Snow Leopard on the Vaio F series [F11, VPCF1]

OoTLink

94 posts in this topic

Interesting, thanks for bringing that up!

I'm beginning to think we should REALLY consider using other boot loaders than the basic Chameleon one. Empire EFI sounds good..

Also interesting to note that I think the dude had the GT330m working BEFORE he installed the MBP update. This figures, because before that it's possible to coax NVDA50HAL.kext to work.

Weird isn't it? Well anyway..

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=218716

Mamoth has been working on the same idea. Uh, it was brought to my attention in the forum of looking around (for the Vaio Z), that it's RARE for Sony laptops to get working video on the internal display (properly). The Vaio P is the only fully supported machine I've seen yet with that.

So we may be headed up a creek yet. I wouldn't be too surprised, have you ever noticed that the Windows driver for the GT330m is a custom driver that barely works with anything else? I don't think Vaio LCDs return their EDID info properly and that may be why we never seem to get 1920x1080.

Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...
HI :D

please, a full guide for sony vaio VPC-F11M1E/H?

I can see camaleon at startup, with system reserve - win7, partition with disk image, another partition in msdos-fat, and the partition when SL is installed.

I choose the apple, but the system doesn't start.

I tried hazard and iatkos7: same problem.

Please, can you help me?

thanks

I have the same model with i5, I was try everything and much more, and cannot get happy results!!!! I have installed on external usb disk , leopard OS, not ful resolution, not sound,not lan, etc

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi;

My laptop is VPCF113FD

I installed SL 10.63 with Mammoth boot cd, i followed the guide the mammoth provided and every thing went smooth:

when i started installation i realized that the resolution are same as windows resolution 1600x900x32

with nVidia 310M, i had nothing to patch or inject for this video card.

after finishing installing the system reboot and restart with mammoth boot cd So i picked OSX to boot it up and here we are! the system bootup from the first Try and everything is working good

except wifi (AR9287) is not and Marvell Yukon 88E8057 is not either.

Bluetooth is working (OTB)

firewire is working (OTB)

Sound is not working, i think it is ALC275 the one i have Ven 10EC Dev 0275

If i use About This Mac the GUI will crash

THis is all what i have to tell and hope will be a fix for the problem we have

maly70

Now, i just installed a fix for AR9287(wireless) and for Marvell Yukon 88E8057.

For wireless drv= just get "IO80211Family9287" wich is under ar9287 kext and Marvell 88E8057 Kext form kextsDOTcom.

i just like to share my experience with you

Edited by maly70

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi all, i'm new in the hackintosh world and i have a Vaio F series :D I know that's not a good pc for the first hackintosh try.. but that's all that i got :P

According to this thread many people got hackintosh work but only without Quartz support and without ethernet and wi-fi. In another forum people say they have absolutly nothing on the internet lcd but 100% working on external monitor via HDMI (quartz too!!)

So.. i tryed myself :D

I have a Custom Vaio with i3, and this is causing me some trouble. Googling i found that Kernel 10.3.1 have native support for my CPU.. but my hazard installation disk have only older kernels :)

So.. i can install osX but it totally freeze after the reboot at the "gray apple" screen! I think it's because of the non supported cpu.. but i can't update my kernel if i can't boot the OS!

My goal is to boot os X and install this update: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1026 with i can have updated kernel and maybe updated graphic driver.. how can i do?

Thank you even only for reading this and for not going crazy 'cause of my VERY POOR english ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

can someone summarize what i have to do install snowleopard on my Vaio VPCF11M1E.

I tried hazard (10.6.2) and it works until i had to install macintosh. I don´t know what i have to check or uncheck. After restart my pc can´t full boot. My Vaio restarts after some seconds booting.

Thank you.

Sorry for my english, i´m german.

• 1 month later...
Hey guys! I'm glad to see some OS X loving, Vaio F users around here. Anyway, this being the first post, you'll see a funny guide and some advice. That's all there is to it, anyway..

thanks for the input about cpus, but

could you be so kind to list all options being selected by you while installing ?

hi i have the vaio vpcf11s1e and had a really easy installation with iatkos s3 v2

not working:

Wlan, ethernet, sound, resolution stuck at 1024x768,

are there any new patches or solutions????

i really love to have the system up and running 100%

Really easy would be all those thinks working.

AFAIK you will never get it 100% working because of the weird graphics hardware, so no CI/QE untill anyone spends a lot of time for this model to develop a driver.

I think it is not gonna happen and without CI/QE OS X is pretty useless.

For all other hardware just identify it and search the forums.

For a good hackintosh i almost bought a Dell Vostro 3700, but since it has only 1600x900 as most other 17" dells, i just bought a MacBook Pro 17" and it rocks!

Really easy would be all those thinks working.

AFAIK you will never get it 100% working because of the weird graphics hardware, so no CI/QE untill anyone spends a lot of time for this model to develop a driver.

I think it is not gonna happen and without CI/QE OS X is pretty useless.

For all other hardware just identify it and search the forums.

For a good hackintosh i almost bought a Dell Vostro 3700, but since it has only 1600x900 as most other 17" dells, i just bought a MacBook Pro 17" and it rocks!

yes, Openminded, we are exactly here, so you'll be able to understand, where to spend your next 3K$ for...

yes, Openminded, we are exactly here, so you'll be able to understand, where to spend your next 3K$ for...

I spend $1600 on a second hand one.

Perhaps you did not notice I mentioned the Dell Vostro 3700?

That is what I would have had if Dell would not put it a cheapass screen.

For a 1920x1200 17" experience, the best mac for the buck is a second hand mac.

I also almost bought that bloody vaio, but see where it got you?

So if you also took 1.6k you might have been happier?

I just posted my experience and that is what does forum is about, is it not?

So stop whining and read before you rant

Hi,

can someone summarize what i have to do install snowleopard on my Vaio VPCF11M1E.

I tried hazard (10.6.2) and it works until i had to install macintosh. I don´t know what i have to check or uncheck. After restart my pc can´t full boot. My Vaio restarts after some seconds booting.

Thank you.

that's relatively easy to fix - just boot back with any distro, run FDisk and assign Active Partition back to your Windows one.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same laptop .You have to start in verbose mode like this work for me. -v cpus=8 busratio=12 after update till 10.6.5 forget just not necessar. I will send you de full intrucctiones later on. Im with original vainilla kernel

Sorry for my english Im Spanish

Hi,

Thank you.

• 11 months later...