DELL Studio 1749 and leopard or snow leopard

11 posts in this topic

Hello all

First of all I am sorry for my english, I am from Poland and english is not my native language.

I consider buying a laptop with following specs

DELL Studio 1749

Intel i5-430M(2,26GHz) processor

4 GB ram 1333MHz DDR3

2x 320 GB HDD 7200 RPM probably as RAID 0 matrix but I am not sure

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 grapchics card with 1 GB of dedicated ram

WebCam 2.0 mpx

Dell Wireless 1520 (802.11n

Dell Bluetooth 365

I don't know anythink about ethernet card and about sound card.

Can anybody tell me that can I run leo or snow leo on this laptop, I am affraid especially about webcam, bluetooth and wireless, can anybody confirm if wireless, bluetooth and webcam works?

P.S I think that sound chip should based on ITD chip because I found such information in pne pf polish laptops forum

• 3 months later...

Hi, I have also bought the Dell Studio 1749. Is it possible to get Os X 10.6 on it or just Os X (whatever the version is). I hope so? this is my configuration:

Dell Studio 1749 Touch

Intel i7 Mobile Processor 720QM

8.192 MB 1333MHz DDR3

2x 500 GB HDD 7200 RPM

1 GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 560v

Don't know if it matters but: Windows 7 64-bits

PS. What is the best install at this time?

Tnx, Joeri

Also have a studio 1749 coming in and would be interested to know if 10.6 has decent odds of running on it. I would actually be ok with it lacking wireless, bluetooth, web cam because I mostly want it for I movie, and photoshop.

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere else that the dedicated ATI 5xxx will not work, and potentially you'll have to use the integrated video option.

Bump, as I'm about to purchase a Dell Studio 17, and have my own thread regarding this...currently still unanswered :)

• 2 months later...
Does nobody knows how to put OS X on a Dell Studio ?? Is there not a noob-tutorial for all computers?

I have a Dell Studio 1747:

i7 740- 6gbRAM - Ati Mobility Radeon HD 560v...

I installed Mac Os X 10.5 by kalyway and works good.

The problem is the graphic card, the resolution of my 17" display is 1024x768 ;)

• 5 months later...

I have a dell studio 1749 with an i5 processor and 2 500gb drives 1 currently has windows 7, I keep getting kernel panics related to acpi. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...