.3 can you use my files dont forget repair permision sound come back

copy appleHDA.kext and HDAEnaber.kext go /system/library/extension paste and replac

copy my all extra folder and replac your extra folder or install chameleon rc4 and put my all extra folder repair permision with disk utulity and restart sound and sleep full work :rolleyes: enjoy

http://rapidshare.com/files/378919172/Archive.zip.html

ERROR

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Could you upload it again? Thanks

Ric

• 3 weeks later...

am i suppose to go to my install folder and then open extra folder, then copy the contents of the download folder into the system extra folder. do that and get this error

The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items.

what am i doing wrong?

im have gigabyte x58a ud3r mobo sound full work snow leopard 10.6.3 can you use my files dont forget repair permision sound come back

Dude, thanks for this! I used Kakewalk 2.2 and had everything working except sleep and motherboard sound...works great now! ;) I'm still very new at all this, but learning more everyday.

Dude, thanks for this! I used Kakewalk 2.2 and had everything working except sleep and motherboard sound...works great now! :D I'm still very new at all this, but learning more everyday.

OddyOh, can you tell me how you got the sound to work on your board. which files you used. i have still not been able to get my sound to work, any help would be appreciated

the new link is not working anymore. can somebody repost plz

Here's a new link...I'm just reposting hakan's files...

http://rapidshare.com/files/389944196/Archive_2.zip.html

1. Unzip Archive_2.zip

2. copy appleHDA.kext and HDAEnaber.kext into your (Mac System Drive)/System/Library/Extensions. Overwrite any originals. (Or back them up first if you want).

3. Go to the root of your Mac System Drive, make a backup copy of your "Extra" folder, just in case.

4. Unzip the "Archive.zip" that was inside the "Archive_2.zip". In this new "Archive" folder, copy the "Extra" folder to the root of your Mac System Drive, overwriting yours.

5. Run Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities, and repair permissions on your Mac System Drive.

6. Reboot. Onboard sound and sleep function then worked for me!

My sleep function works, but sometimes it wakes up and waits for about 10 to 15 seconds to restore the network connection...not a big deal to me. I'm amazed I've gotten this far. Hope it works for you.

TIA

I dont understand why you people open new threads for no reason, obviously you guys dont use the search tool, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941 use tmongkol's thread if you cant find a solution he has everything you need for alc889a users.

Read the first post and you get the reason why we're not looking at alc889a. Try reading as well as searching.

Is there any way for me to get these files?

Thanks, board works great except for sound.

ERROR

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

The good news is that my sleep function works. The bad news is that I still have no sound.

Any ideas?

Another problem I am having is that I cannot boot from my HD It tells me "Missing Operating System". I have to have the USB drive I used to install 10.6.3 always in and boot from that and choose the HD to boot from. I also noticed there is no boot file or extra directory (except the one I copied from you) on the root of my drive.

I am a total newbie and I think I am over my head. Any help from you or anyone is much appreciated.

Toe-Knee

Hi Toe-knee...sorry I don't have any ideas for you to try, I'm merely reposting hakan gulenc's files...I'm probably even a bigger noob than you. :P Luckily my system is up and running, but I haven't had time to delve deeper into this stuff and actually learn the ropes. I want to, though.

Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Here's what I did to get sound working on my X58A-UD3R

To get sound working I followed the instructions in the first post of this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2084

To get normal hard drive icons I then followed the instructions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2106

Be sure to check off only the kext(s) in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] that you need and check off system utilities as well so that it repairs permissions following the kext(s) install.

All is working now on my i7 system!

thanks for that! im following this thread because of people's positive responses to getting sleep working (i don't use onboard sound).

what happens is that my machine goes to sleep, but when waking up, the monitor stays asleep and my firewire devices don't reinitialise. so to me, it doesn't fully come back from sleep.

therefore,

1. i didn't copy over AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext into /s/l/e/ from archive_2.zip.
  2. i copied over ALL the extensions located in archive.zip from the Extensions folder into my /e/e/ location and rebuilt using Kext Utility 2.4. rebooted and sleep still doesn't work
  3. i then tried copying over the included DSDT.aml and rebooted and again, sleep still doesn't work

the other included files shouldn't effect sleep so i didn't use them.

• is anyone else having this problem?
  • for people with the X58A-UD3R board, do you have rev 1.0 or 2.0??