Snow Leopard on the Vaio F series [F11, VPCF1]

OoTLink

94 posts in this topic

OK, I have managed to install the OS with the distro (server/client) from the first post.

I have also updated to 10.6.3 using the update software.(I only deleted sleepenabler)

I have also installed the MacBookPro Software upgrade with Pacifist, it seems that the GT330M works better with it installed but I cannot open any applications after the install.

Any help on this?

I tray every method espoxed here, and only get black screen when the system running up.I was the same problem with my older laptop LG S1 Express, and resolved deleting AtiSupport.kext, wich is the Equivalent en Nvidia kext?

I have now installed from Snow Leopard retail 10.6.3 and only a disabler kext , and i think could be work vainilla kernel, because the problem is only de graphics card. Many thanks.

Apologies about my english!, I´m Spanish, I´ll tray to improve!

If you don't have chameleon installed, then you'll just be stuck at a black screen with a flashing cursor (in which case, you need to use a disk with a boot loader to get into your hard drive's OS X and put a bootloader on it) .

If you don't have chameleon installed, then you'll just be stuck at a black screen with a flashing cursor (in which case, you need to use a disk with a boot loader to get into your hard drive's OS X and put a bootloader on it) .

Is´s a black screen , not a blinking cursor black screen.I have a chameleon loader.The problem it´s coming about graphics card

Is´s a black screen , not a blinking cursor black screen.I have a chameleon loader.The problem it´s coming about graphics card

I´m sorry. Ok The system load all kext , and when have to appear welcome video, get black screen. So like I say before , happens the same with another notebook and fixed deleting AtiSupport.kext, because used X1600m and writting mi ID card on ATIX1000Radeon.kext. I don´t remember now the names, so wich is a equivalent on Nvidia a those kext????????

I´m sorry. Ok The system load all kext , and when have to appear welcome video, get black screen. So like I say before , happens the same with another notebook and fixed deleting AtiSupport.kext, because used X1600m and writting mi ID card on ATIX1000Radeon.kext. I don´t remember now the names, so wich is a equivalent on Nvidia a those kext????????

What bootflags do you use? Did you use the ones posted?

What about PciRoot=1 ??

What about PciRoot=1 ??

There is someone that claims that he has managed to use the gt330m accelerated on a Sony Vaio F with i7 in another forum. With clean vanilla install from Retail DVD and only by using some kexts from the McBookPro 1.3 Update!!!

I cannot do a clean retail because I want to keep the MBR and not go to GUID.Did anybody try it?

What about PciRoot=1 ??

There is someone that claims that he has managed to use the gt330m accelerated on a Sony Vaio F with i7 in another forum. With clean vanilla install from Retail DVD and only by using some kexts from the McBookPro 1.3 Update!!!

I cannot do a clean retail because I want to keep the MBR and not go to GUID.Did anybody try it?

Hallo,

can You remember the link? I update the installation to 10.6.3, and with macbookproupdate, but gt330 not accelerated.

regards,

giò49

Hallo,

can You remember the link? I update the installation to 10.6.3, and with macbookproupdate, but gt330 not accelerated.

regards,

giò49

This is what I did to improved the resolution on 330m. I extracted all the Graphic Card updates release by apple for the mew MacBook Pro and I replaced the old one for the new ones.

Geforce,kext, Geforce7xxxGLDriver.bundle, GeForceGA.Plugin, GeForceGLDriver.Bundle, GeForceVADriver.Bundle and Intel Graphics kext.

My Card was working but not 100% the picture quality wasn't what U wanted. But after I replaced the kexts my resolution is way better. that all I did.

The only thing that I found out doing some research is the i70-720QM processor has some trouble with 330m because of the heat that the processor produce. that's why apple used i7-620 instead (Better battery life and lower on heat).

I'm still doing some research about it because the laptop fan won't stop spinning and I have fixed that in my other computer but this one is a different issue. Is a work in progress.

I've installed those kexts on SONY Laptop VPCF11NFX/H with Intel Core i7 720QM and it works perfectly. qe/ci works (Front row works flawlessly) and a great resolution./

That is what he told me on PM

By the way he installed SL with tonymacx86's OS X Snow Leopard Install using Retail DVD For P55 Motherboards and Intel Core i5 and i7, the old one not the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

Finally, I have done it, ......but partially,

Full resolution 1980x1080 and full acceleration for the F11Z 1E on Snow Leopard!!!!

But on external display.....I need the internal one !! It needs more twinging....I know it can be done, but my knowledge is limited....

Please lets put some effort on this.....

could you please share the instructions here?

thanks

regards

I managed with leohazard (client server), updated to 10.6.3, used Chameleon Anv's ACPI Loader, Chameleon2.0rc5-pre7, installed MacBrooPro Updated and used boot flag PciRootUID=1 for booting.

My problems are with the PciRoot=1 PciRootUID=1 bootflags and GraphicsEnabler=Yes...... I am confused, once boots and I have the internal display once the external, ones accelerated on the external once half accelerated ....but never full resolution and full acceleration on the internal display.

I had full acceleration with some of the nvidia injectors, but not full resolution. Unfortunately in that I only have ADC LCDs and no modern TV, I can't test the HDMI or VGA output lol.

Someone was asking about whether the audio works or not, and if anyone feels like verifying it a quick search told me that these laptops have the Realtek ALC269 audio chipset in them. Weird because there's also Intel and NVidia audio things (if you've ever noticed there's like 5 drivers in Windows! Sheesh!)

