Any USB Apple keyboard / mouse...

56 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you Andy

Guys, after you add your Vendor and Product id to the kext provided, do not forget to check Expose & Spaces preferences. I was able to assign three buttons of my A-4 Tech XL-755K to "Show Desktop", "All Windows" and finally Scroll button to "Spaces". They work like a dream.

You just have to give it a try until you find a working mouse button. There are 16 of them.

Good Luck,

Thanks Andy,

It's good to see system recognizing webcam as i-sight. :D

Cheers.

Hey Jumbochilli,

Could I ask how you implemented your kext to recognize your webcam? I have tried this kext several times and it doesnt seem to work. I do have a UVC class webcam, see specs, are there any advantages to having it recognized as an iSight cam? It is working now with all applications, but it is seen as a third party cam, any hints or help would be greatly appreciated, cheers mate, Plucka. :D

• 2 weeks later...

First, let me say thanks for sharing this good work. It is much appreciated.

I am currently using the keyboard and mouse kext on an HP Pavilion p6340f desktop system. It has Core2Quad with 8gb ram and uses USB connected keyboard and mouse. I use a Ligitech marble mouse (trackball) for the mouse.

All works well except for one thing. I can't switch the primary and secondary button settings. Well, I can switch them in the system preferences, but it has no effect. Has anyone else experienced this problem? more to the point, is there a work around?

Hey Jumbochilli,

Could I ask how you implemented your kext to recognize your webcam? I have tried this kext several times and it doesnt seem to work. I do have a UVC class webcam, see specs, are there any advantages to having it recognized as an iSight cam? It is working now with all applications, but it is seen as a third party cam, any hints or help would be greatly appreciated, cheers mate, Plucka. :D

I just followed the instruction mentioned in earlier posts and nothing technical. :thumbsup_anim:

Besides, there isn't(at least in my case) any performance increase, I guess. :thumbsup_anim:

I got mouse and webcam, all recognized as apple's original peripherals, but that's about it.

Cheers. :D

hi guys! maybe this post shouldnt be here.. but.... u know....

im trying to get to work my WLAN... but it doesnt, i think its not supported so far... so, im a newbie... but.... does this method to make work keyboard and mouse would work with my Wireless? Could be?

thanks guys =D

<dict>

<key>idProduct</key>

<integer>1234</integer>

<key>idVendor</key>

<integer>1234</integer>

</dict>

Thank you Ricola, will be testing this in a moment.

UPDATE: Fantastic work, as usual Andy, everything is working as advertised, I love the apple mouse preferences. Had only a small issue that made the mouse arrow move when scrolling fast with the mouse wheel, but then fixed that just changing the displacement from horizontal and vertical to 360º.

• 5 weeks later...

Added new iSight legacy kext.

• 4 weeks later...

I too bought a C270 as I had read these new UCV cams work OOB... Anything but! It does certainly work OOB with Skype and...well...Skype... Thats it!

I have tried the AnyiSightcam.kexts (3 different versions) changed the vendor and product ids etc... and in iChat, photo booth etc all you get is a black screen for your trouble. Furthermore making it detectable as an iSight cam you lose the mic into the bargain...

I am wondering if there is such thing as a USB2 to 6 Pin Firewire convertor... Googling this tou always get the reverse... I reckon the only thing that will work with this cam is firewire functionalty as Apple ha notoriously supported Firewire and indeed the iSight itself was a firewire cam...

If anyone had managed to get this cam working as USB with native Apple apps please post here...

Added new iSight legacy kext.

Thank you Andy Vandijck. I have a question: How to use the new iSight Legacy kext?

I tried it, but failed. Can you tell me which index must change? Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

So let's say my Product ID is 0x09b8. In decimals that would be 2488? Likewise, my Vendor ID, being 0x046d, would equal 1133? Also, in the .plist, would I replace EVERY idProduct with 2488 and EVERY idVendor with 1133? Or only specific ones? I ask because the the numbers in the original kext are different in some cases (this is the V2 of the anyicam text). This is my first time manually editing a kext, help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...