Who's the best live band you've ever seen?

Swad

91 posts in this topic

So last night I got to see a good band called Sanctus Real play on stage - great band that was fairly good, but not great, with a live performance.

So who's the best band you've ever seen perform live? Why was it so good?

I'm curious to see what people thinks makes up a great live performance.

I saw Foo Fighter's in hyde park not to long ago, They were supported by:

Juliet and the licks (Or something like that)

Queen's of the stoneage * Very good live*

Motorhead (Gotta love the classic)

Angels and Airwaves (Tom Delonge from Blink 182's New band, Also very good)

May have been more but i cant remeber :offtopic:

• Like 1

Definately The Mars Volta. At the Big Day Out, Sydney.

Omar is damn amazing

i hear they go all out improv when they play live

also, i saw DJ A-Trak spin some killer cuts at a DJ competition in austin.

real mindblowing stuff

I've been to alot of gigs, and the best by far was Moloko at Manchester Academy in 2003. That girl has the best stage presence of any artist I have ever seen. And the music was fantastic too! Plus they were supported by Gus Gus who are one of my favourite dance bands.

The Grateful Dead was without a doubt the best live band ever because it was allways an "in the moment" performance. They never played a song live the same way twice. When bands perform this way you are in for speacial treat, and they happened to be the very best at it. :)

Yeah Mars Volta are just amazing. And yes, they do do huge improvs on stage. I saw them at Big Day Out, AUS.

HAL 9000; All Mars Volta's performances are different. They never play the same song twice. and a lot of improvisation. It's the best

Omar the guitarist is crazy talented and Cedric the vocalist goes all out. Crazy latino/mexican dancing/crawling across the stage etc.

I would really love to see Radiohead and The Arcade Fire.

For me the best concert i ever saw was The Rolling Stones the first time they ever played in Russia during the bridges over babylon tour. I also saw Mark Lanegan playing in Belfast with support from Nick Olivieri from QOTSA in a smallish venue very intimate. I would have loved to have seen The Grateful Dead before the passing of Jerry Garcia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I like ska/raggae/punk mostly but Rabbit in the Moon is pretty crazy.
Dave Matthews Band.

I also have to say that ska/reggae/punk bands are sweet bands to see live... for example Streetlight Manifesto normaly plays a few of their songs normaly but they also play some of their songs in new arrangments, they put a few songs together, they cover a bunch of songs and get into the music.

Most other bands I see live are good, but it seems they get board of touring...