Dell Zino HD/Inspiron 400 OSX86 Support

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is OSX86 support for the Dell Zino HD (also known as the Dell Inspiron 400)? I want to get a mac mini but alas, no native HDMI so opted for a Dell Zino HD instead. Its working fine w/ Windows 7 but am interested in tossing OS X on if possible.

Thoughts?

• 3 months later...
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is OSX86 support for the Dell Zino HD (also known as the Dell Inspiron 400)? I want to get a mac mini but alas, no native HDMI so opted for a Dell Zino HD instead. Its working fine w/ Windows 7 but am interested in tossing OS X on if possible.

Thoughts?

So did you ever get this to work? I'm trying right now with iATKOS v7 10.5.7. I keep getting a kernel panic from the voodoo kernel.

I'd love to hear if you got it to work.

So did you ever get this to work? I'm trying right now with iATKOS v7 10.5.7. I keep getting a kernel panic from the voodoo kernel.

I'd love to hear if you got it to work.

Hey - i never got OSX86 to run on my Zino HD, but I didnt try that hard either. Wish i had better news!

I've been trying like hell. I think its the ATI Mobility Radeon graphics card. Everywhere I've looked says its not supported.

Do you have the ATI Radeon 4330 (the discrete card)? if so im not suprised - that thing barely has driver support under windows (you need a particular build of ATI Catalyst Control Center to be able to access advanced display properties)

Installation of Snow Leopard Retail on Dell Zino was no problem with Empire EFI. 3250e Processor & 4330 ATI Mobility

The problem is getting the mobility card to work.

Do you have the ATI Radeon 4330 (the discrete card)? if so im not suprised - that thing barely has driver support under windows (you need a particular build of ATI Catalyst Control Center to be able to access advanced display properties)

Things changed ATI Catalyst has support for mobility cards now so thats not the case.

• 1 month later...

BOOOM. I installed the SnowLeoOSX86Dvd.iso on my bottom of the line zino hd, and i have to say that...the network card is almost impossible to get running, and i cant figure it out, there are drivers for it but it makes mac crash. everything else works smooth though..

• 6 months later...
BOOOM. I installed the SnowLeoOSX86Dvd.iso on my bottom of the line zino hd, and i have to say that...the network card is almost impossible to get running, and i cant figure it out, there are drivers for it but it makes mac crash. everything else works smooth though..

Could you please explain the config you used?

• 5 months later...

Hey guys,

Can someone please explain the steps of how you got OSX86 installed on your Zino? I've been trying for the past few days and I'm having no luck.

I've been using iATKOS S3 V2 and it installs fine, no errors. However, when I go to boot the system, I get to the apple logo and nothing happens. I've tried booting -s and -x and no luck there either. I think the problem might be the video card, but it seems like SL actually has support for the Radeon 4300.

I also tried the SnowLEO DVD and didn't have anymore luck there.

ANY advice anyone can give would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks guys!

-S

Oh - The computer is a Dell Zino HD with the Radeon 4300 card.

• 3 years later...