• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

zeroxcuber

zeroxcuber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well I got Snow Leopard on my netbook but I haven't completely got it the way I want to.
The sleep mode doesn't work entirely, when I close the lid or go to sleep manually the screen freezes but the it doesn't turn off and to return I can sometimes press the power button and I get access to my mouse and all that but if I wait too long the whole computer freezes. I heard that about a ClamshellDisplay.kext at Superhai.com but it appears to have been taken off and I can't find it anywhere else.
Also my battery indicator doesn't work and I haven't found a fix for that either.
And finally if anyone knows about a kext or program so I can change my brightness (preferably with the hot keys already on my keyboard) let me know.

brommer

brommer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=181916

There are two collections of kexts and the newer ones let run mine nearly perfect.
The only issue that last is that sleep doesn't work while open or close the lid. But it works at all... to wake it up you just have to press any key...
sry for my bad english I hope you understand what I've tried to tell you =)

zeroxcuber

zeroxcuber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the link I'll check it out!

Guest: pizzabreath_*

• Guests
First a bigtime thanks to da_jinx for a great guide!!

Install SL on the Asus 1005HAB using the guide provided by da_jinx in his blog entry Asus EEE 1005HAB but there were some different things for my mini:

1. It is very difficult to get the usb stick to load the installer. Da_jink guide said to use F12 for the one-time boot selection.. after messing with that for an hour, I finally realized by RTFM that mine used the ESC key for the same menu. Also I had to hit F2 setup first, than save the bios and start tapping the ESC right away for the boot menu to come up or else it would goe right to Windows XP. Setting the boot order in the Bios would not lauch the usb installer, only the boot selection menu with ESC.

2. The guide states to use the NetbookInstaller 0.8.3 RC4 on the installer stick. For me that resulted in a kernal panic about the powermangement. To get by that, I loaded the Notebook Bootmaker 0.8.3 RC4 on the stick with everything else that was already there and it went to the install without any more panics.

3. The install was hung at the very end and I had to reboot with the stick in and select the new hd installation from the bootloader screen.

4.The desktop was a mess with all sorts of untitled drives and question marks on the icon bar, but I continued to install the selected kexts and followed the installation guide. After finishing and rebooting form the HD everything came up perfect without the extra drives and question marks. I added the size75% and Size100% utilites for get to any large menu screens that are hidden at the bottom.

5. Ordered the dell 1510 wifi card to replace the stock card.

6. Everything works including sleep, and did not have to put in the keyboard and acpiPS2nub kexts.

7. happy

VFR_Pilot

VFR_Pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Also my battery indicator doesn't work and I haven't found a fix for that either.

My battery indicator didn't work until I upgraded to 2GB ram. Works fine now, although I have since replaced the menu display with SlimBatteryMonitor because it looks better.

So, upgrade to 2GB ram and enjoy the very necessary utility of knowing when the battery's gonna quit.

BTW, I'm getting no less than 8 hours from the battery - which isn't bad considering it's connected to wifi all the time and I use Photoshop for some light graphics work.

6. Everything works including sleep, and did not have to put in the keyboard and acpiPS2nub kexts.

7. happy

Can you please let us know how you got your ethernet to work?

Thanks in advance.

Since, for some reason I can't fathom I can't begin a new topic on the forum, I have a question that's a tiny bit off-topic but here goes anyway.

In system profiler, under the graphics/displays entry, I see no mention of either QE or CI. The display is working correctly in the sense that the res is 1024x600 and 16 million colours, but I have the feeling that QE/CI acceleration is missing. Is it supported by the 945 chipset at all? And if so, how does one enable it?

EDIT: Bumped into a post that has a bearing on the above video/graphics query...

It seems that Snow Leopard has done away with the QE/CI references in System Profile, where I've been expecting to find them. So for all I know, QE/CI are indeed enabled. Of course, if some kind soul is prepared to tell me how I may confirm it either way, I'll gladly listen.

However, if, as it appears, the graphics are indeed QE/CI enabled, then the sluggish graphics must then be simply a result of the lackluster 945 chipset and Atom 280 combo. And stuff happens.

Anybody able to shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, one other thing, is there a fix for Firefox that lets you enter text in the post editor in the Insanely Mac forums? Certainly doesn't work for me and I'm utterly up to date Firefox version wise. Ta again...

