Who's the best live band you've ever seen?

Swad

91 posts in this topic

I've seen In Flames live three times, and they always seem to have the most energy and crowd involvement out of all the bands I've seen.

It was sold out when they came to where i live or else i would have gone :D

max

Panic at the disco -- 10x better than the CD.....

Damn, lucky. They came around here 2 days after I got their CD, and by then it was too late. Ever since then (8 months ago), they haven't even come close.

Anyway, best concert I've ever been to was Kenny Chesney's Road and the Radio tour in the New Orleans Arena last month. Damn good show. Second best concert was Alter Bridge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmm either the Allman Brothers Band or Velvet Revolver (Velvet Revolver is Slash, Duff, Matt Sorum from the old Guns N Roses playing with singer and rhythm from Stone Temple Pilots). Allman Brothers had that dope hippie experience but Velvet Revolver was Slash! Both awesome...

• 2 months later...

Jamiroquai

at Buenos Aires City Club, Buenos Aires, Argentina 03/22/05

really amazing, all those women chores and arrangements

after that I think The Rolling stones was pretty awesome, a real show with fireworks and those things.

Id love to be in a Streetlight Manifesto show

Panic at the disco -- 10x better than the CD.....

haha i remember listening to these guys back when no one knew who they were and the blew up just like all the other wack bands, i tried to sneak in but their manager wouldnt let the security guard let us in.

for me it would have to be Mae, Copeland, and The Academy Is...

• 2 weeks later...

Y E S - I've seen them in Montreal in 2003 i guess, they were so good, these guys have been playing since the 60s, they're incredibly talented.

The Musical Box - I wish i could say Genesis...! But this tribute band is perfectly recreating their 70s shows and i mean it PERFECTLY.

Rick Wakeman - Quebec 2006

• 1 month later...

I saw Dave Matthews Band with Robert Randolph and the Family Band... amazing.

Gnarls Barkley was pretty cool too, I like how they're always in costume, they were tennis players when I saw them.

• 2 weeks later...

favourite 4:

smashing pumpkins 1996 stockholm, sweden.

beck 1997 roskilde, denmark.

grandaddy 1998 zuerich, switzerland.

zoot woman 2003 zuerich, switzerland.

last good concerts i've been to in the last few months:

- mocky

- goose

- klaxons (ok they were a little too 'drunk' ;-) )

- killers (not as great as expected)

- the sounds (is she still on coke)

ehh, i saw ray davies, blondie, patti smith, 12 tibbetin monks, michael skype, and countless other people @ carnagie hall. i dont like their music to much, but they sounded good together.