ALC888 AppleHDA 10.6.3 + DSDT ***NEW VERSION***

atlee

113 posts in this topic

Guys, attached is the previous kext that atlee had posted; it's different in configuration from the actual one but it doesn't need the dsdt stuff. It's what i'm using and it does work with 10.6.4 as atlee mentioned. I use it mainly because of the different config; check previous posts for more info on that.

About the dsdt stuff, check this post; at the end of the first line there's a link to some useful stuff; you can find there how to add that stuff to dsdt.

AppleHDA.kext.22_5.zip

Good evening to everyone on this thread, SnowLeopard 10.6.4 update is available! Once applied, can we use again the kext posted in the first page (10.6.3) or should we wait for a newer version?

Many thanks, in anticipation of applying the update...

Good evening to everyone on this thread, SnowLeopard 10.6.4 update is available! Once applied, can we use again the kext posted in the first page (10.6.3) or should we wait for a newer version?

Many thanks, in anticipation of applying the update...

The AppleHDA kext from 10.6.3 works fine also with 10.6.4, but i already patched the new one for myself.

So i share it here, hopefully it works for you too.

My motherboard is Gigabyte UD3LR.

I was using Atlee's parameters from one of his patches back from March.

AppleHDA10.6.4_1.8.7f1_ALC888Address2.zip

Guys, attached is the previous kext that atlee had posted; it's different in configuration from the actual one but it doesn't need the dsdt stuff. It's what i'm using and it does work with 10.6.4 as atlee mentioned. I use it mainly because of the different config; check previous posts for more info on that.

About the dsdt stuff, check this post; at the end of the first line there's a link to some useful stuff; you can find there how to add that stuff to dsdt.

Amazing, thank you so much :blink: Kext worked like a charm. I'm only getting 1, 2-channel source for output which is too bad, however my front inputs are now working and they never have before :(

Any idea on getting 5.1?

The AppleHDA kext from 10.6.3 works fine also with 10.6.4, but i already patched the new one for myself.

So i share it here, hopefully it works for you too.

My motherboard is Gigabyte UD3LR.

I was using Atlee's parameters from one of his patches back from March.

Excellent share and work, thank you. Will try it ASAP.

Is this the same release as Bansaku's post found over at www.tonymacx86.com? He mentions that he also patched v10.6.4 binary and prompts us to remove any .kexts from /E/E.

Can you please elaborate/explain what you mean by "using Atlee's parameters"? You mean the Info.plist file in the main kext (not plugins)?

Thank you!

Excellent share and work, thank you. Will try it ASAP.

Is this the same release as Bansaku's post found over at www.tonymacx86.com? He mentions that he also patched v10.6.4 binary and prompts us to remove any .kexts from /E/E.

Can you please elaborate/explain what you mean by "using Atlee's parameters"? You mean the Info.plist file in the main kext (not plugins)?

Thank you!

Well, the case is that i dont exactly know when and where i downloaded that kext which worked for me, cause i was trying out quite a few before i got the one which seems the best to me. I checked the codecverbs, and my card has the same as Atlee, so it should work more or less the same. But i noticed Atlee updated his patch since then, so i think its different a bit now, but i am happy with that what i have.

My problem is i dont really undestand the patching method, i did not find any decent tutorial about it, and this way i dont really know what is working why and why not. I need to have LegacyHDA.kext in Extra/Extensions folder, this one LegacyHDA.kext.zip. It was not working for me without that in 10.6.3. As long as i can find a way to make my outputs work, i am quite happy, and dont really care about understanding what is what. My Mic in and Line Ins are also working. I dont care about 5.1 or similar, stereo is enough for me.

Headphone output, Line Out works fine.

I have some warning messages by AppleHDA at verbosed boot, but i dont care about that either, since sound is perfect for me.

• 3 weeks later...

it works on my ga-ep41t ud3l. this kext is very good.

at first, i am using my dsdt.aml with some other applehda.kext and legacyhda.kext. but someday i got something wrong, and reinstalled 10.6.3 snow leopard.after restart, i found the sound was lost. i downloaded the newest applehda.kext from kext.com, but no luck. it seems that there is a hdaenable.kext inside the package of that applehda.kext.

so i started to search the web, and found this thread. i am glad to have my sound works again.

thanks a lot.

• 5 weeks later...
Sound works perfect on my Gigabyte GA-EP41-UD3L thanks to this kexts! Thank you very much for all the hard work :)

What was your process for getting this working on a GA-EP41-UD3L?

it works on my ga-ep41t ud3l. this kext is very good.

at first, i am using my dsdt.aml with some other applehda.kext and legacyhda.kext. but someday i got something wrong, and reinstalled 10.6.3 snow leopard.after restart, i found the sound was lost. i downloaded the newest applehda.kext from kext.com, but no luck. it seems that there is a hdaenable.kext inside the package of that applehda.kext.

so i started to search the web, and found this thread. i am glad to have my sound works again.

thanks a lot.

What was your process for installing these kexts? I am not having much luck with these.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...