• Guests

Can you please let us know how you got your ethernet to work?

Forgot to mention, but of course you already know, that the built in ethernet is not supported on the Asus 1005HAB.

I use a TRENDnet TU2-ET100 usb to ethernet adapter. ($20) Works great out of the box on SL without installing the provided MAC ethernet drivers. Card automatically recognized and connected using DHCP.

Also installed the dell mini wifi card which works great as well. Follow guides on youtube for opening mini and installing wifi mini card if you dont know how. Warranty is now out the window.

VFR_Pilot

VFR_Pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Forgot to mention, but of course you already know, that the built in ethernet is not supported on the Asus 1005HAB.

I use a TRENDnet TU2-ET100 usb to ethernet adapter. ($20) Works great out of the box on SL without installing the provided MAC ethernet drivers. Card automatically recognized and connected using DHCP.

Also installed the dell mini wifi card which works great as well. Follow guides on youtube for opening mini and installing wifi mini card if you dont know how. Warranty is now out the window.

See my sig for my wifi.

Not missing the ethernet especially as the wireless seems to be working fine. Just curious to see if a working driver had finally arrived. To be honest, I doubt that it'll ever come to pass - probably insufficient demand for the dev community to tackle it.

Speaking of opening the beast, since I fitted the replacement wifi, the touchpad button now makes a clicking sound if I go from right click to left click. Annoying. I'll have to look into solving that someday. Meanwhile, there's the issue of getting 10.6.3 to install without bricking anything to tackle first. I feel a disk cloning session coming on. ;)

eeefab

eeefab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

For all the people having the "X" battery meter problem, I found a way to make the battery work (without upgrading the RAM to 2Gb) :

You have to change a value in your DSDT file in the
OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0x7F7AE064, 0xFF)
(it's for 2Gb systems)
to
OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0x3F7AE064, 0xFF)
(for 1Gb systems)

ATTENTION : Make a backup of your original DSDT file !!
Then compile & install your DSDT.aml file in Extra and reboot, the batterymeter should work.

If your not familiar with the DSDT editing, I recommend you to watch this video :
http://www.youtube.c...layer_embedded#
The RAM editing is @4min20sec...

Fab

Solow

Solow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

For all the people having the "X" battery meter problem, I found a way to make the battery work (without upgrading the RAM to 2Gb) :

You have to change a value in your DSDT file in the

OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0x7F7AE064, 0xFF)
(it's for 2Gb systems)
to
OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0x3F7AE064, 0xFF)
(for 1Gb systems)

ATTENTION : Make a backup of your original DSDT file !!
Then compile & install your DSDT.aml file in Extra and reboot, the batterymeter should work.

If your not familiar with the DSDT editing, I recommend you to watch this video :
http://www.youtube.c...layer_embedded#
The RAM editing is @4min20sec...

Fab

Thanks Fab!

Works perfectly now! Woo hoo!

NBS

NBS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Well I got Snow Leopard on my netbook but I haven't completely got it the way I want to.
The sleep mode doesn't work entirely, when I close the lid or go to sleep manually the screen freezes but the it doesn't turn off and to return I can sometimes press the power button and I get access to my mouse and all that but if I wait too long the whole computer freezes. I heard that about a ClamshellDisplay.kext at Superhai.com but it appears to have been taken off and I can't find it anywhere else.
And finally if anyone knows about a kext or program so I can change my brightness (preferably with the hot keys already on my keyboard) let me know.

Sleep and battery work great on mine (with Snow 10.6.3).

PowerOSX

PowerOSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I've got a Asus T101MT (Intel N450, with GMA 3150 graphics) running SnowLeopard 10.6.2, and I have the sleep problem listed in this thread. When in sleep mode, the fan turns off as does the hard drive, the mouse pointer disappears, but the screen stays on. No button, or combo of buttons will take it out of this sleep mode, except hitting the power switch.

I've tried the LidSleep 1.2 kext, installed using Kext b7, and while it seems to have installled fine, it made no change to lcd screen shutting off.

Any other suggestions to fix this issue?

ficanas

ficanas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Merci eeeFab pour le truc du DSDT!

Thanx eeeFab for the DSDT trick, my battery meter works good now!

frankolo

frankolo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
How can I solve the sleep problem? My 1005ha run SL 10.6.4... :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy