[Help] eSata: Marvell 88SE6121 SATA II Controller [11ab:6121]

8 posts in this topic

Hi folks, first sorry for my English. I have already read this topic

Ok, this is my problem:

I have a p5q deluxe and all works. The only problem is the eSata port on this mobo. In bios is set to AHCI, the disk connected to the eSata port (all disks that i have try) are seen in bios, they are seen by chameleon but not are seen by Snow.

schermata20100316a01342.png

I use a modded version of Appleviaata (in attached), i have try ALL Appleviaata and only the ide connector internal work, only, the eSata managed from the same controller Marvell 88SE6121 SATA II Controller [11ab:6121] don't work

schermata20100316a01484.png

In attached there are my two dsdt (original and modded), i have do some try but nothing. I don't understand if is possible make same changes that i read in this threads on this Marvell controller or simply if there is a possibility to resolve my problem.

Someone can help me, please?

dsdt_original.dsl.zip

dsdt_modded.dsl.zip

AppleVIAATA.kext.zip

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I have the Asus P5Q-E which uses the Marvel 88SE6121 controller. I have an eSata drive I desperately want to use with OSX (Snow Leopard 10.6.5) and have had absolutely no luck. I have installed AppleVIAATA kext and from what I can understand the 6121 is supported within it. There is no other mention of 6121 in my other kexts, and the XPERT mode in BIOS is switched off. I don't mind if hotplug isn't supported (that simply makes it ejectable, doesn't it?) because I leave the drive on constantly (it has its own safe-off function).

Thanks

• 11 months later...
Solved for half:

in bios, for me, is need set the xpert drive to normal mode, so the eSata works, but don't the Hot Plug.

So the last problem is only the hot plug

how did you change the setting?

It is grayed out for me and can't seem to enable it so i can make the change

Thanks

I have the Asus P5Q-E which uses the Marvel 88SE6121 controller. I have an eSata drive I desperately want to use with OSX (Snow Leopard 10.6.5) and have had absolutely no luck.

Rule #1 of Hackintosh Club is "Know your hardware".

The reason why you aren't having any luck is that the eSATA port on the P5Q-E is not driven by the Marvell 6121, it's on a separate Silicon Image SATA controller, as you can see here:

http://www.asus.com/...#specifications

There's a driver for it somewhere here on IM but it's not finished and IIRC it doesn't work in 64-bit mode.

The PATA port of the Marvell 88SE6121 on the P5Q-E works with SuperVIAATA.kext.

• 8 months later...