Apparently, VoodooHDA might work. :D

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...entry4788

I'm going to be working on math tonight, but hopefully I won't forget to grab some DVD-Rs on my errands so I can burn my restore disks, and then install vanilla OS X :(

enough information to put a full tutorial on this model?

the guy PlumberGr was talking about is testing SL on a HP Dv7t and a VAIO F, hope he will have more success.

as for audio, my VAIO F has Realtek ALC275.

Has anyone managed to successfully install from the retail disc? I was able to install using tonymacs latest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] disc but only in safe mode using GraphicsEnabler=No. If i try to boot without safe mode, the system appears to boot but the screen is black.

After the install i have no trackpad support. Updating to 10.6.3 kills USB support and I haven't had any luck with any of the methods of restoring it. Also tried installing the MBP update with pacifist but I don't see any improvements.

Any suggestions on how to get anything else working? What does the Hazard distro install that a retail install doesnt?

You need a retail 10.6.2+ disk to do i5 or i7 machines. I don't know about USB though! That's VERY odd.

I'll get back to you today (maybe). Not really in that big a mood to be messing with hackintoshing, we'll see lol.

almost 7pm! Ok, you guys win.

I am updating the HD to 10.6.3 in a MacBook :), will dump a few kexts on (for PS2), and chameleon. Here's to hoping it works! XD

The Sony FW? I have no idea, but I'm sure you can look around and find out. :) If the FW can be hackintoshed, it's probably already well documented.

Random new updates:

* I've been working on vanilla OS X. Straight off vanilla 10.6.3 + the MBP Update won't do it. I think the sleepenabler kext has to be yanked and replaced with FakeSMC, but that's a very easy thing to do anyway. :P

* The fix to the black screen is to do PciRoot=1 PciRootUID=1 in the boot flags (along with cpus=8)

(Thanks to the dude that brought this up ^^)

* If the above doesn't work, try GraphicsEnabler=No

* Also good news: The hazard distro can be upgraded to 10.6.3 without any trouble (as long as you yank sleepenabler.kext, again pointed out before). I'd think this means good things about running a vanilla kernel! :D

So none of this news is particularly new and awesome, unfortunately I haven't made any progress on the GPU. In fact, I have yet to get as far on this install as I did the first time I did this. The first time, I had great GPU acceleration (although no QE!), and I knew this because I was getting 90FPS in the iTunes visualizer.

Right now I'm having a hard time pushing 20 on that, and only recently did it start working to begin with.

Sorry I haven't covered very much, but these OS X experiments are ridiculously time consuming. Seems every time I get started I spend 6 hours doing nothing but changing a file and rebooting over and over and over and over...

*shudder* BLEH!

PS: I'm doing this for fun, not because I wish I had a MBP. :)

More on this mess..

In order to get GraphicsEnabler working right, you'll need to use ioregistryexplorer to get the nvcap value.

Problem is, I can't get the dang thing!! GRRR!

update #2: You're going to love this one. I reinstalled the kexts from the mbp update and got black screens too, PciRoot=1 and PciRootUID=1 didn't help, graphicsenabler=yes or no didn't help..

You know what did? Going into the info.plist inside nvdanvhal50.kext and adding the GPU's device ID:

0x0a2910

then do that in nvdaresman.kext as well.

Bam, back in. But with the flags I only get 1280x1024, 32mb, and a really badly performing GPU. Also, if you don't do graphicsenabler=yes, it defaults to 1024x768 lol.

The Sony FW? I have no idea, but I'm sure you can look around and find out. :rolleyes: If the FW can be hackintoshed, it's probably already well documented.

Random new updates:

* I've been working on vanilla OS X. Straight off vanilla 10.6.3 + the MBP Update won't do it. I think the sleepenabler kext has to be yanked and replaced with FakeSMC, but that's a very easy thing to do anyway. B)

* The fix to the black screen is to do PciRoot=1 PciRootUID=1 in the boot flags (along with cpus=8)

(Thanks to the dude that brought this up ^^)

* If the above doesn't work, try GraphicsEnabler=No

* Also good news: The hazard distro can be upgraded to 10.6.3 without any trouble (as long as you yank sleepenabler.kext, again pointed out before). I'd think this means good things about running a vanilla kernel! :D

So none of this news is particularly new and awesome, unfortunately I haven't made any progress on the GPU. In fact, I have yet to get as far on this install as I did the first time I did this. The first time, I had great GPU acceleration (although no QE!), and I knew this because I was getting 90FPS in the iTunes visualizer.

Right now I'm having a hard time pushing 20 on that, and only recently did it start working to begin with.

Sorry I haven't covered very much, but these OS X experiments are ridiculously time consuming. Seems every time I get started I spend 6 hours doing nothing but changing a file and rebooting over and over and over and over...

*shudder* BLEH!

PS: I'm doing this for fun, not because I wish I had a MBP. ;)

Are you installing off a retail disc? Which loader are you using to load the installer?

If i don 't start with the -x flag it gets to a line when starting which says something like NVEnabler: probe failed before restarting with a loud click noise from the speakers

If you're using nvenabler and getting a black screen it's because of the nvcap lol. Guess what? We can't get a friggin NVCAP. It's securely trapped in the aptio rom somewhere (I think).

I've tried, I got a rom dump and tried the nvcap maker on it, and got something rather generic. I managed to get a vga dump from everest, and got almost the exact same thing but nvcap maker didn't like that one!

Either way, it doesn't help things. And I installed nvkush last night for laughs. It screwed me up with a black screen I haven't yet been able to recover from.

I have to -s every time I screw up because I have no vga or hdmi devices at all.

BTW that's with hazard and the apple 10.6.3 update (sleepenabler deleted). You know what? I thinkw e should wait for that dude with the perfect video and just do what he says. If he ever decides to let out his secrets ;)

We're just wasting LOTS of time.