Safari 4.0.5 is out

macusers

15 posts in this topic

The Safari 4.0.5 is comparatively faster than it's predecessors , it has also got a good reviews of it's software update:

Apple has released Safari 4.0.5, which brings a number of performance enhancements and bug fixes to Apple's browser. According to the updater, the following has been addressed:

• Performance improvements for Top Sites
  • Stability improvements for 3rd-party plug-ins
  • Stability improvements for websites with online forms and Scalable Vector Graphics
  • Fixes an issue that prevented Safari from changing settings on some Linksys routers
  • Fixes an issue that prevented some iWork.com users from commenting on documents

Hanged! again many times in a day. Safari works fine if the web page don't have lots of flash, if it is, it makes pretty weird things, or the flash object does pretty weird things on safari and the cpu activity would go up since the fans on my notebook will turn on and work really fast.

I usually encounter this problem when I am on "facebook" and playing on "farmville", hehhehehe -- cute.

But all in all, pretty much more stable than the previous one before the update. I have rarely used Camino now because of this...

Hanged! again many times in a day. Safari works fine if the web page don't have lots of flash, if it is, it makes pretty weird things, or the flash object does pretty weird things on safari and the cpu activity would go up since the fans on my notebook will turn on and work really fast.

I usually encounter this problem when I am on "facebook" and playing on "farmville", hehhehehe -- cute.

But all in all, pretty much more stable than the previous one before the update. I have rarely used Camino now because of this...

Me too, on both, a real mac and a hackintosh...it's flash player, for me firefox is faster even on farmville

Safari hates flash?

I guess flash hate safari...it's a long time knowing about flash player been slow on safari....even on ancient times when i had a g4 the same problem with safari.....camino , firefox google chrome(actually), netscape and the ancient IExplorer for mac, thanks god discontinued... worked faster....apple knows it, for a long time ago...tha's why they decide to not include flash feature(i guess) on the ipad cause steve says that all the errors came for the flash player and adobe team says no...who's right i don't know but flash hangs a lot , on mac on pc's i guess it's faulty, but in a short time everybody will say goodbye to flash with a new coming of html5

• 2 weeks later...