ALC888 AppleHDA 10.6.3 + DSDT ***NEW VERSION***

atlee

113 posts in this topic

I checked out with a hex editor indeed this is the real 10.6.3 unlike some other chaps on the Internet that is saying that "i've patched for ALC888" , which is in fact a 10.6.2 kext rebranded to 10.6.3 !

Yep, this one works :) Lineout; HP; LineIn need to test; Mic need to test back panel out, front panel doesn't work, just some hiss with input volume at max; Digital In/Out can't test atm. As far as i can remember this is the AppleHDA with most correct info on System Profiler i ever used.

Using dsdt instead of HDAEnabler, just the generic patch.

Nice work, thanks.

Hazara, i'd say that has nothing to do with this kext but... No such problems here.

Does anyone know if sony vaio vcp115fm would have this sound card

Install windows, install realtek hd drivers, open realtrek control panel and click on the "i" information button it will tell you the chipset. This is a highend laptop so probably will be better then alc888.

Install windows, install realtek hd drivers, open realtrek control panel and click on the "i" information button it will tell you the chipset. This is a highend laptop so probably will be better then alc888.

Thank you so much i've been trying to figure that out for a while

If you Search for PinConfigOverRides in Regedit I can assure you its 100% Not there, What you are thinking of is PinConfigOverrideVerbs. Copy/paste is an amazing tool...

Install Realtek HD drivers and retry it's 100% there in regedit.

Thanks for this! Working great on GA-EP43-UD3L.

I would like to know if there is something I can tweak to increase the mic input level? I've increased the levels in system preferences and it's still too low. It could be my cheap mic, but I'd rather be able to edit the kext than buy a good mic :)

Thanks for this! Working great on GA-EP43-UD3L.

I would like to know if there is something I can tweak to increase the mic input level? I've increased the levels in system preferences and it's still too low. It could be my cheap mic, but I'd rather be able to edit the kext than buy a good mic :)

I'm sure there is a mic attribute have to think of it and i'll let you know.

Hi, I m trying to get my ALC888 to work. It was working nicely in 10.5, it is lost in 10.6

I have tried your kext, unfortunately it did not go. I assume your kext and most the kext are only support under intel chipset right. on the hand mine is AMD, Ati sb600. So do you know if there is any way to get it working, do you think add legacy hda would do the trick?

Hi, I m trying to get my ALC888 to work. It was working nicely in 10.5, it is lost in 10.6

I have tried your kext, unfortunately it did not go. I assume your kext and most the kext are only support under intel chipset right. on the hand mine is AMD, Ati sb600. So do you know if there is any way to get it working, do you think add legacy hda would do the trick?

If you have AMD then you do not have Intel Realtek ALC888, different chips AMD use. If you do not have intel chip board, not much can help you.

Hey Altee, thanks for getting me straight. I was struggling and desperately to find how to enable my sound. I tried with voodoohda but no sound either, but it does show the output and input in my sound setting under system settings.

Give me motherboard brand and model and i'll tell you the sound chip.

I also patched the AppleHDA 10.6.3 for alc888, and i have 6channel, front mic switchable with line-in, and rear mic working

But no sound after wake from sleep :)

I add the missing HDEF entry to _WAK section on dsdt.aml, but no change

any suggestion

sorry for this bad english